Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

*Flight of the Phoenix*

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

*Flight of the Phoenix*

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Robby
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: *Flight of the Phoenix*

In a little while I'll look to see if my card for the Procrastinate Club
has expired yet....

BTW,, Unkle Billy.... Hows that SD 2/60 commin' along... <hehehhee>

Yupp.. Ed... The ole green plane finally went airborn...

'Course,, has been to four states and many months to get there.. *sigh*
Old 11-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Mutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think you need to put floats on it now rooooby
Old 12-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Mutt

Hey roooby whats the deal on this one now yo flying it what lol
Old 12-09-2006, 10:50 PM
pilot727

Robby
I have to say that you done one heck of a really nice job and shows your workmenship is something to be desired, you really done a great job, i too love to fly twins but i have found that the landing gear always wear a groove in the block of wood they go into, i just finished building the phoenix and i always on all of my low wings use a little epoxy in the bolck of wood and along the bottom part of the wing where the landing gear go and never have i had one come loose yet, the first time i used a little to much and it made a bump on the topside of the wing a learning experience i guess but specially flying on the grass it takes only a short time to wear a grove in the wood holding the landing grar, i admire your wook greatly, on the nose of the phoenix you cannot glue the nose on i order to get at the nose wheel, i see what you have done with yours, i was thinking about running a threaded rod in the front through the nose and use an acorn nut or something that would look nice, can you get at your front wheel eaisly the way you done it, i will use any information i can get and do you think it is a good idea the way i was thinking about doing it, i was thinking of going through the sides with a rod and something on each end but i thought through the nose would hold it in much better then through the sides, i am using two ys-110 on mine for power and one more thing after using a hyde soft mount none of my planes go without the hyde soft mount after seeing what it does for every part of the plane it is just amazing the wear it saves and what vibration there is hardly any at all, i also have one on my ys-160 on a cap 232 and the guys at the field all had to feel the plane while running and could not believe that it done such a job, the job that merle hyde built it to do, im not talking about an imatation either they do not work the same, people spend so much money on there planes and there so concerned about the weight but it is so hard to believe that so many are not concerned about the vibration that the hyde mount takes away from the airframe and everything that is in the plane, after buying one of the hyde soft mounts none of my planes are run without one, i could not afford to by both so i bought one then the other, just a thought but your work is so nice and i really enjoyed your building experiences.