Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Thinking About Selling My Revo

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 02:05 AM
Captian Insano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking About Selling My Revo

Hey everyone.

Ive recently considered selling my revo and picking up a tmaxx or something. It runs great, lots of dam-near new parts on it, new trx3.3r engine, only about a 1/3 gallon run through it, runs perfectly, nice idle and everything (well its tuned for my atmoshpere, Im at about 2820 feet about sea-level up in Canada, so depending on where the potential buyer would be it would need to be re-tuned, but thats not hard.). The recently bought parts for it are :

-TRX3.3R Engine
-Tekno RC: - Wing Mount
-Extended Arms
-Receiver And Tank Conversion Kit
-Throttle Servo Mount
-Proline Racing Wing (Regular wing, Black)
-New Engine Mount
-New Airfliter
-Futaba Throttle Servo (I actually had it sitting around, the old servo went ca-poot, but it works great, nice throttle repsonce and it gets right on the brakes)
-Antenna Tube

There are other parts on it too, they arnt that much more used then the other parts, they've just been on there longer, ask if you would like to see a list. This isnt an add for it, Im just wondering what you guys think I should sell it for. Im up in Canada, so it'll be a bit more pricy then what anyone in the US will be used to due to that its just much more expensive up here ($650 for a revo up here, and thats not a half bad deal sometimes, I payed $420 for mine used about a year and a bit ago.), Im thinking about $700 just because I know 2 people who would be willing to pay it in about a month and a half if its not sold by then. Dont flame me if you think its crazy, just tell me you think its too high, or if you dont think its half bad or would like to see the other parts Ive put in it, just ask. And it would come with quite a few extra's, such as a full set of arms, stock, fairly scrathed but still usable, pipe, same thing fairly used but still usable, rockers, tools, etc. . Tell me what you think?

Justin
Old 03-23-2008, 02:09 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Thinking About Selling My Revo

Looks like a great Revo, why would you want A T-maxx instead - I can't think of anything it does better than a Revo.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:18 AM
Captian Insano

Hey

Thanks for the complement. Its not that the tmaxx is better or anything, or that theres anything wrong with a revo, Ive driving them and lots of other trucks before, and its more of the fact that my revo is essentially built for racing now, which I dont do alot of since our track kinda closed down, so I figure it'll live its life better doing what it was built for and thats racing, and Ill just pick up more of a basher like a tmaxx or something. Im not even sure if Im gonna get a tmaxx, its just the first thing that came to mind and Ive always been a bit of a Traxxas fan myself.

Justin
Old 03-23-2008, 02:21 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see, thats a pretty fair reason. Check out something like an LST2 or MGT 8.0, great bashers. Personally I feel the Tmaxx is pretty much the worst MT of that class you can get.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:27 AM
Captian Insano

Hey

Haha, yeah, it isnt the greatest lol, Ive driven a few different savages and a couple tmaxx's, a like the tmaxx just because its a bit faster and I can jump it higher, but the savage is alot better of a basher because its durable as hell. I saw the MGT8.0 and almost **** a brick, that things got a HUGE engine! Definitly an option lol, but well see. Also, to anyone who would want to see pictures, Ill try and get some posted up tommorow.

Justin
Old 03-23-2008, 08:33 AM
[email protected]

or you can get a baja 5b

man their fun wish i owned one and didn't have to drive my neighbors[]
Old 03-23-2008, 12:37 PM
mustang-04

ORIGINAL: Captian Insano
Im up in Canada, so it'll be a bit more pricy then what anyone in the US will be used to due to that its just much more expensive up here ($650 for a revo up here
where are you looking for revo prices in canada? everywhere i look i see $499/$479 etc... ???

Old 03-23-2008, 02:11 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Well, just FYI ... Revos can bash... BUT... if you're really wanting to sell it, I'd probably look at Losi products... not a T-maxx. I would say LST2... personally, I'm not a fan of Savages... but... *shrug* to each his own.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Captian Insano

Hey

[email protected]- Too expensive, Im looking at gettin a truck with the money Ill be gettin from selling the revo.

mustang-04- Im looking at Great Hobbies, they have a deal on right now where you can get the revo 3.3 for $540, regularly $630, and then the platinum edition revo is $680. Theres probly better deals if you look reaaaaal hard, but I dont have to pay for shipping because my uncle lives in Edmonton and he comes out to B.C. here once every 2 weeks so I can just get him to pick it up and bring it to me.

