Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

Looking to reuse 450 T-Rex Heli electronics on ground based kit.

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Looking to reuse 450 T-Rex Heli electronics on ground based kit.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 12:50 PM
simon021

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to reuse 450 T-Rex Heli electronics on ground based kit.

I few RC helis 4 or 5 years ago, and sold everything off except one of my Trex 450s. It was my first heli, and has a few different motor/ESC combinations, and a ton of 3s lipos. I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction looking for a stadium truck or buggy or something that would use the same electronics. When I get home today I'm going to dig it all out and start measuring and cross referencing kits to see if I can figure anything out, but I wanted to throw this up there in hopes that someone more familiar with both sides of thing would have a solid answer for me.

I already have a savage X nitro that I'm having a blast with, but I'd like something I can play with in town without making my neighbors hate me lol. It would be really nice to be able to buy an almost RTR kit or just a strait kit and reuse these servos and motors I have laying around. Not sure if the lipos can be brought back through a few charge/discharge cycles, but between the BECs/motors/esc and charger, I could potentially save a ton of money going this route.

Originally I was going to pick up a full sized savage flux, but I happened upon this box of goodies and figured I'd try to get some use out of them before dumping 5 or 600 bucks on a 1/8 savage.

this will be primarily on my gravel ally and on the street in front of my house. I live in a super small town so there is plenty of room for an on road type vehicle.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:28 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking to reuse 450 T-Rex Heli electronics on ground based kit.

Any helicopter motor has too little torque to use in an RC car. However, you CAN reuse the ESC with a 1/18 motor and you can reuse the reciver and remote in a kit like this; http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Buggy-Team-Kit