Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Soothsayerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: revo supercharger

Wasn't it already decided a long time ago that strapping a squirrel on each side of the revo would give it more power than a supa charger?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:04 PM
westphill24

Squirrels.lol

Why do people get so uptight about things? Someone make a vid of a revo with and one without the supercharger and see how the supercharger changes performance. Im new to rc and I dont know a lot about engines either but I know arguing over something in theory is pretty pointless.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:09 AM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: westphill24

Squirrels.lol

Why do people get so uptight about things? Someone make a vid of a revo with and one without the supercharger and see how the supercharger changes performance. Im new to rc and I dont know a lot about engines either but I know arguing over something in theory is pretty pointless.
I agree, a theory is not fact until proven. Since someone in this thread has already had one and have concluded the gain a too small to almost nothing, a supercharger isn't worth the money.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:37 AM
drummerboy68028

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Well, that is your $150+ USD to give to RB Innovations. But stop trying to convince everyone else to buy it when you have not even tried it yourself. I have first hand experience with this so when I recommend against it, I speak from messing with one. Until you have actually experienced the blessings or woes of this novelty, making claims that 30% to 50% is really unfounded. These are not the big 4stroke diesels or even the valved drawthrough scavenging 2stroke diesels.

As for that low pressure in the crankcase, that volume actually cycles between high and low pressure, it is not always low pressure all the time. Yes, the boost of a proper supercharger (I doubt the RB Innovations one can even make any significant boost anyways) will pack more fuel-air into the volume, and that increase fuel-air charge will rush into the cylinder once the intakes open, but you have not addressed what happens when the instant the intakes close but the exhaust port is still open. The incrueased fuel-air density will seek equilibruim pressure with that of the pipe chamber, so whatever increased fuel-air that has rushed into the cylinder will simply pass out the exhaust port until the pressure in the pipe and the cylinder is near equal. The return pulse? The increased pressure in the cylinder will simply overpower it and still come out into the pipe, taking some of the fresh fuel-air charge with it.

As for E=mc^2, according to physics, our RCs and the chemcal bonds of the fuel breaking as it reacts with air is not the best means to describe thie energy. E=mc^2, though you can use it by reinstalling the devisor term in front of "m", it is really best for describing objects and particles moving at the speed of light (the value of "c" in this equation).
I followed you there for about 2 sentences then i had a meltdown... lol. The more fuel:air ratio inside the cylinder, the hotter the fire and the harder it pushes the pison up, therefore delivering more power. It is the same principles as a big motor....just real tiny-er (i like making up words) So (im not saying that the price fits the performance enhancement) wouldn't the supercharger to some good for the people who feel like buying it?
Old 06-11-2008, 07:08 PM
systemlord

If you are unwilling to take SAVAGEJIM's and many others recommendations, why did you bother to ask if you can't except the response? SAVAGEJIM said, "I have first hand experience with this so when I recommend against it, I speak from messing with one". Thats good enough for me, how about you? I have heard from many not just SAVAGEJIM that the rewards aren't justified by the cost. All those that want to jump into a pool blind folded, go ahead because you've been warned.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:31 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: beer=food

Now its gettin dear !
What about this idea !
From another thread, gave me the idea to make a video camera mount again, aint done it for about 10 years, so l need a new CD player from a car ! LOL !
Mount camera just behind supercharger, which lve ordered, so it has a nice sound feed, LOL , yea yea whatever supercharger wont this wont that, wont fart either but anyways, mine will still sound WIKID, better than ALL yours , hahaha !

l didnt see your reply yesterday savagejim, l missed it somehow, anyways, settle pettle no need to get all uptight in the panties, yea yea e=mc yea lve studied that to, but mr you missed the point being made, and e=mc has relivence anywhere if used correctly, and its the only law we have, so suggest one l should have used over it? hahaha whatever.....The supercharger creates enough energy to make it a gain, not a loss, the energy required to do this [fuel] is where your argument wins, not inside the superchargers fan chamber, where fuel is given more energy as its blasted through a system, its irrelivant if some or even ALOT of fuel is wasted and blown through the system, it creates enough power from the given energy provided to be an overall gain to the cars weight, inefficiency is irrelivant at this stage, THAT WAS MY POINT ! LOL ! Anyways all pretty funny especially when you say your talking from fiddling with one, well l'll find out soon enough how honest you are, and considering you commented that, quote ''supercharger (I doubt the RB Innovations one can even make any significant boost anyways) will '', SO what are you on about ? Was your fiddly one not an RB, if not what a nerve you have to tell others there crap out of fiddling with one, when you have not, l ask you savagejim, is an OS engine the same as a traxxas engine in quallity ?

