Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

best mini MT

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 11:06 PM
DigiT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best mini MT

What do you guys think the best of the mini MT's are best... I mean best as in user friendly and fun to play with??? 3 im looking n2 are tlt 1, venom's truck, and mini-z..

However can the mini have a batt pack or do you have to use aa's?
Old 04-24-2004, 09:22 AM
Gizmo420

Default RE: best mini MT

I dont know anything about the mini z. The mini giant is a pos imo but I have never actually
seen one in person, just heard bad things about their drivetrain. I dont think you can go wrong with the tamiya tlt. It is more expensive (and bigger) than the others.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:20 AM
DigiT

the tlt-1 was cheaper than the mini-z at hobby people, and a few other sites. Not really sure what all I have to get to go with it though? I was debateing on the three but think I may get the mini-z becauase it is small and im only wanting something to run in the house on some card board tracks and over books and stuff.

does anyone have one? What hop ups are worth getting? Most important can I put a batt pack in one?

even more important, would you rate the tlt-1 better or worse than the mini z?
Old 04-24-2004, 12:42 PM
Overalnd

Don't let them tell you the GIANT is a POS. He hasn't even driven one! I own one and like it a lot. It is very good at climbing, and has great acceleration. The drivetrain is fine on mine and I have not had any problems. I also own a Mini-Z Overland, but I must say I do like the Overland more than the GIANT. The TLT is actually VERY expensive. It is somewhere in the neiborhood of $150; without any electronics. It is also not built, so you would have to build it yourself. Also, another problem about the TLT is that it has very low ground clearance. I am not trying to bash the TLT, it's just that it seems like you don't get much for your money.

I hope I helped
Old 04-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Troublesome2g4

I just got a Mini Monster a week ago. I love it. So far I put mini T tires on it, extended the front wheelbase, and added a 6 cell mod. It pops wheelies without a problem and has unbelivable torque. I'm planning on FETting it and running an NML motor in it. Should hit 30 mph quit easily. Check out my thread from yesturday entitled MY MINI T KILLER
Old 04-24-2004, 04:30 PM
nrctc3
My Feedback: (3)

I love the Mini Giant! I haven't had any problems, it's fast, jumps good, pops wheelies & has plenty of hop-ups available for it! At a price around $120 RTR it simply cant be beat!
Old 04-24-2004, 05:17 PM
DigiT

well ladys and gents, I got the mini-z today and must say it is just what im looking for... Though I cant pull any wheelies yet, and wonder about some upgrades, seems like it could use a bit more power but all in all I love it.. It was made to play inside and thats what it does. It does it well at that.