Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Walkera 36 Brushless motor upgrade

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 36 Brushless motor upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Jack10525

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 36 Brushless motor upgrade

I have a walkera 36 with a bad motor. Well at least I think that's what's wrong with it. I bought a replacement motor on ebay for 12 bucks. Had to solder on some resistors. I used the old motor as a model and just put everything on the same way. Well I plugged the motor in for a test spin up and it started smoking like crazy. Good bye new motor. So now I am thinking of trying to upgrade to a brushless set up. Can somebody tell me exactly what I need to convert this heli? Thanks.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Rattlecat

Default RE: Walkera 36 Brushless motor upgrade

A Scorpion HK2208-28 , 12t pinion, and Align BL-35G ESC is going to be a cool running, powerful, reliable system. I have two setups. One on a W36 and one on an MX400 CCPM.
A throttle curve of about 0,70, 85 in normal and 85, 70, 85 is what I use in idle up (stunt mode). ) Pitch curve 40,50,100 normal, 0,50,100 idle up. Pitch travel +-11 or +- 12 degrees with 0* pitch center stick.
That will be tame in the mid range and take off like crazy above 3/4 collective.
Innov8tive Technologies sells the motor. They sell Scorpion esc's but they are sort of high priced. Be sure your screws don't hit the motor windings when installing. That will cook it for sure.

CH
Old 04-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Jack10525

Ok I got a motor and ecs combo (but not the one you suggested. It was a little high for my budget). Anyway how do I connect everything? Is there a guide online somewhere? Thanks.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Jack10525

Can anybody tell me how to connect this. I bought a combo brushless motor and ecs. Got it wired up but I had to disconnect the pitch servo to connect the brushless motor. What do I need to do here? Thanks.