Anyways, all pretty funny, have you considered savyjimbo, that you cant tune for crap, hahahaha, joking ya cheeky mug, before ya get all touchy, LOL , my bad !
l aint answering the rest of your post its just to bitter bud.
It was the RB Innovations one I fiddleed with, and yep, it is not up to par. The cute little band that is suppposed to be the drive belt kept coming off. When it actually blew air, it blew too much into the carb such that the carb had problms keeping up with the additional air, even if you ichened th nedles out alot. As for the fan inside this thing, it is not a centifical roots, or lyolm type compressor, and there is too much clearance betwen the fan blades and the case such that if any significantboost wn down the carb, alot of it will simply go back past over the floppy blades and back out the air filter again. Not good engineering at all.

When you get your RB Innovations, disassemble yours and look at it and you will see. Also, when you vid yours, set up two stakes about 50ft apart. Then, vid you RC pasing those stakes at top speed without the RB Innovations. Then, slap on your RB Innovations, and vid you RC again at top speed passing both stakes. Let us know th times it takes to go from the first stake to the second stake.

Back to energy: the potentioal energy is locked in the unburnt fuel and air, it is relased into kinetic energy when the chrge combusts. Too much unbunt fuel-air going out the exhaust is that much potntial energy, and therefore kinetic energy, lost. The RB Innovations does nothing to kep that energy in the cylinder.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:36 PM
iamnot

Back to energy: the potentioal energy is locked in the unburnt fuel and air, it is relased into kinetic energy when the chrge combusts. Too much unbunt fuel-air going out the exhaust is that much potntial energy, and therefore kinetic energy, lost. The RB Innovations does nothing to kep that energy in the cylinder.

uh-oh, bet you lost him again...
Old 06-12-2008, 01:43 AM
beer=food
Banned

Yall nasty buggers at times, settle down ay, its just a bit silly now, fact is theory wise, theres enough evidence to say bluntly they work, theories require evidence not conclusive proof, they work on that basis, yall just keep carryin on , when l have it and test it with multi fans blades, lm guessing lm about a month away from recieving it, all the nasty buggers who have the gall to post shnide comments whom also have never used one and or never intend too, may never post in this thread again, either way lm just a hobby enthusiest whom, spends money on these things, like all you guys, and at the end of the day, buurp, what have you to loose from another person getting one and testing it, with different fans, better yet what have you to gain from gronky nasty comments ? Anyone of you rude buggers want to answer that ?

l am not unwilling to take anyones advice systemlord, are you ? Have you ever just wanted to try it yourself , and lets face it other people NEVER lie to suite there own agenda, do they now...?

l try to have a laugh with you iamnot, without being nasty, iamnot a nasty person, are you ?

Lets see that video of the squirrels on each side ay, hahaha, thats a good one, what a laugh that'd be !
Old 06-12-2008, 03:02 AM
systemlord

Boy some people are just so darn THICK that you couldn't convince them the sky was blue! I have a $5000 dollar SuperMaxx truck, sure I could easily buy an RB supercharger like it was pocket change. I have seen them in action many times in person and everytime the person (highly skilled and motivated) just pulls it of and sells it, why do you think that is? Huh? I could tell you why but that would be a complete waist of my time!! So go ahead and get one and be happy with it, talking to brickwalls is not productive its counter-productive.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:05 AM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: iamnot

uh-oh, bet you lost him again...
You lost him a long time ago, in a galaxy, far, far away![sm=lol.gif]
Old 06-12-2008, 07:04 AM
iamnot

ORIGINAL: beer=food

l try to have a laugh with you iamnot, without being nasty, iamnot a nasty person, are you ?
am i nasty?
i don't think so, though others may disagree
i do have opinions and a very dry sense of humor and i don't mind expressing either
and some people really hate if your opinion does not agree with theirs
so i get called names a lot
oh well, i have a thick skin too

and for the record
my "lost him" comment was not directed at you beer
Old 06-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Anomie

Let's all cool the jets in here, and keep it somewhere in the neighborhood of the freakin' topic, shall we?

