Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > War Room
Reload this Page >

bought used 1/6 M5 Stuart Tank(up-dated)2-Used-1-New Plus 1/6 humvee

Community
Search
Notices
War Room Discuss historical, battles, battle grounds, events, combat strategies and more right here!

bought used 1/6 M5 Stuart Tank(up-dated)2-Used-1-New Plus 1/6 humvee

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 05:26 AM
RickBRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just bought used 1/6 M5 Stuart Tank-

ORIGINAL: RickBRC

Yes...I knew it was a good deal when I was handing him the $20.

Do you guys grease the suspension?

I almost did that this morning but thought about how the grease will attract dirt. Running it dry, plastic against plastic doesn't seem like a good idea either.

Also, has anyone changed the antenna? I can't let the tank get very far away or it looses signal. I was thinking about running the antenna up a tube on the outside. Does that make a difference?

Bump...in hope of a reply or two to my post above. Thanks
Old 07-31-2008, 08:24 AM
kennywsp
My Feedback: (3)

I used to own one of the ones BIGMIG has now and I had great range on it with the standard antenna layout in it .So it may be something with yours. One thing i noticed when it got out of range I kind of aimed the antenna at the tank and it would usually pick the signal back up enough to turn it around back in range again. There is a yahoo group called "M5Stuartrctankbattalion" they deal with just this tank and have lots of info.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:28 PM
pzrwest

I just purchased my first 1/6th scale vehicle today. I bought one of the dragon 1/6th kubelwagens. It is a non-rc kit so now I have to decide whether to make it stock or rc. I've been looking at the different ypes of ESC's for cars/trucks and man am I confused. They talk about brush motor and brushless motor types, then "turns" what ever that is. I might go back to old school reostat type of speed contoler. Or maybe just build it as a static one
Old 08-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

"Turns" are how many winding (of wire) the armature has. Those are brushed motors but I would stay away from the old type of speed controller. Being in a enclosed area and all that plastic is not a good idea.

HTH
Old 08-02-2008, 02:16 AM
wackywheelz

I've recently nabbed a Schwimmwagen and Pak 40, the latest additions to my 1/6 collection (Kettenkrad w/Sd Anh 1 trailer, and numerous figures)

Planning full-RC + water capabilities
Old 08-02-2008, 09:24 AM
kennywsp
My Feedback: (3)

I found the 21st century toys Schwimmwagen at garage sale in the free bin but it was just the hull and tires keep meaning to throw it away as I will never do anything with it, but it is hard to toss something that"someday" it may come in handy
Old 08-07-2008, 10:10 AM
EnglishRocketman

Hi Guys

Just looking for a forum that had some interest in 1/16th and came across this. On a 1/6 note beware these beasties they can become addictive! Heres my heavily modifies D-Day Stuart. I tore all teh stock electrics out and simply rigged an Acoms 2 channel controller running to Two Tamiya TBEu1K digital ESC and two 7.2 v batteries, it ain the fastest but it is relaible and proportional......

or you get bored over xmas and decide to build a Calliope in 1/6!!! Ill post som epics when its done

Soon to be ready to join the rest of teh invasion force

Anyway lots more piccies on my site www.crispyandtherocketman.com

If you want lots of great upgrade parts try www.armorpax.com. Really good bits for the Stuart.

Let me know if I can be of any help
Old 08-07-2008, 12:56 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really nice work!

Did you remove that slanted armor plate that held the .30 cal mount or is that a different turret? I like it that way better, looks just like the one that used to be parked a couple miles away from me.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:30 PM
pzrwest

Well I have the Kübelwagen together and the base paint on it now to finish the detailing and weathering here are a few pics of the progress so far. I also lowered the windshield down to eliminate the large gap between the body and the windshield. I laid 3 mg34's on the back deck just for looks right now, and rolled up the canvas top. This is a work in progress and my first 1/6th kit. For now it just a static Kubel

Old 08-08-2008, 06:01 AM
EnglishRocketman

ORIGINAL: swathdiver

Really nice work!

Did you remove that slanted armor plate that held the .30 cal mount or is that a different turret? I like it that way better, looks just like the one that used to be parked a couple miles away from me.

Nope thats a standard turret with the armour cut off and then backfilled with plasticard and again skinned over with plasticard skin sheet to finish.

Quite easy to do.

K

Old 08-09-2008, 12:10 AM
DAP

Some very nice 1/6th. You guys need to post these in a fresh thread.

