Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

building Ti turnbuckles

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 09:37 AM
gsy971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default building Ti turnbuckles

Ok friends, trying to build some ti turnbuckles to upgrade my son's rc18b reflex. parts are so small and i don't want to ruin the ball cups. anyone have a good method to get these to the proper length with the ball cups facing the correct way?
Old 01-27-2018, 06:59 PM
esavagenoobie

What about using the shafts off titanium drill bits and then using a dye and tap to thread them yourself? Either way, id figure ball cups would be tons cheaper than buying titanium drill bits...

As for getting the correct length, if you have a set of calipers then why not center the wheels and measure outside of ball cup to outside of ball cup and use that for reference?
Old 01-27-2018, 07:14 PM
gsy971

esavagenoobie, the ball cups need to be threaded on.
yes i know how to measure but getting the ball cups to line up in the positions they are supposed to be in while getting the correct length while at the same time not threading the ball cups too much where the shafts will then protrude into the ball cup area.

Others, should i try to get the length close, install then measure and adjust as needed? thinking that may seem easier
Old 01-27-2018, 09:42 PM
esavagenoobie

How about something like this?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/lunsfor...ns1162/p161550

double check the dimensions, but might be something youd want to look into.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:17 AM
gsy971

esavagenoobie, yes those are the turnbuckles i am talking about. i don't think you understand what i am saying/asking. anyways i figured out a good plan. There is a marking on the TB shaft on one side. Start with one side then do each one slowly and carefully until they are pretty snug. Then work the other side slowly. keep measuring using the stock TBs as reference and keep turning the ball cups until positioning is set. Just be meticulous