Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

is it me or is it CRAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 11:25 AM
DigiT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it me or is it CRAP!!

I have bought 3 pairs of oil filled shocks from losi... and got the new sills for them... everyone leaks BADLY.. Its driving me nuts but if anyone where to ask me about the shocks I would tell them what a p.o.s it is... Any ideas guys? I MUST be doing something wrong... I have even used a low weight oil in them...
Old 04-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Benthehen

Default RE: is it me or is it CRAP!!

Hmmmmmmmmm I was thinking about getting losi shocks for my mini-t........might need to reconsider[:-]

Benthehen
Old 04-16-2004, 11:49 AM
DigiT

honestly, I have had better luck with stock shocks and spacers... I cant seem to get losi's to stop leaking
Old 04-16-2004, 02:11 PM
off-roadkill

are they screwed tight, or did u put the o rings in them, and if they are too full they leak untell they're right and do they have the right shafts in them
Old 04-17-2004, 02:23 AM
madblunted

LOL I used my daughter's little tiny sparkly rubber bands and it has cut down at least I have not noticed an leakage yet, but yeah those seals that came w/ the shocks blow.. I have the first generation losi oil shocks. make sure they are tight.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:54 AM
moloch16

Just installed mine. Anyone thinking about getting them I say do it because the car is so much smoother and easier to drive. Having said that...I put the extra set of seals on them so that there's two seals instead of one and tightened them down nice and tight. Played with the car some yesterday and looks like I had one leaking so I took it off and made sure it's tight. So far so good. The other three didn't leak. I'm more disappointed in the front "soft" springs, they don't seem stiff enough. I think losi should have shipped the medium spring with the shocks but oh well. However the car still performs well so perhaps this is by design....
Old 04-19-2004, 12:58 PM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

has anyone tried out these shocks from BRP? Are they worth that big chunk o' change that they want for them? http://www.brpracing.com/500.html
Old 04-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Intelligentsia

Yes, those shocks are good.

I can tell you that if you were to go to your local store and purchase four of the shocks that BRP is selling you would pay $60 for them.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:17 PM
r.c.cmadness

are they better than oil filled shocks ?
Old 04-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Intelligentsia

They are oil filled shocks.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:54 PM
r.c.cmadness

no are the BRP shocks better than the losi oil filled shocks?
Old 04-19-2004, 10:07 PM
DigiT

anyways.. I have 3 mini t's and two pairs of oil filled shocks, and honestly I must be doing something wrong because I dont like the shocks at all.. my car has NO bounce to it.. even with a million spacers.. It sucks I have to buy better springs to get the shocks to work.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:01 AM
moloch16

Yeah I have the same problem. I just ordered the front and rear spring sets (LOSB1117 and LOSB1119). I think the springs that come with the shocks are good for racing around on (mostly) flat surfaces but if you plan to do any jumping they won't cut it.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:45 PM
nrctc3
My Feedback: (3)

Venom's oil filled shocks will fit on the Mini-T. You guys may wanna give them a try. They'bb be released in a few weeks.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:29 AM
DigiT

yeah it just drives me nuts because the car doesnt have enough bounch to move it back up.. What I mean is once they bottom out there staying out... the stock springs are complete crap. GRRRRRRRR it just makes me really made they charge so much for something you can "Really" use untill you spend more cash on them, and im not talking about the oil for them.

digit
Old 04-24-2004, 08:25 PM
moloch16

Just installed the new springs from Losi and they are the solution for the problem, just gotta sink another $16 into the shocks [&o]
Old 04-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Starfox9

No you dont...only $8. Buy the rear springs and use the firm on the back and and medium on the fronts worked for me I got my T 4 days ago and ive bought everything but an all ali t, will be soon, and a hot mod motor.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:24 AM
PitStops
My Feedback: (1)

I run the losi shocks on both of our t's and have had no problem with leaking. I do want to upgrade the spring but as far as the stock set up they seem to work good on the track in our back yard.

Bryan
Old 04-29-2004, 01:14 AM
KPLucas
My Feedback: (1)

Guys and Gals-

I had the same leaking Losi Mini-T shox issues, BUT.....

I found a fix that worked for me.

First - I doubled up the seals on each shock.

Second - I wound a few turns of Teflon Tape around the threads of the cap and it helped seal em up good. You get little rolls of this stuff at the hardware store for a couple bucks.

Worked for me, give it a try.

Reply to this forum below or email me with questions or comments. Please title your message FORUM QUESTION, otherwise your message will get spam blocked. Remove CAPS from my email address below.

[email protected]
Old 04-29-2004, 06:50 AM
Featherpluckin
My Feedback: (6)

Losi should have put better shocks on the mini t(or should I say money pit) in the first place. Gil must of got a pretty big check for allowing hisname to be put on this thing. Quality wise its right up there with the fine rc trucks from such places as radio shack. Not to sayt you cant get good performance from them if you have anothe pone to two hundred dollars to sink into one.
Not only are the shocks leaky, but the cheap bushings the underpowered motor and week electronics servo combination is just a waste. Why dont they offer a kit like the xray which is a rolling chasis. Overall a toy quallity car with pretentions of being something more. A very good idea but somewhere along the line someone decided to go cheap and crappy. verses well thought out. It still surprises me that a company with the reputation of excellence in thier products can turn out such a half baked effort.

But hey they are cute.