Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

associated rc18b2 or losi mini 8ight....

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 08:15 AM
shaggy235

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default associated rc18b2 or losi mini 8ight....

I'm wanting to pick me up a mini buggy but I can't decide which one I want . I am more familiar with Team Associated then I am Losibut I see more people with the losi mini 8ight then I do the rc18b2. I'm wanting something that will be fun to ride in a parking lot and possibly off road on hardpacked dirt. I am new to mini buggies and want some info about speed, durability, versatility , handling , e.t.c.........I don't want to buy something that I will need to do a lot of upgrades to I just want something rtr (with the exception of a possible battery upgrade ). I also don't want to break the bank but any info will help . thanks in advance for info
Old 10-10-2013, 12:53 PM
shaggy235

Any info would be appreciated.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:29 AM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the rc18mt the gen-1 of associated minis i cant speak much on the newer ones but of those two id pick the mini8. iwant a mini8 they just look stronger imo alum chassis/towers/shocks. and of course the rc18b2 is belt driven i dunno to me thats just a turn off im sure people have great luck with them but meh lol. not alot of help im sure but just my 2cents
Old 10-16-2013, 06:35 AM
shaggy235

Thanks for the response. The mini 8 does look like the durable pick. I'm not familiar with the belt drive system. The thing is there is only 1 local hobby shop y me and they don't carry either buggy.call me crazy but I would like to check one out in person before I buy. The next closest hobby shop is over 50 miles away and they carry the mini8. Maybe I will have to make a special trip
Old 11-10-2013, 11:25 AM
revo_sbs
My Feedback: (23)

I would go with the mini 8ight. I have not owned an associated with the belt drive system. The mini 8ight is very durable and pretty fast with the stock equipment. The mini 8ight is slightly larger than the rc18b2.