Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini Monster Truck which one ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 11:30 AM
smaerd58
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Monster Truck which one ?

There are so many out now.But after reading tiggers post's it really got me interested in the Mini Z's monster trucks. What do you guys recommend for just running around the house chasing my cat Bennie and just plain having fun?I am 38 yrs old and have had Nitro cars,electric heli,electric and gas planes but I am looking for less hassle now that I am getting older I have my last Nitro Cen mt-2 on sale here then everything is gone and time to start new again.I am looking into the new 1/5 scale gassers and these mini's look fun too.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:18 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mini Monster Truck which one ?

Thanks for the compliment. If your cat Bennie is like my cat Bennie, I'd get him an Anniversary Edition MMT since it has a lot of option parts installed out of the box. You can always change the body and add even more parts later, but in my opinon, that is the best bang for the buck when you consider the retail price of Kyosho oil shocks, spring set, and bearings.

As a matter of fact, I took several photos last night of Bennie playing with the 2nd Chrome MMT and they are posted at MZR. See the signature.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:14 PM
smaerd58

Tigger N. Bennie, thanks for the reply. I have read a lot of your post from large scale to Mini's so I hold your opinion high.I will look for the anniversary addition I believe you said before that it was the chrome one that I can change out the body latter If I don't like it? I would like to see a Ram body like my full size truck I have.There are some pics now in my gallery sorry for the cheesy plug for my add here on RCU but Bennie may help me sell it.Where have you seen the least expensive place to purchase the mini monster?Also you had posted about using rechargeable I have a brand new Duracell Rechargeable Accu 1 Hr. charger with 4-AA NIMH 2050 Batteries will this work?Thanks again,smaerd58
Old 07-29-2004, 11:55 PM
joes75
My Feedback: (2)

The receiver takes 4 AAA's batteries. I found some 800mah on line with a charger, they work great.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:28 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

smaerd58,
There are three different Anniversary Editions: 1) Chrome body, 2) AE with Type 1 body, and 3) AE with Type 2 body. As of today, I still have "not" seen the chrome body available separately. The last I knew MiniZRacer was out of the AEs, Tower Hobbies/Great Planes had them in stock with a price break on "X" amount of dollars spent through the end of the month, and varying prices on eBay. The local hobby shops should be about the same as Tower since many obtain their stock through them. If you search eBay, make sure to check the shipping charges carefully because though some may offer .1 cent shipping, their total price may still be higher than someone that offers $27.00 EMS and some sellers also add "surcharges" for accepting PayPal.

As joes75 mentioned, the receiver (car) uses AAAs. The highest I've seen so far are 850s NiMH, but 800s are available at many places including Wal-Mart. You should also be able to get by with a NiMH charger from Wal-Mart or Radio Shack if you don't want to spend a lot. I use a Radio Shack charger that will charge AAA, AA & 9v batteries when I am not in a hurry and don't plan to charge the batteries at a higher rate. The stock transmitter uses 8 AAs.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:46 AM
travis m
My Feedback: (3)

i have a cat that looks like your cat tigger
Old 07-30-2004, 12:48 AM
travis m

i would post a pic but still dont know how
Old 07-30-2004, 01:22 AM
smaerd58

Tigger N. Bennie, I defenitly got that screwed up.I saw the Chrome model on ebay it goes for around 180-189 but I am glad that you told me about the other additions because to be honest with you I didn't care for the totally chrome look but thats why we have vanilla and chocolate. I will try and figure out what other anniversary additions you are talking about.I am partial to the blue and white look until they come out with a dodge ram body.Thanks,smaerd58

Heres the chrome at Tower
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXGPF9**&P=ML
Old 07-30-2004, 11:18 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Tower is usually more expensive than eBay. The other AEs have "bronze" wheels instead of chrome wheels like the chrome AE and other MMTs. There were two on eBay (one of each) recently. Again, if it were me I would purchase the chrome AE unless you really want the bronze wheels since I have yet to see the chrome body available separately. I also haven't seen the Kyosho MMT bronze wheels separately from the Type 1 and Type 2 Anniversary Editions. Again, the Type 1 and Type 2 bodies are available separately so someone could purchase the chrome AE MMT, save the chrome body, and purchase another body.

