Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Shipping costs for 50cc planes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 11:21 PM
SitNFly
My Feedback: (54)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shipping costs for 50cc planes?

Was wondering what the shipping options are? I'm in 87402. Would shipping to a business address be cheaper? Greyhound Freight an option? Also, I can pick it up via Forward Air in Albuquerque (87101) if that's considerably cheaper. I'm interested in the 87" Extra 260. Thanks for any replies.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:00 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Shipping costs for 50cc planes?

Most people just email and ask for a quote, but since you asked,

we uauslly ship by UPS, cost varies from $50 inside Texas to about $90 in a far away and out of the way place. Most of the time the shipping costs $70-$75.

Shipping to a business saves a little, like $3. We can ship by Greyhound if that's convenient, it usually doesn't save any money but it's fast and they never damage the planes (so far).

If you have another favorite carrier we can ship any way you like.

TF
Old 02-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After the fiasco we had with Greyhound and the Sukhoi I don't think I would ever consider them again.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:02 AM
SitNFly
My Feedback: (54)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Tom,
I did email a couple times (to [email protected]) but maybe I'm ending up in your spam filter. Thanks for the quick reply here though; this is the info I needed. Greyhound has worked well for me in the past, I guess maybe not for everyone judging by the previous note.

Mitch Rein
Old 02-04-2009, 12:14 PM
rctom

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

After the fiasco we had with Greyhound and the Sukhoi I don't think I would ever consider them again.
Pat had some very bad luck, and I had one other problem with an item in California. Pat's plane was completely lost and never did turn up, Greyhound paid for it and we sent Pat a new one. The other problem was a lost set of wings which actually came back to me, undamaged, 6 months later.

Other than these two events Greyhound has been 100% and to date has never damaged a plane. A lost plane is much easier for us to deal with than a damaged one. The only other Greyhound idiosyncrosy is that occasionally the two parts of a shipment (wings and fuse) show up at different times.

They are much better than Forward Air which just flat refused to pay damage claims and often demanded that customers sign a release before being allowed to inspect the goods.

TF
Old 02-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Ruski31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup that happened to me both items got shipped on Greyhound on the same day and arrived four days apart. Made life a bit nerve racking but all arrived in perfect condition.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Tom, this is good info about shipping. Expecially since the Greyhound Depot is across the street from my workplace! I have had (2) WildHare airplanes shipped by UPS and both had some damage. As is always the case, you replaced the damaged canopies without question but even one of the replacements was also damaged by the brown uniformed plane smashers. Maybe Greyhound would be worth a try!
Old 02-05-2009, 12:24 AM
flatspinjim
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was shipped by Greyhound, both boxes arrived the same day and in great shape
Old 02-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Forward Air tried that with me once and I told them the delivery was going to be refused unless it was inspected. They were still putting up a bit of arguement until I stood there and called my daughter and handed them the phone. She's a district attorney......

I used to drive a truck so I know the way a freight bill reads and how the customers retain a lot of control until they accept delivery with a signature. You just have to be ready to do a court thing to make the point stick. Those UPS drivers that drop boxes outside of gates and fences are leaving themselves wide open everytime they do so.

BTW, the way we did it the last time with FedEx worked out real good. The people that owned the little mail store were a bit perplexed by the size of the boxes but they handled things just fine.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:11 AM
rctom

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

Forward Air tried that with me once and I told them the delivery was going to be refused unless it was inspected. They were still putting up a bit of arguement until I stood there and called my daughter and handed them the phone. She's a district attorney......
But most people are more easily intimidated so we just stopped using FA. Greyhound is more trouble for us but at least we can be sure it gets to the bus station without being mis-handled.

TF