Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Exceed RC Eagle 50

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 04:45 PM
cdheli13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed RC Eagle 50

I have an Exceed RC Eagle 50 and I have some fights on it,

It hovers well and the little bit of forward flight I have tried went well,

so far I would say that is better than my Blade cp,

lets start a forum on this neat little heli,

does anyone have any good advise? any good upgrades?

its the same as the Walkera 22e so good info about that is also good for me
Old 12-10-2006, 12:45 PM
cdheli13

Default RE: Exceed RC Eagle 50

I came up with a simple upgrade that will fix a common problem with these helecopters,

the tail motor gets hot and burns out and none really makes a heatsink that fits,

i made a tail heat sink by cuting a gws heat sink, it could be cut another way but i made it work this way,

It is held in place with hot glue,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23118.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	574673  
Old 12-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Ah Clem

Good Morning,

I have one also. I agree with the requirment for a heat sink on the tail motor (also on the main motor). I have found that the heat sinks for the Blade CP/Esky models fit well and without modification.

The Eagle flies well and does, in my opinion, fly better than the Blade CP (I have not flown the Blade CP with the Bell-Hiller upgrade yet.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:53 PM
FantzyPantz

I also have the Eagle 50. Replacement parts have been steadily arriving at the door step from RC&me.com It seems I need to replace blades, and the tail rotor mount after just about every flight. Ok I'm still learning, but getting better. All Walkera 22e, and Blade CP, as well as Night Ranger 3D replacement parts will work on this heli since they are basically identical.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:56 PM
cyclicoverload

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a fast note-when installing the heat sink put some transistor heat sink compound on the motor first, the heat sink will draw much more heat away and the motor will last longer.(you can get it a radio shack or any electric supply store for two bucks)
Old 12-23-2006, 01:27 PM
cdheli13

The Blade cp flies alot better with the bell hiller upgrade,

its worth every penny,

the blade/honey bee cp heatsink would have worked on the eagle 50,

but I did not want to take the pinion off of the tail motor,

the biggest problem I am having with the eagle 50 is the location of the idle up switch,

i have problems finding it,
Old 12-25-2006, 11:32 PM
rickellan

Hi guys, Im having trouble finding the flight sim software to download to my computer so I can get some preflight practice.Kinda new at this so any help is appreciated.This is for the Eagle 50 by ExceedRC.Thanks....Rick.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:30 PM
jfgatza

I only need help. I just got this heli for christmas, and ordered new parts on december 26th. I must say xheli.com has been no help, as my lady ordered on dec. 4th and the didn't ship, even tho it was in stock, 'til the 20th, making my gift delivery on the 26th. they have their own set of training wheels, which, after an hour and a half of my feeble attempts to lift off (adjusting as i went) came apart about a minit after i was hovering for the first time..sending their ping pong ball off my driveway and into my main rotor. After that was just a high speed come apart, followed by my happily ordering new parts, as i fully expected to have a bit of a learning curve here. It's now 2 days after I paid for next day shipping, and i still don't even have a tracking number. does anyone have a good parts dealer for me?
Old 12-28-2006, 10:04 PM
munimadness

try finding parts at tower hobbies, however you have to look under the night-ranger 3d, the parts are Identical and for the most part are slightly cheaper. I also have an eagle 50 I have found it easy to fly even for me as a beg=iner. The best thing to do with this helicopter at first is the switch the PIT dip on the back of the transmitter to off, also it helps if you flip the ccpm/norm DIP to the off position, I have found that the helicopter is more predictable when it comes to hovering.

