Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > WildHare R/C Support
Reload this Page >

Wildhare Ultimate Build Thread - Finished & Flown

Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Wildhare Ultimate Build Thread - Finished & Flown

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 06:12 PM
blue77
My Feedback: (178)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wildhare Ultimate Build Thread

I am not an expert, but I have built a few planes, and I must say that this plane (I'm reoutfitting a used airframe) is a hunk. I'm sure some of the newer models have improvements...ie...more airfoiled surfaces, a hatch on top of the fuse...etc. Anyway, changing what I had stated in the previous post, I used Y connectors to connect each side of the wing servos, then hooked up one side to the aileron channel, other to the flap channel....works great and allows for lots of adjustments.......now I have to figure out how to set this plane up for very stable flight, not into 3D at all.....any ideas or suggestions appreciated....Thanks WC
Old 06-18-2009, 07:48 PM
RCNUTKNOY
My Feedback: (2)

WC.

Make the cg fall on the ink marks on the blue tape I left on the top wing for you. The cg location is also written in the owners manual that came with the plane. You may need to use the hatch at the rear bottom of the plane for the batteries, I did with the DL50 in the plane and a 1300mah nicad on the motor box.

Balance the plane inverted..it is actually easier than upright.

Any more questions, I will be happy to help you.

John
Old 02-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Cryhavoc
My Feedback: (46)

Is anyone still flying these? I had one that had been in a box for a couple of years whilst I got caught up on business and just finished building it. Slung a DA50 on the front, all Hitec servos and carbon main gear. Can't find the canopy so I'll just go without one. Got it balanced yesterday and will maiden it the first time the weather permits. Anyone know why they were discontinued? Seems like it will be a fun little plane to fly.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:05 PM
mga

My Wild Hare Edge 540T is now 6 years old and over 3000 flights with a FPE 52cc and it is just an unbelievable plane.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:53 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

He had 50 made, my friend and I got 49 & 50. Tom at WH said Bipes are a on and off thing with guys, they're kind of out of fashion now. I love the way mine flies, my friend flew his twice and wants to sell his, he's a pattern flier, I just throw the plane around. My canopy got a crack in it so I asked if Tom had one, he does for $45, I used an Extra's canopy I had laying around, a little heat and it fit just fine.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:32 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sold a lot more than 50, that was the third batch.

I do still have some canopies for the Ultimate.

TF
Old 02-14-2011, 08:47 PM
extra-nut

Hey Tom, mine is solid white on the bottom of the wings and stabs.
Is this from the first run? Any wheel pants?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:52 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may have some wheel pants. To the best of my recollection we never had a plane that was solid white on the bottom, maybe somebody re-covered it.

TF
Old 03-10-2011, 11:54 PM
ComeAWN
My Feedback: (3)

Ive had one in a box for the last 4 years and just now getting to it. man oh man, It's testing me. Im putting a DLE 55 in it.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:57 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

What's so testing, mine went together without a hitch?
Old 03-11-2011, 02:31 PM
ComeAWN
My Feedback: (3)

Vert stab had big gaps that I had to fill with balsa and gorilla glue to fill. I had to use covering to cover the gap because it looked so bad.

The vert stab had to be cut and adjusted to I can get a decent hinge line for the rudder,

The elevators had to be cut since they did not fit on the H stab in the fuse.

The H stab is not cut/built right, so it was hard to get it to look and be straight in the fuse.

The lower wing fits loose in the fuse and gaps everywhere, and the gaps are not even straight.

To get the wing straight on the fuse I had to modify to mounting holes and blind nuts.

that's where I'm at, basically every step Ive come across Ive had to take a step back and take hours to figure out the best way to fix it.

I've built two hanger 9 airplanes and three aeroworks airplanes, this one is definitely the most challenging.