Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Rival mini brushless question

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 06:38 AM
matt24138

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rival mini brushless question

So I had a mini t. Which is widely not supported anymore. I have a 6800kv mamba micro pro set up in it. With a cm20 motor. Should this work in the associated rival mini. Or is there a current mamba product that will fit? I want to order everything for the conversion with the truck. What parts are prone to break or need to be upgraded out of the box?
Old 01-23-2018, 06:59 AM
Igottabeme

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have gen 1 (version 1) rc18mt (mini rivals) (all brushless) but everything looks the same so I speak from experience from that. The 6800kv mamba will fit. If running 2s the stock plastic dogbones will be ok with a breakage every now and then. With 3s better just go ahead and get the aluminum dogbones or cvds. A spare steering bellcrank would be a good thing to have as they can be prone to break or just upgrade to auluminum. The stock shocks are ok but of course if you want better adjustability those should be upgraded as well. Usually the parts that break are the ones you do not have. The bumper is not really much of bumper a aftermarket bumper like from T Bone, RPM, or Hot racing would give better frond end protection. You can throw alot of money into it with upgraded parts but I would just upgrade as needed as things break. Also shim the diffs for longer life just get a 8mm shim kit or the associated shims for the rc18mt (mini rival).

Last edited by Igottabeme; 01-23-2018 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:05 PM
speedknot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few years ago, I upgraded to a Hobbywing brushless set up in my Mini Rival. It was a good fit. The 2S LiPo's chewed through spurs, dogbones, diff gears. Went back to NiMH. Don't forget that the Rival comes with an integrated ESC/Receiver so you'll have to mount the ESC on the cross member. Also, the chassis is super flexible. With the amount of torque that it had on LiPo's, I'm certain that the chassis flex contributed to some of the mechanical issues I was having. I ended up buying a carbon fiber chassis, that I have yet to install. It's not a rugged outdoor basher, As I should have heeded my own advice, don't dump too much money into this thing and expect it to be a radical "Monster Truck". Personally, I use it more indoors and have a blast with it that way.