RenegadeRevo- Oh, dont get me wrong, my revo CAN bash, theres no dout about it, but I just want something else to play with, this is built for someone whos looking to get a real good racer, or atleast starter racer. And if I end up not selling it, Im not worried about it not being able to bash lol, I already know it can.

Justin
Old 03-23-2008, 02:26 PM
RenegadeRevo

After reading again... dude, your truck isn't worth more than $350... if that. (CDN or US... it doesn't matter) I think you'd be LUCKY to get 350 shipped, but that's just me. That's how much I got out of my 1/2 gallon babied Revo 2.5r... they're like 1:1 cars... once you start 'em and drive 'em... they lose value. My $850 Revo probably isn't worth more than $300 or so.... 'cause it's been beaten so badly. It really sucks, but that's just how it is. []
Old 03-23-2008, 03:11 PM
sloppyG

I'd second the above comment

used RC's don't hold value well

you'd be better off to just keep the revo if you want a MT, if you sell it and want a t-maxx, lst2, mgt .......... you'll have to shell out at a minimum an extra couple hundred bucks
Old 03-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Captian Insano

Hey

With the parts that are dam near new on it, plus the fairly new engine, Im pretty confident I can get atleast $500 for it, and like I said, I know 2 people who would be willing to pay in cash $650 from one, and $700 from the other, and these just arnt some saps Im trying to scam, they're my freinds and theyve driving this truck and they know its worth the money, and they're willing to pay it, the only other reason Im selling it that high is so I can try and get a good truck, and if I have any money left over maybe a upgrade or 2. That sucks that you didnt get much out of your revo when you sold it, and I most defintly do understand what you mean buy the 1/1 car thing, but there is a difference, you dont see someone with a 1992 Mazda RX7 FD3C with a Veilside Fortune body kit for $5000, you dont even see a crappy RX7 go for under $10K, and thats a 16 year old car. I know anyone could go and buy a new revo and the parts and jsut build it themselves, but what Im kida tryin to offer is kind of a good deal, Ive put over a thousand dollars into this truck since i got it (thats including the truck which was $420 all together) since I got it just bairly over a year ago, with the majority of the parts been gotten over the past 3-4 months, and the engine only being ran for the 1/3 of a tank, and then put away for winter right, not someone just shuttind down the engine with gas still in it and letting it sit for months (thats a story on its own, which also happens to be why theres the new engine in it lol). So if you add the price of a revo, even at the price mustang-04 posted, so $500, plus all the parts Ive put into it:
-Everything posted above= About $360
-3 Racing Extended Chassis= $80
-RC Screwz Full Stainless Steel Screw Kit= $40
-Robinson Racing Products Steel Spur/Bell Combo= $65
-Prolince Maxx Size Mulchers= $60
-RPM Clawz Wheels= $45
-JConcepts Illuzion Body= $40

So thats $690 approxamtly in parts, plus the truck, $500, so thats a total of $1190, but you could also say $950 about without the engine since its a new truck, but thats still just a bit over a thousand when the truck has taxes and shipping included. So in the case of mine, Ive spent right around $1120 on my truck, and yes, its used, so $700 is what, $420 less then what I've payed total? You could buy a regular tmaxx 2.5 for that. And thats money saved. So if you ask me, Im not really asking for a huge amount, plus the spair parts it comes with. OH, and also, add like 10 bucks for a new rear bulkhead and 50 for a pair of MIP CVD's, turns out, at some point when we were moving someone managed to break the right front driveshaft, and when I went to work on the truck a few weeks ago, both screws that hold the rear shocks into the shock towers acutally broke inside the bulkhead, so itll need a new one, and I would be willing to pay for those and install them, and still keep it at $700, so your gettin BRAND NEW parts in that deal too. But thats what I think, Im not sayin your wrong, Im right, or anythig like that, but thats the way I see it.

