Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Turbo for Mini Z

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 03:06 PM
Aggdaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo for Mini Z

How many of you guys have one? Is it external or internal, and how much faster is your car with or without it.

I'm debating on getting an internal FET upgrade with high torque motor, but I just want to get a consensus of what other people think about that.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:33 AM
Hobbysect
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Turbo for Mini Z

Go with the internal. Makes your vehicals look better and the bodies still fit the same way. Now the External; wire show and bodies are a little harder to put on. I have both internal and external. I love the internal method. But for speed wise I am using my existing motors that came with the cars. Too bad and soo sad for me, no job and no money, just going to college for the time being.

Tony
Old 10-23-2003, 09:11 PM
FearFC3S

I have a 2x4 internal Fet upgrade on one of my Z's. Go with the internal because it looks cleaner, way easy to maintain, really preforms better then an external because of the no extra wires and stuff = less lag and less weight. I did both my internal Fet upgrades myself, wasn't that hard.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:29 PM
JAZON XMOD

I HAVE A XMOD. I WOULD LIKE TO DO A FET MOD MYSELF. I AM A NOVICE ELECTRONICS GUY.[:@] ANYONE THINK THEY CAN HELP?[sm=drowning.gif] FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME, THANKS FOR THE HELP [sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 12-09-2003, 12:27 AM
SlamtheNutta

you're talking about this right?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBEB4&P=7

where can i find a link to the internal version?
does it replace the ESC? or is it just a hop-up style part, JAZON XMOD im sure it will fit on a XMOD, it seems like all other mini-z parts do, but i would check eslewhere first.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:27 PM
JAZON XMOD

i'm not sure if that turbo will fit. i will go to the hobby shop and see how big it is. i don't want to lose any room in the body. i would rather do a fet mod to the actual board.

thanks for the help EVADER MAN 65