Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

***Official*** 1/18 Scale HIGH SPEED Thread!!!

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

***Official*** 1/18 Scale HIGH SPEED Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 08:21 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ***Official*** 1/18 Scale HIGH SPEED Thread!!!

my new baby, a megatech product, and in all honesty minus the stock tie rods, is MUCH better then the rc18, diff outputs stronger, stock aluminum drive shaft, tougher diffs, stiffer chassis ect.

im taking it easy on this one, im using a teeny outrunner at 4500kv and 2s, perfect balance of top speed and control, low to mid 30's with a 15tooth pinion on 2s.

still stupid fast 0-top speed in less than 2 seconds because of its outrunner motor, and this thing weighs nothing because of the tiny motor and small electronics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65402.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	1696451  
Old 12-06-2011, 08:29 PM
The_Shark

oh, i found a old shot of the evil-18 i made with a calculated top speed of 92mph. notice the size of the motor can on both this and the megatech.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93170.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	1696452  
Old 12-07-2011, 02:24 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: revo_sbs

Here is a video of my Vendetta ST. I did this a while ago and am not exactly sure on all the specs. The NEU motor was crazy fast. As you can see from the video I end up crashing after pulling a wheelie when attempting to hit full throttle. I used the 1/10 sidewinder esc, NEU 1107/1.5d, and a rhino 1750mah 2s 20c li-po. This car was geared at 19/45. I definitely could have geared it up looking back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYjYYrMS2PY
Love your ST man!
I'm having issues with diffs.. they break []
5400kv motor on 3s is nuts in mine
Old 12-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Onearmedsteve

Hey PLEASE PLEASE help me out.

Ive been posting on runryder and rcgroups and signed up for rctech but cant pm yet. I wasnt even sure if I had rcunivers account yet. IM so blessed my pc logged me in to pm you. Please tel me

i have a vendetta Im building and ((NOT FOR RACING)) i want to get bigger wheels with dirt tires so I can run accross thyard with my dog. Can you please tell me any bigger diameter wheels that fit that use dirt tires. I dont care If I have to replace with stronger diffs.

Also is this buggy (early vendetta tc buggy with hex nuts on rear-not sure if theres spinnin hex on front or spindle) one that fits r18R rims?

If anyone could point me to some reasonable dirt tires and rims that are bigger than stock I would be so happy and so would my dog!

Thanks

and does anyone know the diameter of motor can and diameter between bolts(bolt pattern. I wanna get a red hot rediculous low kv (4500-5000) bl motor esc combo cheap from asia and bolt it on.

THANKS So much!
please do text me at
Thanks again
-Josiah
Old 12-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Onearmedsteve

and please someone tell me where I can get stronger diffs to pop right in.
THANKS -JOE
Old 12-07-2011, 04:35 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

my new baby, a megatech product, and in all honesty minus the stock tie rods, is MUCH better then the rc18, diff outputs stronger, stock aluminum drive shaft, tougher diffs, stiffer chassis ect.
Does that Megatech truck share parts with the rc18? it looks exactly the same. but if the chassis is better and the diff outdrives are strong you could take the best parts from both cars and make one great car. Also if you don't like those tierods you could easily get a set of the titianium lundsford turnbuckles for the rc18 series. What are those diff out drives made out of? Are they still plastic or are they metal?

oh, i found a old shot of the evil-18 i made with a calculated top speed of 92mph. notice the size of the motor can on both this and the megatech.
That thing looks great and the motor is huge! Did you ever clock it to get the actual real world speed? I have had my 18T geared to do 125MPH on paper running 3s, but real world speed was actually much less. On 2s on paper it should do 75MPH the way it sits right now, but the best I have clocked it at is 55.5MPH.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:01 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: yakfish

Does that Megatech truck share parts with the rc18? it looks exactly the same. but if the chassis is better and the diff outdrives are strong you could take the best parts from both cars and make one great car. Also if you don't like those tierods you could easily get a set of the titianium lundsford turnbuckles for the rc18 series. What are those diff out drives made out of? Are they still plastic or are they metal?

That thing looks great and the motor is huge! Did you ever clock it to get the actual real world speed? I have had my 18T geared to do 125MPH on paper running 3s, but real world speed was actually much less. On 2s on paper it should do 75MPH the way it sits right now, but the best I have clocked it at is 55.5MPH.
diff covers, stock links way different, they connect at the same angle where as the r18 connects with one end 90deg. it appears outdrives are plastic but are solid with the way of connection being a hex shape, meaning i could swap the way it connects once it wears. the only thing i dont like about it is the motor mount does not allow for the crazy gear ratios i do, maybe 20tooth pinion at the max, not the 30-35 i can do on the r18

ive never had it clocked but i know its well over 60mph WELL over twice the speed of my T-maxx, much faster than a 4tec. the motor is not the issue, it doesnt even NOTICE that there is anything attached to it, the problem is once i near top speed the diff melts or it flips due to wind resistance. i could make a pure speed machine and could possibly make it go 100mph, but it would require lots of aerodynamic tinkering, metal gears and so on, something i dont have the money for.

i have only pegged the r18 for no longer than a half second, there is not enough room and it spins out or flips even when i ease it into the 60's so ive never topped it out. it is seriously a wicked little truck.... well WAS i killed it good.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:11 PM
srt10

any video of this in action [:-]
Old 12-08-2011, 08:09 AM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: srt10

any video of this in action [:-]
sadly no, but i just got a tripod to show my new truck.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:03 PM
The_Shark

short vid of what im working on now, spent all day on the format, unable to use movie maker so i picked a clip from random.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27qIHbOhAHk&feature=player_profilepage[/youtube]
Old 12-08-2011, 06:06 PM
yakfish

Looks good!
Old 12-08-2011, 06:11 PM
The_Shark

i have to replace the suspension ends, too sloppy. going to try 3s soon, should be close to 40, different pinion and it will be around 47, still not bad, this thing will run HARD for 40minutes straight with just 1800mah. very efficent.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:15 PM
yakfish

47mph feels very fast in a car this size. That is probably where I should have mine geared for. good balance of speed, runtime and temps!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:08 PM
The_Shark

i would have never belived it years ago if someone told me you can have a car this small do 60mph or more.

i really like this scale, crashes are almost always minor, and there is little fear of collateral damage, i took the old 9.5 out yesterday and it actually scared me, the motor, (jammin) pipe (JP2) and gearing make this thing insane loud and rocket 0-50 in almost a instant, then factor in its wide turning radius and its 8pound weight, SCARY on the street, it belongs on a dirt track.

just something about that buggy, it just has way too much power, ive had faster but this thing is just aggressive.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:28 PM
srt10

short vid of what im working on now, spent all day on the format, unable to use movie maker so i picked a clip from random.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27qIHbOhAHk&feature=player_profilepage[/youtube]
Wait, isnt this the car that is said to do 70mph + ??