Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 01:51 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh0upr2QA_w[/youtube]

Stupid question; Have you changed the throttle reverse switch to reverse and then recalibrated the radio by chance? Have you made any adjustments to the speedo at all?
Old 02-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Rustproofcorn

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh0upr2QA_w[/youtube]

Stupid question; Have you changed the throttle reverse switch to reverse and then recalibrated the radio by chance? Have you made any adjustments to the speedo at all?
hey man there is no stupid questions when it comes to me. lol. i am not sure what the throttle reverse switch is. i did however try and rebind but it doesnt do what the manual says it should. i dont know what a speedo is

Old 02-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Rustproofcorn

one thin i am noticing is the battery connections from the esc become extremely hot. whats that all aboot
Old 02-02-2012, 02:40 PM
hereticgod
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Rustproofcorn

one thin i am noticing is the battery connections from the esc become extremely hot. whats that all aboot
You had said during a crash the battery came out of the box, you may have damaged the solder on the deans end.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:48 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: hereticgod

You had said during a crash the battery came out of the box, you may have damaged the solder on the deans end.
Or you could have also damaged the battery.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:02 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

I just dont want to have to be replacing parts on it every week. i'e never beat my rc's, just do speed runs, go thru dirt and maybe a small jump here and there. i dont beat the crap out of it. if i am to get it, i already planned replacing the steering servo. but i dont wanna be the unlucky one who haas to keep replacing parts. hasn't hpi made these better yet since they first came out?
Maybe you shouldn't spend the money on the XS since you are so worried about breaking parts and since you also don't bash your RC's. Since you are just into speed runs and such maybe you should look at an on-road car.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Rustproofcorn

i have 2 batteries and both do the same thing. sounds like somthing is binding or catching really. just not sure what. im gonna make another video
Old 02-02-2012, 03:09 PM
hereticgod

i have 2 batteries and both do the same thing. sounds like somthing is binding or catching really. just not sure what. im gonna make another video
I know that's what it sounds like but i am willing to bet its electrical if both diffs and the tranny are fine it has to be. I have experienced this myself before with bad soldering jobs. If you had another esc it would be very easy to check. I know it's electrical because of the wires shaking in the video when you give throttle its a clear sign.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:25 PM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

I just dont want to have to be replacing parts on it every week. i'e never beat my rc's, just do speed runs, go thru dirt and maybe a small jump here and there. i dont beat the crap out of it. if i am to get it, i already planned replacing the steering servo. but i dont wanna be the unlucky one who haas to keep replacing parts. hasn't hpi made these better yet since they first came out?
Maybe you shouldn't spend the money on the XS since you are so worried about breaking parts and since you also don't bash your RC's. Since you are just into speed runs and such maybe you should look at an on-road car.
its not being worried about breaking parts thats the issue. parts are going to break and i understand that. but something from HPI (the most durable compared to others) should have this many troubles. I do bashing to some extent. i just dont take them off 6 foot high ramps pr beat the crap out of my rcs. whats the point in the hobby if most of time time spent with it is down time or replacing parts. I'll definitely what its used for, but i wont push it to the extremes.its just unfortunate that something from hpi, especially underthe savage series has this many issues.i may end up just purchasing one andhope i geta good one that doesn't have all theproblems like rustproofcorn is having. thats ridiculous.imnot expecting a perfect rc that will never break.i hope you guys understand what im saying.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Rustproofcorn

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU0pE1lmZ3c[/youtube]
at the end of this video everything stopped working the esc turned off or something and i could smell somthing burning or getting hot. a minute later i plugged it back it and it wouldnt work for 10 seconds then i heard the tones and it started working again. whats weird is that the tones were real loud when i first got it then they got pretty quiet which i though was just my mind playing tricks on me but now there loud again.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Rustproofcorn

its not being worried about breaking parts thats the issue. parts are going to break and i understand that. but something from HPI (the most durable compared to others) should have this many troubles. I do bashing to some extent. i just dont take them off 6 foot high ramps pr beat the crap out of my rcs. whats the point in the hobby if most of time time spent with it is down time or replacing parts. I'll definitely what its used for, but i wont push it to the extremes.its just unfortunate that something from hpi, especially underthe savage series has this many issues.i may end up just purchasing one andhope i geta good one that doesn't have all theproblems like rustproofcorn is having. thats ridiculous.imnot expecting a perfect rc that will never break.i hope you guys understand what im saying.
Man dont let me be a factor in your decicion. i think if i was more experiance i probably would be fine. honestly i am going to get this thing going hell or high water because i want it to do some of the stuff i see in other videos lol. i am actually contemplating on buying another. lol. just for the parts.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:19 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

The speedo (ESC, speed contol) is definitely not acting right.

