Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

50 NG problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 08:00 PM
greyhound man
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50 NG problem

I have a 50 NG that I pulled off one plane and finally mounted it on another after sitting for a few months. It ran fine before I removed it on the other plane but now will not feed fuel to the carb. I have checked the plumbing and that's all fine but it does not try to suck any fuel at all. I pulled the carb apart and every thing looks fine...cleaned the crap trap a little, not much in there though. Any ideas on what to try next? or should i just send it in for service?
Old 03-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Mike Dooley/RCS

Default RE: 50 NG problem

Pull both sides of the carb and clean. You have a blocked up carb. If unsuccesful, send it in for us to get it going for you.
Thanks,
Old 03-20-2006, 05:52 PM
greyhound man
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks I'll give it a shot.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:51 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to bud in but at the cost of helping someone I figured out how to get a 50cc gasser to draw fuel after it's been sitting for a few months (mine always gums up in the pump I think, 10% ethanol fuel).

Just blow as hard as you can into the tank while turning over the engine. Mine always break free and starts to draw fuel. It worked on my buddy's just the other day. I swear by it. If you can pressurize the tank with a fuel pump that would work as well. Flip the prop with the tank pressurized (ign off of course). It beats taking the carb apart or sending an engine in, mine does this religiously after sitting for more than a couple months.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:30 PM
BERTO421

hi mike i think you work for zdz and i need help recently bough e 50 ng but how do you connect the plug with the plug cup the way it is,it is to loss how you make it tigh???? please wrigh to me on rigobenitez@hotmail
Old 12-23-2007, 10:33 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BERTO421

hi mike i think you work for zdz and i need help recently bough e 50 ng but how do you connect the plug with the plug cup the way it is,it is to loss how you make it tigh???? please wrigh to me on rigobenitez@hotmail
You put the plug inside the cup and tighten the plug into the engine. Make sure the little set screw for the plug cap is in front so you can access it. The plug is supposed to be torqued to 15 ft-lbs. Then the plug cap is held in with that little set screw. That's all there is to it !!!!