Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Losi Mini 8ight w/Mamba Micro setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 04:29 PM
joeyvaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Mini 8ight w/Mamba Micro setup

So I have a Mini 8ight that I am having a blast with. I've upgraded to graphite shock towers, top deck, and battery tray; upgraded to a Hitec metal gear servo, Mamba Micro Pro ESCand 4300k motor, I've upgraded to a Spektrum DX3S radio setup. Lastly, I've also upgraded my wheels to Traxxas white dish wheels. They are a little bit bigger than the yellow Losi wheels that come with the Mini 8ight. But I think the larger wheels are causing more wheelies than the original wheels. So much so that I can do a standing back flip if I punch the throttle.

I'm wanting to curb down on the wheelies, but I want to keep the larger wheels. It just jumps and lands so much better with the larger wheels. Spur/pinion combo is stock right now. Would changing either minimize the wheelies? What about tweaking the rear suspensions springs and/or oils.

Thanks!!!
Old 10-06-2014, 08:22 AM
OfficialFBomb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joeyvaz
So I have a Mini 8ight that I am having a blast with. I've upgraded to graphite shock towers, top deck, and battery tray; upgraded to a Hitec metal gear servo, Mamba Micro Pro ESCand 4300k motor, I've upgraded to a Spektrum DX3S radio setup. Lastly, I've also upgraded my wheels to Traxxas white dish wheels. They are a little bit bigger than the yellow Losi wheels that come with the Mini 8ight. But I think the larger wheels are causing more wheelies than the original wheels. So much so that I can do a standing back flip if I punch the throttle.

I'm wanting to curb down on the wheelies, but I want to keep the larger wheels. It just jumps and lands so much better with the larger wheels. Spur/pinion combo is stock right now. Would changing either minimize the wheelies? What about tweaking the rear suspensions springs and/or oils.

Thanks!!!
Changing the shocks to softer shocks, and putting a higher tooth pinion should keep you from torquing off the line but still give you good speeds