Go here:
http://castlecreations.com/support/d...s_ed_guide.pdf

Read the calibration part. In your case, instead of holding full throttle with the ESC already plugged in, then turning on the switch, you will hold full throttle and plug the battery in (which can be tricky).

There should be some switches on the transmitter. Check to make sure everything is normal, and not reversed (should be two switches, both have an N position and an R position, haven't even seen the stock Tx in months, but it should either say Channel 2 or throttle by the switch you want to double check) before doing this.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Rustproofcorn

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

The speedo (ESC, speed contol) is definitely not acting right.

Go here:
http://castlecreations.com/support/d...s_ed_guide.pdf

Read the calibration part. In your case, instead of holding full throttle with the ESC already plugged in, then turning on the switch, you will hold full throttle and plug the battery in (which can be tricky).

There should be some switches on the transmitter. Check to make sure everything is normal, and not reversed (should be two switches, both have an N position and an R position, haven't even seen the stock Tx in months, but it should either say Channel 2 or throttle by the switch you want to double check) before doing this.

the 3 switches on the front you discribed.
ch.1 set to R
ch.2 set to N
ch.3 set to N
Old 02-02-2012, 04:39 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

OK. Now try calibrating the speed control. If that doesn't help, or at least change something, flip the Ch2 switch to R, and retry calibrating the speed control.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:43 PM
hereticgod

I still find it very funny people are still questioning the durability of this little truck. Take away the esc and motor (made by castle not hpi) and the servo and it's a very solid truck the only weak points are the shock ends and drive cups. I have about 50 packs on mine at this point and have only broken 2 shock ends(replaced with rpm ends problem solved) and a drive cup. I can't say the same for any traxxas vehicle I have ever owned.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Rustproofcorn

nothing was different when i did the steps above. but seems like when i wiggle the wires from the motor to the esc i can get it to work when it binds. like lets say i pull the trigger and its binding and not working if i wiggle the wires on the motor it will start working. but i can tell what wires sometimes its c somtimes i have to wiggle all of them. no ryme or reason. sometimes the wires heat up while other times they stay just warm.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Rustproofcorn

I still find it very funny people are still questioning the durability of this little truck. Take away the esc and motor (made by castle not hpi) and the servo and it's a very solid truck the only weak points are the shock ends and drive cups. I have about 50 packs on mine at this point and have only broken 2 shock ends(replaced with rpm ends problem solved) and a drive cup. I can't say the same for any traxxas vehicle I have ever owned.

i am not questioning anything. like i keep saying dont take my problems to heart. im a newb what do i know. but if i cant ask my questions here then where?
Old 02-02-2012, 05:03 PM
hereticgod

I wasn't referring to you that was directed at cumminspower mostly.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:11 PM
cumminspower5.9

im not questioning the durability. just seems there are people who have bad luck, and people who have good luck with this truck. I even had a bandit vxl. now i literally beat the crap out of it. never broke anyhting buy 2 caster blocks. hpi is known for durability. i WILL buy the flux xs, i just pray i dont go thru all the issues other people are having. i know the servo is a wek point and i already plan on buying one with the flux, but how come the motor is not high end as you would like it to be?
Old 02-02-2012, 05:13 PM
cumminspower5.9

Man dont let me be a factor in your decicion. i think if i was more experiance i probably would be fine. honestly i am going to get this thing going hell or high water because i want it to do some of the stuff i see in other videos lol. i am actually contemplating on buying another. lol. just for the parts.
well im 100% sure that im going to buy it, i will just us this thread for reference to any trouboes, which i hope i dont have any. i will go easy on her for a while till i actually start gettin in the throttle
Old 02-02-2012, 05:15 PM
hereticgod

The motor has lots of power and I have no issues with it except it runs hot and has a high amp draw. The castle 3800 is much better runs cool on 3s and get longer runtimes.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Rustproofcorn

can i buy a better esc, and motor for this thing that is water proof? also can i buy a tranny that is pre assembled? if i change the esc do i have to change the transmitter too? i want to keep this thing waterproof but get rid of all this crap thats giving me headachs. or would it be better to just get another one and use this one for spare parts? i can get one from tower for 100 bucks for 3 months plus i think you can get 50 off of that.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:18 PM
hereticgod

I waterproof my own stuff but there really isn't anything else that is waterproof out of the box except a vxl system.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Rustproofcorn

how do you waterproof a esc?
Old 02-02-2012, 05:35 PM
209mark123

Look up the videos on youtube, Iwould suggest the ones done by a guy named squirrel. He will show you step by step how to waterproof your esc, Ialso have heard people are having a lot of luck with the mamba max pro esc on this truck. Thats the one Iplan on going with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.