Justin
Old 03-23-2008, 05:30 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: Captian Insano

Hey

With the parts that are dam near new on it, plus the fairly new engine, Im pretty confident I can get atleast $500 for it, and like I said, I know 2 people who would be willing to pay in cash $650 from one, and $700 from the other, and these just arnt some saps Im trying to scam, they're my freinds and theyve driving this truck and they know its worth the money, and they're willing to pay it, the only other reason Im selling it that high is so I can try and get a good truck, and if I have any money left over maybe a upgrade or 2. That sucks that you didnt get much out of your revo when you sold it, and I most defintly do understand what you mean buy the 1/1 car thing, but there is a difference, you dont see someone with a 1992 Mazda RX7 FD3C with a Veilside Fortune body kit for $5000, you dont even see a crappy RX7 go for under $10K, and thats a 16 year old car. I know anyone could go and buy a new revo and the parts and jsut build it themselves, but what Im kida tryin to offer is kind of a good deal, Ive put over a thousand dollars into this truck since i got it (thats including the truck which was $420 all together) since I got it just bairly over a year ago, with the majority of the parts been gotten over the past 3-4 months, and the engine only being ran for the 1/3 of a tank, and then put away for winter right, not someone just shuttind down the engine with gas still in it and letting it sit for months (thats a story on its own, which also happens to be why theres the new engine in it lol). So if you add the price of a revo, even at the price mustang-04 posted, so $500, plus all the parts Ive put into it:
-3 Racing Extended Chassis= $80
-RC Screwz Full Stainless Steel Screw Kit= $40
-Robinson Racing Products Steel Spur/Bell Combo= $65
-Prolince Maxx Size Mulchers= $60
-RPM Clawz Wheels= $45
-JConcepts Illuzion Body= $40

So thats $690 approxamtly in parts, plus the truck, $500, so thats a total of $1190, but you could also say $950 about without the engine since its a new truck, but thats still just a bit over a thousand when the truck has taxes and shipping included. So in the case of mine, Ive spent right around $1120 on my truck, and yes, its used, so $700 is what, $420 less then what I've payed total? You could buy a regular tmaxx 2.5 for that. And thats money saved. So if you ask me, Im not really asking for a huge amount, plus the spair parts it comes with. OH, and also, add like 10 bucks for a new rear bulkhead and 50 for a pair of MIP CVD's, turns out, at some point when we were moving someone managed to break the right front driveshaft, and when I went to work on the truck a few weeks ago, both screws that hold the rear shocks into the shock towers acutally broke inside the bulkhead, so itll need a new one, and I would be willing to pay for those and install them, and still keep it at $700, so your gettin BRAND NEW parts in that deal too. But thats what I think, Im not sayin your wrong, Im right, or anythig like that, but thats the way I see it.

Justin
You do what you want.... if you can get more for it, great. You wanted opinions on what it's worth, but... honestly, you haven't done anything to the truck to raise it's worth. Yeah, it cost YOU a lot of money, but to a used Revo buyer, they're not going to care... If you're questioning my logic... let's go through your list of "upgrades"...
Original Post:
-TRX3.3R Engine - Great, stock motor... no upgrade... buyer has to assume that it'll need a new piston/sleeve, since there is no guarantee on condition
-Tekno RC: - Wing Mount - Not everyone even cares for a wing mount... I wouldn't... not really an upgrade, just aesthetics... won't really give you much resale value
-Extended Arms - With a 3.3 chassis (or extended chassis, as you have pointed out later... not necessary... and doesn't raise the value of the vehicle
-Receiver And Tank Conversion Kit - Nice upgrade, however it doesn't translate to much resale value.
-Throttle Servo Mount - Sounds like you just fixed the mount... not an upgrade. No add'l value
-Proline Racing Wing (Regular wing, Black) - See "Tekno RC: Wing Mount
-New Engine Mount - needed repair... shows that truck has been at least in one bad wreck...
-New Airfliter - Maintenance... and/or... non-valued upgraded part
-Futaba Throttle Servo (I actually had it sitting around, the old servo went ca-poot, but it works great, nice throttle repsonce and it gets right on the brakes) Nice upgrade... add $10
-Antenna Tube See New Engine Mount... comes with a stock brand new Revo.. cost:$3-4... value: $0

