Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

getting comical...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 05:44 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default getting comical...

so as many know the savage XS drive cups ware fast so i got some hot racing upgrades. the center 2 on the tranny and the 2 for the diff pinions. got them today and 2 are bad 1 from each pair how my luck is with this car im not shocked. on the tranny cupsone isbent in so the dogbone wont even fit in it. and the other has a nice hairline crack at the pin hole to the tip

atleast this is easy to deal with but man its geting to the point where i think its cursed
Old 09-10-2012, 06:45 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: getting comical...

That sucks. I wanted to buy an XS before they came out. I'm glad I didn't, they have ALOT of problems. Maybe you should sell it and get something without the curse.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:52 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im in to deep[] or i would
Old 09-11-2012, 10:39 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

know how you feel.
I've bought dogbones where one was formed incorrectly (dunno how it passed QC)
got shock shafts that had no threads to screw on the ball ends on
recently I got CVD's that the end is too big for the cup (they were marketed for the RC in question)
Got a bearing kit where 8 out of 20 bearings actually fit... and none of the ones that fit were needed...

Hell the one RC has lost literally 10 dogbones out of the 15 or so times I ran it on ONE side only (this is also the one I got the cvds for) I've replaced every single part on that side, and it STILL loses them also one of the main reasons why I haven't ran it in 2-3 years(side note it is an HPI). I've thought about dumping it, but honestly I'd not get 1/5th of what I put in it, and seeing I got other RC's that share its parts I'm keeping it mostly as a giant spare.