Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

#36 - Links jam against swash plate

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

#36 - Links jam against swash plate

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 09:40 AM
drsquirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default #36 - Links jam against swash plate

I've just replaced my main shaft, head and swash plate. I had a full replacement, but left the other parts on.

When putting it back together, if the swash plate is fully forward/back or left/right, the rotor will turn okay. But if you go a mix of full forward/full left the plastic link (on the metal head) that is connected to the metal bit on the pitch collar catches on the swash plate. For each "corner", it will catch somewhere.

I thought I had the pitch collar the wrong way around, but it is correct (checked with an old pic of mine and online). I made sure that the swash plate is exactly level with the servo horns all at 90deg.

The red circle is the point where it is touching, as it is a bit hard to see what is wrong without.