Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

Ys 110 Air chamber leaking?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 06:44 PM
beastman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ys 110 Air chamber leaking?!?!

i recently aquired a 2ndhand YS1.10FZ which had been sitting on someones shelf for sometime. i decidedto replace all of the gaskets and o rings (apart from thepushrod o rings) and the diaphram, which was easy enough apart from replacing the air chamber gasket. i cant seem to get a good seal - pushing against the o ring to the carb seems to tear the gasket and i get an airleak coming from around the bolts themselves of the air chamber. i have tried 3 times now and 3 gaskets later i still cant get a good seal... is there some sort of special technique to puting this on?

Matt
Old 11-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ys 110 Air chamber leaking?!?!

make sure the air box, and the carb don't have a burr or rough spot on them. Then if you can trouble a little bit of oil can help. If the air box has a really sharp edge on it you can carfully sand the corner edge off so its not sharp. Don't sand the barrel part fo the airbox that sticks down the O-ring still needs to seal...but the sharp adge can be smoothed off so it doesn't cut the o-ring.

Troy Newman
Team YS