Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini - Radios & Carrying Cases

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 01:29 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mini - Radios & Carrying Cases

I finally received an AM Conversion module for my Futaba T3PK--Now my Mini-Z runs dang sweet! I also kicked that stock Mini-T radio to the curb and replaced it with a JR XR2--now known as my "Losi" radio since I'm only using that radio with the Mini-T and XXX-S. If anyone is interested, the Duratrax Mini-Z carrying case can fit a Losi Mini-T where the radio is usually placed and if the Mini-Z internal antenna is used (or stock antenna removed), should fit two Mini-Z's where the cars are normally placed. So far I've only installed one internal antenna and that was on my Enzo.

Anyone else switching radios and using any cases? If so, which models?
Old 12-22-2003, 09:40 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Default RE: Mini - Radios & Carrying Cases

Mini-T "Mini hauler"

Perhaps only one or two people are interested (or someone else will just start another thread), but Trinity has a "Mini hauler" which appears to be targeted at the Losi Mini-T: Transmitter fits in the bottom compartment, truck fits in the top compartment, and two side pockets for whatever.

http://www.teamtrinity.com/index.asp
Old 12-23-2003, 09:12 AM
marcelissen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm using a laptop computer case

I'm using a slim case for a laptop computer to carry my Mini-T and controller. You need to remove the antenna from the car, naturally, but the car and controller fit nicely side-by-side. Plus with the extra side pocket can hold lots of stuff, like extra batteries. I got a great deal on a couple cases from a discount store and it works great for about $8.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:48 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Default RE: I'm using a laptop computer case

Good idea.

I've recently fitted my Futaba T3PK radio case with some foam that enables me to carry a Mini-Z along with the radio. That's 3 mini-z's, one mini-T, a T3PK radio, AM conversion module, FM module, the radio charger, a few parts, and a few tools all in two small padded carrying cases (DuraTrax Mini-Z carrying case and Futaba radio case). Although there is no room for the charger, I can also charge the batteries before loading the cars.