YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

ys fz110 idle problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 05:34 PM
marzini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ys fz110 idle problems

HI TROY
I JUST RECIVED MY NEW YS FZ110 AND I START TO DO BREAK IN , I JUST MADE A GALLON OF 15% NITRO 18% OIL, APC 16X4W, OF TYPE F GLOW PLUG.
BUT I CAN GET THE ENGINE WORK CORRECTLY, I STYAR THE ENGINE LOW NEEDLE 3 TURNS, HIGH NEADLE 1 TURN , THE ENGINE START GO TO FULL TRHOTLE ADJUST THE MAX RPM AND WORK OK , THE GO DOWN AND THE LOW GOES OK FOR ABOUT 20 SECOND AND THEN START TO GO UP AND STOP, I OPEN THE NEEDLE AND I LEAVE OK THE RE ADJUST THE HI RPM , BUT AT 4000 RPM THE ENGINES GOES UP AND DOWN FROM 4800 TO 5300 , 5600, SO I CLOSE THE REGULATOR , AND STILL THE SAME ,
STOP THE ENGINE AND FROM THE CARB DROP SOME FUEL
PLEASE LET ME NOWK WATH IM DOUING WRONG AND HOW TO FIX
THANKS
MARCELO
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH
Old 11-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ys fz110 idle problems

If the engine is going up and down at 4000rpm it is too lean on the regulator.

If you closed the regulator this is the wrong direction. You made it leaner. Surging on the mid range, requires you to open the regulator further.

This is is the pressurized YS system. The regulator adjustment directions are not the same as the Dingo engines. The DZ enigne don't have a pressure regulator like the other engines.

Back to the engine in this cae. Open the regulator until the surging (up and down) at 4000rpm goes away.

Then re-set the High Speed mixture.

You will have better luck using the proper fuel. YS engines require 20% oil. Can less oil be used? That depends on the oil that is being used. To be sure and safe a 20% oil content is specified for the warranty on the engines. You will also have better luck with a higher nitro content.

Troy Newman
Team YS
Old 11-25-2007, 08:18 PM
marzini

troy THANKS FOR YOUR REPLAY
DO YOU THINK THATS IS BETTER TO SET FIRST THE REGULATOR AND THEN THE LOW AND HIGHT IDLES??
ALSO HOW MUCH I HAVE TO OPEN THE REGULATOR SCREW???
THE FUAL THAT IM USING IS 18 ALL SINTETICS

WATH I HAVE FOUND IS THAT I OPEN THE REGULATOR HALF A TURN , I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND ALSO THE ENGINE RUN VEREY RICH IN THE LOW IDLE

THANKS MARCELO
Old 11-26-2007, 02:14 AM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

opening the regultor will tend to richen the low end also. So yes. 1/2 turn is a fairly large adjustment. I would do less more like 1/4 turn.

As for the 18% oil It doesn't matter that the oil is all synthetic or not. In my opinion it should be all synthetic. It needs to be 20% oil content per the recommendations of YS.

This will affect your settings as well.

Go to this site for recomendations of tuning and setup. These instructions work for all YS engines except the DZ or Dingo engines.

http://www.probuild-uk.co.uk/factsheets/ys_engines.php

Troy Newman
Team YS
Old 08-14-2008, 06:22 AM
rurye
My Feedback: (16)

Troy you seem to be the YS man! I got a question for ya, I am here in Tiawan and i bought a F4U with a great running YS 110 fz, it really ran well right up till I had a little ground airplane separation problem. busted the valve cover and rocker arms, i regrouped did a rebuild of it, put new bearings , ordered all the affected parts, put it all back ( included a new F4u) but now the thing will just not run well. I was thinking that the cam timming may be out, but it will crank up but it won't idle, and i can only get about half RPMS that it should, and that doesn;t last long. but it usually restarts just acts like a timming problem. do you have any good tips (or maybe pictures) to help with this. I would ship it home for rebuild, but the postage and shipping is a killer from here. They make it all but you cannot hardly buy it here if ya don't speak chinese which i speak Texan so that don't work real well. any way thanks for any info !!