Jeez you guys sure go around the world with these things [&:]
Old 06-12-2008, 09:13 AM
racemaxx24

Gee bicker and fight, bicker and fight like little girls[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=idea.gif]
Old 06-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: racemaxx24

Gee bicker and fight, bicker and fight like little girls[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=idea.gif]
Take it easy on the 'little girl' remarks. Remember, we may not all be males in here [X(]
Old 06-12-2008, 09:29 AM
racemaxx24

I was being sarcastic but oops[&:]
Old 06-12-2008, 12:04 PM
iamnot

i was just answering a question

and how can a supercharger thread not get off topic
these things have been beaten to death

i may have to get me one of those dead horse avatars too
Old 06-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Anomie

<~~~~ Chick

I know the blower discussion has gone all the way to the moon and back, but I just meant to keep everyone from flaming the thread into oblivion.

There is always more input to be had, so I can hope...
Old 06-12-2008, 02:56 PM
beer=food
Banned

Ordered a ram feed air filter too LOL ! Damn thing is huge, wont fit under any body ! Its only money and you only live once, and its all for fun ! Yall need to drunk more ! Seeems to be alota stressed out people in here , why is everyone so negatory , when there opinion is not ignored , just because some-one says its crap doesnt mean l have to be sheep, baa baaa, and follow like , erm, most of you would by the sounds of it LOL ! We all have the right to an opinion and we all have the right to change our views in an opinion. If you never try anything, what does your opinion really count for ? ..... An opinion based on others opinions, he said she said ? Look back at this thread, theres alot of you.
l looked at the hyper's turbo system that runs of the bottom end at the rear of the engine, my opinion on that design is its not likely to work , being blunt though, l have not tryed one.
The supercharger however, is designed different to the RC turbo versions, and the supercharger does look and sound far better, and most likely funtions alot better as well, l dunno how many times it has to be said that gains will vary from set up to set up, theres going to be people out there who have used one and had no luck with it, there will be people that are lacking in experience, there will be poor tuners, with all them variables, how can you know for sure its the supercharger thats no good, under testing, agreed controlled testing, the gains are very impressive, controlled is, atmosphere temperature and tuned perfect in a room by the company, right there should be the end of the ""do they work'' discussion.
The 3.3 TRX has 2 HP according to some ''experts'', yet when independently tested it was closer to .96 of a horse. Does that mean the TRX doesnt work ?

You guys can YELL at me all you like , lm still going to try it anyways, and maybe it wont work for me, and will embarrass me, well, more than me drunken spellin anyways , LOL , but lm a big enough gOaT , LOL, to be able to post in here and still say so, knowing all you snickers will jump at the ''l told you so '' line, wont bother me whom will just have another beer !
Beer anyone, wait its to early ! Like 6 amish ! Is it 5pm in the UK right now ? LOL !!! Its beeroclock somewhere !
Old 06-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Soothsayerman

Sooooo.... if you're going to try that are you going to try squirrels too?

You need to do a direct comparison.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:05 PM
beer=food
Banned

LOL send the squirrels ! hahaha, that would be a funny one, one damn squirrel would go one way, [ ntro engine noise ] and the other in the other direction, hahaha, whoever came up with that idea has never done a practical science experiment in his life ! Sounds like one of these f8888888ers, that scams the govenment for grants to study LOL !!!
Hell lets find out what a bilby can do while were at it ! hahaha funny stuff !
Energy wise, lets turn the table on rediculasnesssssssss, if l drop the nitro car from 30,000 feet, it will contain more energy than a squirrel at the same height being dropped, hahahahah LOL ! Go the squirrel ! NOT ! hahaha
Old 06-12-2008, 05:40 PM
iamnot

but with squirrels, to get the most power
you have to feed them special nuts
from a tree that only grows in a remote
section of the himalaya's that's controled
by descendants of the great kahn
they're very expensive nuts and hard to find
but it won't be a fair comparison if the squirrels
don't have them...
Old 06-13-2008, 01:42 AM
beer=food
Banned

Maybe slap the ram feed onto the squirrels gob, and sticky tape it to the side so it cant escape ! hahaha !
A rabbit would be better, or maybe forest gump, run forest run !
Anyways the sky is not blue ! LOL !
Old 06-13-2008, 07:42 AM
racemaxx24

ORIGINAL: iamnot

but with squirrels, to get the most power
you have to feed them special nuts
from a tree that only grows in a remote
section of the himalaya's that's controled
by descendants of the great kahn
they're very expensive nuts and hard to find
but it won't be a fair comparison if the squirrels
don't have them...
Well then forget the squirrels and get porcupians. At east they have there own self defence and i'm sure they wouldn't mind a cold beer every once in awhile
Old 06-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

beer, they don't work. It's been done to death. And so has this thread.

When we move from superchargers on nitro engines to squirrels on special nuts, my highly specialised and refined moderator instinct tells me that it's time to put a thread to bed.

Locked.