Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini Slash Motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 11:50 PM
timjkanson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Slash Motor

Hey everyone recently bought a 1/16 slash and i love it! I bought the brushed version, and bought aluminum rockers, tie rods, pushrods, black&springs traxxas alloy shocks, and a extra battery but i was just wondering what motor to put in it? i want brushless but I dont know what to drop in

Any ideas on what the best motor would be i mainly bash and will probally transform it into the e-revo.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 10-07-2010, 01:04 AM
burnineyes

Default RE: Mini Slash Motor

Well of course the Velineon system that comes in the brushless version is always a good choice because you know it was designed to work with the truck. Its also plug and play, while any other system may require you to fiddle with small things like changing connectors.

This setup has very similar size and performance to the Velineon System, but at a much lower cost.

ESC
[link]http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7188&Product_Name=Turnigy__Brushless_ESC_60A_w/_Reverse_prog._%28v2.2%29[/link]

Motor
[link]http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4480&Product_Name=KDA_28-47_9Turn_S_Brushless_Inrunner[/link]
Old 10-07-2010, 01:48 PM
smithjeeps

i have the mini revo with the velineon brushless and i think that would be your way to go, its got plenty of power and ive had no probs with it what so ever. plus since you have the brushed motor and esc you can always trade up through traxxas for a cheaper price.
and its waterproof.
jon
Old 10-07-2010, 10:14 PM
timjkanson

haha well i guess i wont be just upgrading my twin duratraxx 1600mah on series connectors completely melted my brushed motor): but holy geez this thing was fast stock!!!

So i should go with the velineion? am i going to need cooling fans cause i touched the motor and it burnt me to where i have a blister now.

thanks
tim