Question- Has anyone noticed that the helicopters battery doesn't last for more than three or four minutes if in a hover, I don't want to jump to conclusions however I believe my battery may be loosing its capacity to hold a charge. Would a Smaller lighter battery give a longer flight time if it sacrificed a couple of milliamps?
Old 12-28-2006, 10:15 PM
jfgatza

actually one this beginner might be able to answer...i have 2 lithium polymer batteries...as an electrician, i can tell you they have around 60% more time to output capacity than anything else i am aware of in this configuration.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:17 PM
jfgatza

ooohh..forgot to mention...these batteries have a charge memory..if you only discharge (or charge) half way a few times, they think they are dead (or full) at half charge. discharge all the way every time, and wiat for a full charge every time
Old 12-28-2006, 10:20 PM
schrome

Looking for eagle 50 flight simulator software. Need to learn on computer because the parts are kill'n me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ahead
Old 12-28-2006, 10:29 PM
munimadness

I would suggest fms, flying model simulator, however there is many problems trying to link the simulator, I searched all over, however to save yourself a lot of frustration you should just go to the fms website and buy there controller for the PC, however if you have a working controller then just use fms it is free to download, the threedee helicopter is similar to the Eagle 50 in how it responds, if you can find a download for a helicopter that is very agile it will make learning a lot easier.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:39 PM
munimadness

I was wondering if it would be a good Idea to add additional weight to the ends of the flybar, near the paddles, to make the helicopter easier to control?
Old 12-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Frymire

Hi all!

After ordering a Walkera 22e from Xheli.com I was suprised to find the Exceed RC Eagle 50 arrive at my doorstep instead. At first annoyed, I soon realized that I actually like the look of the Eagle 50 more and the birds hardware wise are identical.

I have a past in fixed wing flight, but this is my first step into the world of RC Heli's, so every step of the self-learning process has been interesting to say the least!

Before deciding on the 22e/Eagle 50, I read through these forums looking for the best starter heli with a low price point and smaller size. After reading people's reviews of the 22e, I figured it had alot of potential though might prove a bit hot for a beginner.

Over the last week or so, I've come to realize that my Eagle 50 was truly not ready to fly out of the box. After reading through the forums for newbie tweaking advice, I've had to majorly adjust my swash-plate to be leve as well as adjust one of my paddles which had alot of positive angle to it. These have made a HUGE difference in the stability and crazy drifting I first encountered when flying my Eagle 50 as well as curing the annoying drift which I thought was just a characteristic of RC heli's.

I'm very happy to say that I've encountered no tx/rx issues thus far and have been very happy with the responsiveness of the gyro.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:22 PM
munimadness

I have found that if you get the helicopter to run off of a lithium battery, it suddenly becomes more stable, the stock battery does not provide enough power to get it off the ground and sustain a good hover, I have tried for weeks to tune the helicopter correctly but even then it didn't have enough power to get off the ground, I was rather upset that the main motor had died on me after about five or six flights, along with the tail motor that died after 3 flights. With the lithium batteries I am sure the engines will burn out faster but it is a price I am willing to pay for more performance.

The way I connected the lithium battery was, I found a spare speed controler I had, I hooked the servo connection wire into the number ten spot on the receiver, then I took the output of the speed controller(goes to the electric engine), and tied it to were the main power where the normal battery would be connected to the helicopter. Amazingly it works just fine. By adding a 3 cell 11 volt 1350 mah battery I have increased the flying time to about 15 minutes, versus the five I was getting out of the standard battery.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Hatchithecat

Hi there:

I just got a CNC V2 head off ebay for my Eagle 50 ( same as the walkera 22e). I need to knwo how to set up the servos to the swash plate balls. Does anybody know how to do this?, I mean I need the exact distance of the linkages, so I get the right up and down movement on the swash plate....

thanks!
Hatchi
Old 01-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Bregga

heres my story I got a eagle 50 for xmas. charged it up took it to a large empty room we have in the house started throttling it up slowley at just about max stick on throtle going one little click at a time it took off made a 90degree turn to the floor so it was sort of parralell and into wall. ordered parts because the parts that come with it didnt break. got the parts fixed it and everything looked fine tried again at full throtle would not leave the ground tried this a few times main motor burned out ordered a new one with heat sinks for both main and tail motors. got everything in will still not leave the ground and tail turns in a clockwise tried trim and limit adjusts finally today I have the tail rotor somewhat under contorl meaning ity doesnt look like a pin wheel it still turns clockwise but for me thats a big improvement still cannot get it off the ground again even adjusting pitch control doesnt help tried new blades tried them both ways to make sure i didnt have them on backwards does anyone out there have the time to write me a newbie adjustment proceedure in laymans terms lol. also a stupid question why do the give you the cable from the transmitter to the computer if there is no flight sim softwrae that works with it lol I've tried fms,real flight and a few others none work with radio if anyone found one that works please let me know. oh yeah even with the disappointing results i'm hooke have orderd 3 helis off ebay a walker 22e , a dragonfly and one of those mini ones any help on the eagle 50 would be appreciated and before you say go search I've been thats how i found this site and forum if anyone has good easy to understand links please pass them along.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:54 AM
jtspin

