Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

side exhaust on revo

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 08:55 PM
rc revo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default side exhaust on revo

Anyone have any info on a side exhaust on a revo.Thinking about it not sure if it is good or bad info please
Old 09-11-2006, 09:30 PM
weez440

Default RE: side exhaust on revo

side exhaust is bad. you get oil and crud all down the side of your truck. rear exhaust means cleaner truck. but then again i guess it is person preference.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:36 PM
bennyblanco

from what i hear side pipes or good rear pipes are bad!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:19 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i like the rear pipe... but the side pipe seems to be faster. you can run a larger pipe.. well for us big block guys thats good. if your running a 2.5 or 3.3 im not sure its worth it. maybe it is?
Old 09-11-2006, 11:35 PM
wide_open247

What bodies are you using when mounting a side pipe. I have a RB C5 in my revo and right now I have a Trinity high flow pipe, it works pretty good now but it would be nice to have a side pipe
Old 09-12-2006, 08:08 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

The Slayer runs it. It says he uses a nitro rustler manifold, and then runs any pipe he wants.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:47 PM
bspate

There is some good info here from the Traxxas forums about running a side exhaust.....

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=335993

- bspate -
Old 09-12-2006, 03:18 PM
RevoAddict

Two reasons why i had mine on the side.

-if you got a revo, you'll encounter multiple times that the shock ends will pop out. Aluminum or plastic it will pop out due to the fact that the exhaust pipe transfertoo much heat and expand the end rod.

-easier access to the rear end.

-your revo will look like a truggy when you do this mod.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:18 PM
rc revo

thank for the help ill think about it
Old 09-14-2006, 06:38 PM
gtsum

ORIGINAL: weez440

side exhaust is bad. you get oil and crud all down the side of your truck. rear exhaust means cleaner truck. but then again i guess it is person preference.
Well, I run a side pipe and it is the only way to go with a BB engine...period. I ran a couple BB engines with a cvec rear pipe and while it worked, you get so much more power, tunability, more reliable running, etc with the side pipe. No more busted couplers either. I have only jacked up the side mount one time (on a very bad landing). The three springs were stretched, and the pipe was still attached....if your exhaust stinger points out the side, then yes, it does get fuel on the rear wheel, etc, but if your stinger is pointed down (like mine), there are no issues. If you are not running a BB engine, stay with the rear pipe though...
Old 09-14-2006, 10:05 PM
wide_open247

Do yo have any troubles with damage to the pipe, doesn't look to protected like an 1/8 scale
Old 09-14-2006, 10:15 PM
MBX5T Maniac

It may not be protected as much, but just try killing a 1/8 buggy pipe. It is not easy. Since it is high up, and if you can get it under the body, it will be covered by the body, giving it a bit more protection. But it shouldn't be bad unless you land on the side with the pipe, from a 10 foot drop.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:33 PM
ScRacing

Every one says its not a good idea untill they get a mid block or big block engine and then all of a sudden they can't keep they'r engine tuned, they then realize that there are no big block pipes t ocome out of hte rear of the revo. So what do you do? You do the following.

If you want higher rpms/ higher hp go Ofna JP-2 pipe
If you wnat more torqu and low end power go Ofna JP-1
If you want the best over all get the Ofna JP-3

Hears what i did for my sirio 23, wich was also bought for my next engine wich will be the Novarossie 528 or the Ninja 28 if its out by then.

http://scrcracing.zoomshare.com/albu...at/webchat.css

Old 09-14-2006, 10:48 PM
MBX5T Maniac

For those who want a side mounted Pipe, and still have a small block, here is the solution:

First buy the O.S. .21 RG header. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNW29&P=7 Then buy pipe of choice if you don't already have one. Screw the O.S. header on. It should fit. Next put the pipe on, and secure it with the manifold coupling. Done. Find some way to secure the end of the pipe to the chassis, and you are done. It will fit if you are using a pull start, and any 1/8 buggy screw on manifold should work with a pipe if you are using a bump box, and sealed back. Note, this is for TRX 2.5 and 3.3 owners only. For BB's, a normal 1/8 buggy pipe and header will work fine, and should make it easier on you.

So go buy a BB!!
Old 09-15-2006, 07:01 AM
gtsum

There really is a large difference in pipes also...I use an SH max speed pipe with an ultra torque header with the mach 28 in the revo..it is a perfect match for the engine....I have used jp-2, os t2050, and losi ht pipes with an axial 32, os30, and sh 28 p6 (lst2)...each of the engines ran different with the various pipes! The jps-2 is a good all around pipe, but does not have as much top end as the os pipe (with the os30 and sh 28)...what I am trying to say is pipes can make a large difference in how the engines run and perform....and yes, a side pipe is sturdy on a revo...