Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

mini-t set-up question

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 08:43 AM
chasot
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini-t set-up question

I have 3 mini's and will get a couple more. My plan is to have FUN KID STYLE racing.

So hop-up's are not so important for performance,as they are for simplicity and dependibility.

I was going to get a new green body,and pait one yellow so i will have 5 or 6 different cars.

I would like to keep them all on one ACE digipulse charger.

1. what is the best 4 or 5 cell nimh or nicad pack to put in it

2. are there many problems with steering servos going out?

3. what would you suggest to do ,set up wise, that I might not think of?

Thanks, Chas
Old 12-31-2003, 08:58 AM
auto2

Default RE: mini-t set-up question

the are auctions on ebay for case lots of the minis. JFYI

seems my tires are very soft compound. might want to get different tires to cut down on replacement costs.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3+2=5, why not 1 more Mini-T? One for each stock channel?

Losi has already released other bodies as well including a Yellow body and a White body. The bodies also have various shade colors on the sides. If I recall correctly, Parma has clear bodies.

Most of those I know are running the 6-cell 7.2v packs, but I've read about others burning up the stock motors with lithium 7.4v packs. However, I don't know if the motors are burning up because of .2v or because of the extended run times since I've read about others going as high as 8v. I've been using Peak Racing 7.2v 1200's and Venom 7.2v 1100's, but I've already replaced the stock motor so I can't write one way or another if the motor would have burn out over extended run time or not. The Peak 6-cell packs were more expensive than the Venoms. Losi also has a pack out now.

Regarding the stock servos, I've read numerous posts about a bad batch of servos that have hit the market with no ready replacements--another explanation could be that it's driver error. One is also supposed to be able to take the stock servo gears and use some of them in one of the HiTec nylon servos. This may be important to some because the servo saver on the stock Mini-T servo will not fit a "normal" servo because of its unique shape. I'm sorry I can't recall which HiTec servo, but I do know that it is one of the less expensive servos and it is not the servo I used because I went with a metal geared servo.

I'd install the bearing kit and replace the stock shocks with the oil shocks as soon as they are available. The Mini-T's are very bouncing and simply raising the ride height by using the shock spacers is not going to help. To my knowledge, there are also three types of off-road tires and a set of foams.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Kyle2Baseball

I think the Hitec servo is an HS-55 which is 20 dollors. The only problem is the team losi servo is a 4 wire servo and hitecs is three so u would need a differnt reciever. Some1 i know might have gotten one of the bad servos cause he bought it that day and he was driving it in front of the parking lot and hit a poll not really hard and the servo striped out.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

I realize the normal HiTec servo is a 3-wire servo and the stock Losi is a 4-wire servo; however, this would have nothing to do with swapping the gears out because if some of the Losi stock gears fit a HiTec servo, it may be possible to fit some of the HiTec gears in the Losi stock servo. If possible, this would simply be another way of fixing a broken stock Losi servo until Losi starts shipping replacement parts. The only major problem would be if the top Losi stock-servo gear is broken because of its unique female thread end which matches up with the stock servo saver--it is not a normal gear type.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:54 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

Bearings are a must so are shocks (but they aren't out yet) for batteries the best packs I've used so far are those made by blind batteries and pro match racing. Once spring comes I'm going to make a dirt oval in the backyard. These things are a blast!
Old 01-16-2004, 10:46 AM
sellers18

Default RE: <span class=

Does anyone know if the bearing set is hard to install. I am thinking about getting it for my mini but want to make sure I can do it first.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:18 PM
miniRCfan

Its extremely easy
Old 01-16-2004, 12:57 PM
brainleak
My Feedback: (1)

All you have to do for the front is to pop of the tires and take out the plastic bushings of the tire and put the bearings in. The back you need to take off the tires pop off the top turnbuckle and take the bushings out of the hub and pop your bearings in. Repeat for each side if you have any more question i can take pictures and send them to you if you would like.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Vaco

As far as the servo going bad.

My roomate got one, soon afterwards the steering stopped working. I pulled the servo apart. There is a very small gear that the servo motor meshes with. It is on a plastic post, the post is no thicker than your thumb nail and anchored at one side. The post broke. Unless you want to drill it out and find a piece of hard wire to glue in there you will end up buying a new servo.

You can also cut the servo saver spring, making it softer. This will not affect your normal driving. And it will make your servo last longer.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:15 PM
awsum9

Last week while racing at my LHS, my son crashed his T and broke the servo. Another racer and I spent two hours, and were able to come up with a fix. We went upstairs to the HS and bought a couple of different train drill bits and brass screws for locomotives and were able to fix it. That little black piece seems to be the problem. This fixed servo seems to stronger and better all around. My son has been jumping it and crashing it and it still works.

As far as the HS55 servo, it can be modified to fit. There is an article on [link=http://www.one18th.com]One18th.com[/link] that goes into great detail on this. Several have done it and seems to work just fine.

We bought some 6 cell batteries from [link=http://edogfight.com/Catalog_page/BatteriesPacks.htm]edogfight.com[/link] and they are great. We paid $65 (freight included) and they came in 4 days. We ran them this week at our LHS and they are great.

Hope this info helps!

AWSUM9
Old 01-19-2004, 01:27 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Some of the local hobby shops here are stocking the stock servo now and I hope you received enough batteries to make several 6-cell packs at $65.00. Meanwhile, my HiTec HS-5125MG is working fine. It's just too bad the oil-filled shocks aren't in stock.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:03 PM
awsum9

$65.00 for 6 packs.

Sorry I left the quantity out!

AWSUM9