Bregga,

Download this:
http://www.venom-aircorps.com/pdfs/i...R3D_Manual.pdf

It's the same helicopter as yours and the Walkera 22E. Also see this post:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=4981587

I don't know why they supply that cable. I think it's left over from one of the Walkera 4-channel heli's. See this thread for how to make a cable that connects to your parallel port:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_36...tm.htm#3637917

You can also search the forum for how to make a cable that connects to your sound card. Search for FMS and SmartPropoPlus, or I think you can find everything you need here:
http://www.geocities.com/shaul_ei/SmartPropoPlus.html

-JT
Old 01-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Ah Clem

I took the Eagle 50 out for the first time in months today, strapped a 1350 mah, 3S lipo to it, and flew it around.

It still flies fine, it still needs a bit of nose weight.

Still not quite as responsive as the Venom Night Ranger 3D (flybar design appears to be a bit different).
Old 01-16-2007, 05:18 PM
cdheli13

al clem

do the flybar parts for the vnr 3d fit on the eagle 50?

do they look like they will?
Old 01-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Hatchithecat

Hi Again,

Cdheli 13 asked me about my V2 CNC head, I am going to post what I answered him just in case somebody has the same problems that I do. It might help to find a solution

"
I set up everyting (got the head from xmseller in ebay stores) and with problems, everyting is now in place or "semi-place", (I used the pushrods ( rom, servo arms to swash plate) from a Honey Bee that I got at a hobby store, but those are short, so my servo arms are not perpendicular to the ground, but in a higher position.... that is not "entirelly" good.. but I just going to hover in this thing and relativelly all servo arms are now at the same level.....), anyway after setting up the pitch of the blades and everyting else, I noticed that there is a serious problem, when I try to take off turning the throttle up, the pitch of the blades decreases instead of increasing, this can reversed with the DIP #3, I did this during set up, but then it must turned back to the previous position in order for throttleling up with the left stick going from bottom to the high position, but then......the throttle and pitch of the blades is reversed!!!, this happens to everybody with this new V2 heads for the walkera 22e I read on the Walkera 22e let's talk thread of the forums, (Eagle 50 is a copy of the W22e, I thought I could use it with no problems in my Eagle).
There must be a way to program the radio to reverse just the pitch....; I am trying to find out on the net, it has to do with the DIP controls in the back of the tx... so far I can not take off, I get no lift so I can not tell you anything, but the head it supposed to do wanders for stability and "unbreakability" (I flipped twice on mi trials and nothing happened to the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....)

It is frustrating, if I get the solution to the problem I will post it.

See you!

Hatchi
Old 01-19-2007, 10:03 PM
ninegeorge

hello, i just recieved my eagle 50 in the mail today, and i destroyed a set of main rotor blades. so i decide to go to radd's school of rotary flight online . Tomorro morning in going to attempt to hover. Wish me good luck
Old 01-20-2007, 05:25 AM
Bonjing

hi all. i need help pls. new to this rc heli and i have this eagle 50. i've replaced my main rotor blade and a connecting shaft bcoz it got bent after i crashed it now i have put all together and try to hover, it doesnt hover anymore somehow its pushing air upward instead of downwards no matter which way he blades go. can someone advice pls. thnx.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:40 AM
ninegeorge

Well, i crashed my eagle again. ( note to self) taking off on grass does not allow you to see if you have to much right aileron. I need help badly, more like a turtor, is there any one who can help me get off the ground. Ive taking radds rotary flight and i still cant hover. Help Please!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.