Anyone interested in the American M5 halftrack by Randy Killen should keep an eye on our website next week. There will be fresh pics of a detailed M5 on there.
Members of SWAG are also working on a couple of 1/6 American vehicles that will be produced here in the States. Some cool stuff comming.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:23 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: pzrwest

I just purchased my first 1/6th scale vehicle today. I bought one of the dragon 1/6th kubelwagens. It is a non-rc kit so now I have to decide whether to make it stock or rc. I've been looking at the different ypes of ESC's for cars/trucks and man am I confused. They talk about brush motor and brushless motor types, then "turns" what ever that is. I might go back to old school reostat type of speed contoler. Or maybe just build it as a static one
Hello pzrwest,
Harold I hope you post your 1/6 stuart on here also,there is a lot of info on this thread for those who may be looking to get into the bigger scale tanks.I have been kind of ammazed that the hits on this thread continue to grow and I think there are others who are interested in this scale that may not even be posting in this tank forum yet,but may well be in the future.
BIGMIG
Old 10-04-2008, 06:17 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

have built 3 Kubels all RC just took a lot of time to build
Old 10-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Jefferson1964

Very Very Nice Work on the Tanks, Jeep and Kubelwagon....I also own all three when they were in clearance at walmart a couple years ago...One Tank, Two Jeeps and Two Kubels...Ive kept one each of the jeep,kubel in original packaging...I should have purchased several more tanks when they were dumping them for $50...oh well....at least there are people out there that have taken care of them and improved upon the design...just wished we all lived close by to have a "battle" LOL....take care....
Old 10-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Jefferson1964

Hey Check out this website its great for the R/C Tank enthusiast...

http://www.rctanks.ru/
Old 12-09-2008, 01:01 AM
badboy-ya
My Feedback: (81)

hi dap who makes the tiger in your pic the big one an is rc armory king tigers any good an is he still makeing them an how much for the one you have thanks bill[8D]
Old 12-15-2008, 01:57 AM
19th Alta Dragoon

Default RE: bought used 1/6 M5 Stuart Tank(up-dated)2-Used-1-New Plus 1/6 humvee

I also just purchased a M5 Stuart on e-bay. Today Dec 15/08 Mine is new old stock . If you go to Google's search engine and type in " M5-1/6 scale Stuart Tank ". a whole pile of good stuff comes up on repairing , modifying and also putting in a IR Battles system if you want.
I also have eight R/C 1/16 scale . a Pershing, Bulldog, Tiger 1, King Tiger, StuG 11 , Panther 2 , Panser F2 and a Russiam T34/85 . The T34 and the StuG are Battle IR, but with 14 inches of snow here in B.C. Canada , I guess that will end that.

This is mt first post on the site and look forawrd to talking to you all.
Thanks
Bob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40781.jpg
Views:	2246
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1089876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy77987.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1089877  
Old 12-15-2008, 09:35 AM
DAP

deleated
Old 12-15-2008, 09:22 PM
pzrwest

Now you need some 1/6th scale figures for the stuart. Do you plan to leave it stock or modify it and add aftermarket custom parts?
Old 12-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Jefferson1964

Dragoon, sound like a very nice collection you have. You could have a WWII Eastern Front Battle with all that snow. I too have the M5 Stuart, but I need a new battery other than that its in great shape and will pick up a battery in this spring. As to 1/6 scale I have 2 Jeeps and 2 Kubles along with 6 - 1/6 Scale Figures, five german two american and 5 1/28th static tanks, 1 Sherman, King Tiger, 2 Tigers, Wildcat. If any of you like computer games and have not already tried Company of Heroes they have some really nice tanks to command in that game. Also, in March they are releasing Company of Heroes Tails of Valor where a player will be able to control all aspects of a Tiger Tank in battle, this looks like alot of fun and should be a real blast to us tank enthusiast. Here is a link to Wikipedia on the subject

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Company_of_Heroes
Old 12-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Jefferson1964

Englishrocketman, those are some fine looking vehicles you have their, very nice mods.....
Old 12-21-2008, 03:46 AM
19th Alta Dragoon

Hi guys, sorry for the delay in getting back to you My M5 is in Canadain Customs as we speak, so I'l really looking forward to her arrival. And yes I plan on up grading the m5, with add on's and cutting the gross fenders off. Have many pics to refer too. Will be re painting this jewell as I want to have her land on the Normandy beach with the British & Canadain Divisions, that had these M5 . Sorry , but the stars will be coming off.
Need assistance on this. After reading about the Stu, I believe the Radio system must go, am I right , and if so any recomendations on what to put in. I have thought about a Heng Long system, just don't think the motor sound will work.
Any inpt, plaes and Thanks
Old 12-21-2008, 09:11 AM
pzrwest

Dragoon I don't know if you have a Canadian Tire Store there in BC but Krylon brand olive drab camo paint is the perfect color for the Stuarts. Also it doesn't attack the plastic of the tank. One can is lots to do a 1/6th Stuart
Old 12-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Jefferson1964

Great, Im looking forward to what your M5 will look like with the new paint scheme, keep us informed.....

Jeff
Old 12-21-2008, 01:51 PM
19th Alta Dragoon

Yes there is a Canadian Tire Store in Trail B.C, about 11 k's from were I live . Thanks for the tip on the paint,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.