Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

WALKERA HM 5#10

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:38 PM
ks4ot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WALKERA HM 5#10

Hello all im new to the forum wanting to ask does anyone know if there is any faster motors you can put on the hm 5#10 to make it go faster ... any bigger upgrade motors with more power and if so is it alot of modification involved thanks
Old 04-08-2009, 05:26 PM
cflytrap

Default RE: WALKERA HM 5#10

I haven't found any motor mods myself, but one thing you can do to make the 5#10 perform better is turn up the the extent pot on the RX. This will increase the servo throw and make the heli roll harder and increase front and back speed. Keep in mind you will need to tune that pot very little to make the adjustment. Take not of its original setting before you mess with it ok? Do doublecheck that you aren't creating any binding between the swashplate and the main shaft. Also make sure that your blades don't strike any part of the heli, like the upper set of blades.

My 5#10 can climbout pretty good for what it is with its stock motors. And climbout isn't too important when you're indoors. Adjusting the extent pot did make my heli faster in forward flight. I hope this helps.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:55 AM
ks4ot

Default RE: WALKERA HM 5#10

Thanks for the info ill try that love the heli flys great and is very stable ... thanks again