This post:
-3 Racing Extended Chassis= $80 - Not necessarily valued. If buyer is looking for a basher... not a good thing... they can break. 3.3 chassis is just as good, and can get with a brand new Revo 3.3
-RC Screwz Full Stainless Steel Screw Kit= $40 - Cool upgrade... not worth much... if anything
-Robinson Racing Products Steel Spur/Bell Combo= $65 - Not necessary with a 3.3... as a matter of fact, could cause more problems than using stockers
-Prolince Maxx Size Mulchers= $60 - Decent upgrade... truck has to have wheels/tires... doesn't add much value
-RPM Clawz Wheels= $45 - personal opinion: some of the ugliest wheels you can put on a truck... value: see Proline Mulchers
-JConcepts Illuzion Body= $40 Cool body, however... truck has to have a body... and not everyone likes that body... value: $0

Without seeing pics, this is what I would look at when buying a used Revo.... Since I know it's been in a few wrecks, I would have to see extensive pictures before even offering $350 on it. If you can find someone willing to pay $700 for it... I say do it... but I wouldn't really consider them a friend... since you're screwing them over.

I love your 1:1 car sentiment, however... with what you've shown me about your Revo... it's more like a salvage titled car... since it has had an engine swap, new chassis, new engine mounts, new body, etc.... not to mention, not everyone wants a Veilside body kit... IMO, that causes it to lose value.

Again, I'm answering your original question. I don't think it's worth much more than $350... if you can get more out of it... go for it.... I won't be buying it...

Not to mention, if a person was really into racing, and wanted a "racing Revo"... they could get the Platinum for $679 from killerhobbies.com.. brand new... with all the "upgrades" of yours... and more

Old 03-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Captian Insano

Hey

Alright, you put up a great argument haha. I see what you mean, and fully agree with you on most of it, and Ill give you that. Oh, and just for future refernce, I dont acutally know fi the truck was in a reck, Im going to assume it was, since when I bought it, one stuck tire was MASHED, like just mangled, looks like pacman lol, and the front left upper arm was snapped in 2, and yeah the engine mount was pretty much screwed. It also came with a full set of brand new front a-arms, so I guess that was a bonus. But to what you said, then theres nothing anyone could really ever do to up the resale value of a rc car, with the exception that its a classic Tamiya or something, Im gonna assume you know what I mean. About the engine, if the buyer were to be that sketchy, I would go out and toss in a new piston and sleeve for them so they could have spare parts for when the engine finally does need to be rebuilt. All the Tekno RC stuff, like I said, its built to be a fairly competitive racer, so all those things would be added bonus's which up performance, and if your looking for a truck that performs, I would assume that ups the resale value a bit, but thats just my 2 cents I guess, and I do see what you mean about the wing, and the throttle mount didnt need fixing, theres no reverse in the truck so the huge box wasnt needed. The RC Screw kit I think most people would assume is actually fairly important, it means all the hardware is there and has been replaced with better quality screws. The chassis acutally performs better then the stock 3.3 chassis because it brings the steering servos up to the front more, adding more bite when in the corners, again, better performance, and its just as strong as the stock, if not stronger. The RRP gears is one of the best upgrades Ive bought, if not the best, they are just as good as the day I bought them, and that was about 2 weeks before I chewed up both the stock spur gears, but thats more of my driving style. Oh, the wheelz, yeah they are pretty dam ugly arnt they? lol, the only reason I bought them is because they were cheap at the time, but they are strong. The body, I kinda wish I had bought a different one, I love the look of it, but theres other I like better, and your right, not everyone likes it. I will try and get pics up if anyone wants to see it, and if the buyer were that skeptical and wanted to see detailed pics of everything, I would be happy to prove there buying a great truck, and take as many pics from and angle they needed, and your right there too. And excuse me, dont get me wrong, youve made me deifintly re-consider things and I thank you for the constructive critism, but **** off they happen to be 2 very good freinds of mine and you can suck it, if there willing to pay that much for it Im not gonna tell them no. Yeah haha, it was just kinda the first thing that came to mind, I dont know why anyone wouldnt want the Veilside kit, I think its great lol, but thats just me. Thank you fr answering my question lol, I think I can get atleast 450 for it, and Ive rethought things over and maybe 700 is fairly steep, but I dont think Im gonna sell it anyway, I was looking at other trucks, and Im still a big fan off the revo. Also, I think if they wanted to be "all out, bawls to the wawls" then they could get it, which I think would be a great buy, but if they want something that will have absolutly no problem holding its own in the track and still be able to take a beating and a half, this probly would be a better truck, or anyones bashing revo for that matter. Thats just my 2 cents though, thanks the the tips.

Justin