Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Will i make my money back out of it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 11:47 AM
micro guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will i make my money back out of it?

Ok so i am going to sell my mini e-revo. The only problem is, it needs a new esc. I have the old esc but just haven't gotten $45 to send it to traxxas so they can repleace it. My question is:

If i send it to traxxas will that make the value of the truck go up more than $45 when trying to sell it? Because i don't want to spend that money on it, and not make what i want to make from it plus that extra $45 to replace the esc.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:22 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Will i make my money back out of it?

Why do you have to pay $45 to fix it?
Old 07-15-2011, 12:26 PM
sloppyG

I would think you either have to sell as a roller or RTR

without an ESC you may as well toss the motor in the garbage bin too (because a smart buyer will know if you fried your ESC, your motor is probably also shot or close to shot)

selling a broken RC is harder than selling a working one.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:33 PM
gforce2448
My Feedback: (12)

I would think it would as the most expensive part on the Mini Revo is the ESC. To buy one new you are looking at around $80. Basically without it you are looking at getting slightly more than you would for a roller imo. I just sold my son's Mini Revo RTR this week for $200. It was basically all stock with only a couple upgrades (bumpers/wheels/tires). Granted they are close to $300 new, but I basically bought a roller for $75 and added all the stock electronics from my Merv a while back to create his. So I was happy with what I got out of it.

You could always try to sell it as is and see what offers you get. I know alot of people upgrade the stock ESC right away so saving money on that might attract people. If the offers aren't what you are looking for then replace the ESC and try selling it. Good luck!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:48 PM
micro guy

Thanks for all the input guys! And yes $45 for a new esc t9. I called traxxas about it a few months back and they told be to send it in with $45 and they will replace it. I never ended up doing that. If i dont get a new esc i would list it as "almost ready to run, it just needs a new esc." So it would include the stock 27mhz transmitter, stock brushless motor, and the fried esc (so they could send it to traxxas and get a new one for $45.) Other than that it is in good shape. It has upgraded tires/wheels, dynamite 3s 1500mAH lipo that has only been ran 2-3 times, and a front aluminum skid plate. If i did sell it 'as is' what should be my reserve and buy it now be? I mean i'm not quite sure what it would be worth.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:51 PM
micro guy

Or should i just get a new esc and lick my wounds and sell it. I'm just trying to figure out which way i wouldn't lose the most money out of.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:39 PM
micro guy

Ya im not getting a new esc i already put it up on ebay.