Community
Search
Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

Quick bind issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Steve Kent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick bind issues

I am having issues when switching between receivers using quick bind. I am following the instructions that came with my 1st Weatronic system about 18 months ago.

Switch on RX, switch on TX & press button 2 as soon as the yellow test light goes out.

I am still on firmware 2.30 if there are any issues known with this.

Otherwise the system has been faultless but I've been bound to the same RX for all of last year so only just found this issue.

I do eventually get the system to switch over but this has sometimes taken as many as 30 attempts which doesn't fill me with confidence.

I have just downloaded firmware v2.56 to see if that makes any difference.

Anyone had similar issues?

Thanks

Steve
Old 01-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Steve Kent

Default RE: Quick bind issues

Well as expected this was just user error. I was simply holding the TX button too long & waiting for control to be established which of course doesn't happen until after the button is released. If it's held too long however the quick bind fails completely & that's what I was doing.

Can anyone tell me what has changed from firmware 2.3 to 2.56 please? There is no obvious reason to upgrade to me.

Steve
Old 01-20-2012, 04:19 AM
proline8000
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it corrected the problem with connecting between the Gig and reciever
Old 04-15-2012, 08:28 AM
Norman C

I have just upgraded my Tx module to v2.56 but it was only so I could use my micro, smart and clever Rxs, all of which are now to v2.58.

I have not yet upgraded my GigaControl from v2.30 as I don't use the vario or GPS loggers and am not sure my saved model files will copy to the new version of GigaControl. Anyone tried this?

Regards
Norman Carter
Old 04-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Pelle Gris

As far as I know the old saved files WILL NOT load in the updated Gigacontrol. Too many changes in the software I guess.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Norman C

Tinus

Thank you, just as well I did not load the new s/w as it would have overwritten v2.30.

I do like the Weatronic system but there is a lack of english language information so you have to try it and sometimes get it wrong!

Regards

Norman Carter
Old 04-15-2012, 12:41 PM
tms-ger

Hi Norman,

one way to save the given cobfiguration is as follows:

-First install the new GC 2.59 but give a diffrent install directory while setup. This will leave the previous version of GC on your system; and still runable

-next, start GC 2.59 and the corresponding RX(s) and save the config to file

-next, do the FW-Updates to the RX(s) and afterwards bind them to the TX module. do it _without_ turning your transmitter ON, use the USB power instead.

-next, load and restore the previously saved confi file(s) to the RX(s)

After that, select the corresonding model memory and switch on the respective model. This works best.

If you load an old config with GC 2.59, it may happen (even wirh rel 2.56 files) that you get an error message. If so, the config can not be converted by GC to the actual level. Then you have to create the config again. If it loads without errors, you can restore that config to the RX(s)

This procedure was explained by Alwin in the german forum. Hope that helps

best wishes

Thomas