Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

muscle car body?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Karontu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default muscle car body?

does anyone know of a muscle car body 1/16 in scale that i could drop on my merv. i have done a few quick google searches and have had trouble finding anything.

i'm talking old school true american muscle body not new style, not looking to put a 1/16 traxxas "boss 302" body on it.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:55 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: muscle car body?

This is the closest thing I could come up with I'm afraid. It's 1/12th on the XS, but the XS is an MT, albeit a mini one, so maybe it'll look like a 1/14th on a Merv? Just thinking out loud. If you look in the Savage Flux XS thread, t9dragon has posted pics of an XS next to a Merv, maybe you could do a visual check, see if it's worth a try...

http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=106554
Old 01-17-2012, 03:25 AM
TWERPA
My Feedback: (19)

Try tower hobbies because I know that they have 1/18 scale muscle car body. I don't know how much of a difference in size from 1/16 scale of it will be.. Hope this help's
LXVGZ3 RJ Speed 1/18 Modern Muscle SS Clear Body 18R

Old 01-17-2012, 05:59 AM
mercerbeef

Check the Rjspeed site. they might have it. just go through all the body styles, I remember seeing a late 70's camaro.

http://rjspeed.com/
Old 01-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Jetdktr
My Feedback: (21)

I just ordered a 55 Chevy body for my mini t from Stormer Hobbies. You will have to paint it though
Old 01-19-2012, 07:24 PM
mercerbeef

Here's where i found a 70's era camaro,

http://www.speedysracingparts.com/RC_Racing_Bodies.htm
Old 01-20-2012, 05:07 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: mercerbeef

Check the Rjspeed site. they might have it. just go through all the body styles, I remember seeing a late 70's camaro.

http://rjspeed.com/
Those are made for the rc18r.
ORIGINAL: Jetdktr

I just ordered a 55 Chevy body for my mini t from Stormer Hobbies. You will have to paint it though
Bodies for the mini-t and rc18 are going to be way too small for the traxxas mini chassis.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:11 AM
gforce2448
My Feedback: (12)

Yeah the Traxxas 1/16 is more like a 1/12 scale. I have seen some people using HPI Cup bodies that worked with minimal modifications (ie trimming fender wells, etc..).
Old 01-25-2012, 08:02 PM
philbo427

Hi, new here, not sure what a Merv is but as far as an idea for 1/16 muscle car bodies, unless you are looking for a light Lexan body, Toys R Us has some toy grade RC cars that are I believe 1/16 scale.  You could buy it for the body, possibly the tires.  Not sure if anything else is salvageable.  I think they only run like $20 so it's not that big an investment.

Ok, just looked on their site.  They are actually 1:15 scale and $30.  They are monster truck style.  Years ago they were just car style and they had various old muscle cars like GTO, Cuda, Chevelle, 442 for less money.   The selection is smaller now as far as bodies go.  Here's a link:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=11476745

Below is a Cuda I have but with Rallye wheels, pic off the internet, but you can see they look more like traditional muscle cars.  Not sure if the Merv you have is a truck or car.  It's made by Nikko.  Might be able to find them on Ebay.  Other pics of other cars they had at the time.  Toys R Us sometimes will have other RC muscle cars you might be able to scrounge the body off of.  I believe these were 1/16 scale RC cars.  The hoods opened and you had the choice of a regular hood or a clear see through hood.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:01 AM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

I have the camero car pictured. nice ride, wish i had the remote to it tho!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:16 PM
NBCTANK

ORIGINAL: mercerbeef

Here's where i found a 70's era camaro,

http://www.speedysracingparts.com/RC_Racing_Bodies.htm
I just got this one, the McCallister 70's Camaro from here, for my Traxxas 1/16. It fits great.

I just over cut the wheelwells due to oversized tires. I plan on buying another one to fit smaller wheels.

I did not finish putting on more decal as I planned because I was in a hurry and made a major noob mistake; Forgot to remove plastic protective film.

But heres pic of process

Then here realized, I forgot the film. 'm just gonna run it and peel it off when it get's bad and start over.