Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

junk rc18t?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:58 AM
smithjeeps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default junk rc18t?

so i just picked up a 18t from my lhs a few days ago. got home opened up the box took it out moved the tires up and down to test the shocks set it down on the table and when i came back about five minites later all of the shock oil had leaked out of the two rear shocks!! i hadnt even driven the thing yet. so that made me a little upset after i charged the battery i decided to take her for a spin out in the sand pit after about two minites the rear end started clicking upon inspection the platic spur gear was chewed up all ready.
is this normal for this thing or did i just get a bad one??

thanks
jon
Old 09-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: junk rc18t?

The rear shocks immediatley leaking like that isn't normal, but the spur getting destroyed from running it in sand is to be expected. Basically, everytime you run it in sand you'll screw your spur up. Try and keep it to pavement and hard packed dirt.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:58 AM
LewAshby
Banned

I bought RC18t kit and had nothing but problems trying to put the thing together.

Parts drilled off center, missing screws, steering binds...

You are better off cleaning the thing up and returning it. Less problems in the future.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:40 AM
smithjeeps

i figured that much on the shocks but your tellin me that i cant run in sand? what if i upgrade to the alluminium spur gear will that help at all, im kinda bummed i though associated was supposed to be good stuff.

thanks
jon

ORIGINAL: Barber420

The rear shocks immediatley leaking like that isn't normal, but the spur getting destroyed from running it in sand is to be expected. Basically, everytime you run it in sand you'll screw your spur up. Try and keep it to pavement and hard packed dirt.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:18 PM
smithjeeps

ok what about this does anyone have any experience with this...

http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_deta...11785&cat_name=
Old 09-22-2010, 03:15 PM
nitebane21

Yep, that should do the trick.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

AE is a GREAT company. In 21 years of RC I've never had, nor seen, a bunk AE product, except for the RC18's. They are just not quite right. I think it may just be kind of an issue with mini's, but I've never owned, or have any experience with, other mini's so I can't say for sure. Mine was a dissapointment, and it's now 100% aftermarket. I mean EVERYTHING, including hardware even. It still give me headaches. I think I might just take a loss selling it for $3-400, even though, with electronics and a radio it's worth at least $6-700. However, some people have had good luck with them and love them; so lets hope you end up being one of these people.