Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

FZ110 VS FZ110S

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 08:53 AM
tes21966

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FZ110 VS FZ110S

I have had a couple of the older YS110 engines with good success. I recently purchased the newer YS 110-S and have been told that these engines had a lot of issues which is why YS is introducing the new 115. Is there anyone who has experience with both 110 engines that can give some input? If the newer 110 is going to be a problem engine I do not want to risk a plane knowing this going into it.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FZ110 VS FZ110S

I have owned 110FZ's and 110S motors. I have had great results with the 110S and the FZ. Both motors have an excellent running record for me and I have had multiples of each. The one word of caution I would offer is DO NOT let the motor run lean. The S motor has a bushing than if the motor get's too hot can move causing problems with pressure getting to the regulator. Besides that the motor is fantastic. If you feed it the right fuel and adjust it correctly you shouldn't have any problems.

From what I have heard the change from the 110 to the 115 was not because of problems, but more so that YS could update their sales line up. I've followed YS for a while now and they are constantly making more powerfull engines and changing their line up.

Jimmy Skids