Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Need Help Suggestions Buy Sources

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 09:34 PM
George Jure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Suggestions Buy Sources

Hello

My name is George. I am VERY NEW to R.c trucks. My background is R.C military scale ships, submarines and 1/16 Tanks.

I would like to scratch build a 1/18 U.S WWII Amphibious jeep. Yes it will be waterproof and go on ramps, dirt and grass BUT not be a speed demon.

My reason for 1/18, period ready figures available.

What I need to know is can these: Losi 1/18 Mini Rock Crawler Locked Axle Set Front and RearMRC be unlocked? If yes, can anyone show me how it`s done? I found this pair of used axles and think they might work for me if they can be unlocked?

I also need Springs and hardware to attach the springs to the axles and to the chassis. No shocks are to be used.

IF these axles can`t be converted can anyone suggest another 1/18 axle set with front steering but be 4x4 that would fit my needs and time period? Also wouldn`t hurt to ask if used possible, cheap is nice.

Thanks for your Time and Help.

George