What makes you think Kyosho will come out with a Dodge Ram? There is/was a poll going on for a preference in new body styles, but I have yet to see any firm body choice or update about an upcoming Dodge Ram. If anything, you can always modify a model kit or a slot car body if you find a Dodge Ram. However, for now you are stuck with a Mad Force body. Blue & White is the Type 2 body color.

A lot of the information is becoming a rehash of what is already on the following thread. As a result, I am no longer going to post back and forth between the two threads.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Kyos...1669544/tm.htm
Old 07-30-2004, 11:23 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: travis m
i have a cat that looks like your cat tigger
It must be a good looking cat then (I have two cats by the way). If you hit the "reply" button, an "Upload Images!" link will appear and you can upload some thumbnail images which can be clicked on and enlarged. Another way is to upload photos to your gallery, copy the properties, then click "image" while in the message window and insert the link between the image tags. A third way is to link to the image hosted somewhere else using the image tags too.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:50 PM
travis m

she is a little smaller looking but i have 4 cat they are a pain i cant type on the computer cause they shut it off it is a labtop and the button is sensitive
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92158.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	158978  
Old 07-30-2004, 02:29 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

I was right, she is a good looking cat. And, she does look a lot like Tigger--blue eyes and all. I don't think I could handle four cats on my desk, two is too many sometimes.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:01 PM
smaerd58

Tigger and Bennett,You should have the Mods put up a sticky about which models there are then people won't ask anymore.As for the Ram body I was thinking that someone would probably come along and make one eventually for the kyosho Mini Trucks. Man Kyosho sure has come a long way. Back in the day I started with there Big Brute electric truck it was decent back then but there stuff now Rocks.

This is turning into a cat thread!!!Well since we are at it here are my 2 Main-coon cats Cande and Bennett. Cande is Hiding and Bennett is always hanging out.
have a good weekend,smaerd58 PS.still looking for a good priced anniversary Addition!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 06:16 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Is the smaller one an offspring of the other one? They both are good looking cats. By the way, I picked up my 2nd Chrome AE MMT used for $107.00 including shipping. I hardly ever buy used, but I took a chance and it appears to be worth it. Although the windshield has a little scuff and the chrome wheelie bar has a chip, it appears to run fine and I know it is not that old. The guy just told me he wanted to sell it so he could fix another R/C car up that he races. You just have to keep your eyes and ears open, as well as the right timing.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:33 PM
smaerd58

No they are not related.The smaller one (Cande) we got from a breeder the other one we saw on the petfinder.com sight in a state thats about 5 hrs from us. We drove up there and adopted him because of his personality and how he was malnourished from being on the streets. I wasn't always a cat person loved dogs, but these guys are self sufficient and great pets. I would recommend anyone that is looking for a pet to look on the petfinder.com site and give a animal a good home.I am in no way affiliated with them but feel strongly about getting these animals off the streets and into loving homes,smaerd58
Old 07-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

I basically adopted Tigger and it's a good thing since all his brothers and sisters were killed. The woman who also give him to me was murdered along with others in her family. The only good thing about the situation is that the police caught the murderer, convicted him, and put him in prison.

I also adopted a Bengal Tiger once through the local zoo's adoption program, but she recently died. She did live to be quite old and the local zoo has since replaced her with another bread of tiger. Here is a link and there is more information at the "newsletter": http://www.lasvegaszoo.org Before anyone misunderstands, the zoo does not let you take the animals home.

And Bennie, I purchased him at an international cat show as an expensive companion for Tigger. Now Bennie is spoiled with RC cars.

Myself, I grow up with dogs, cats, and whatever.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:26 PM
travis m

i got 3 cats from my grandma and 1 from a friend of my dad and mom i also have 3 dogs
Old 07-30-2004, 08:09 PM
smaerd58

I am going to the test forum if you guys want to talk,smaerd58
Old 07-30-2004, 08:32 PM
SthAZNPride17

If u want a great mini monster i suggest the Venom Mini Giant. unlike the Kyosho Mini-z Monster the VMG can go offraoding and is a blast to drive.
Old 07-31-2004, 02:00 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: SthAZNPride17
If u want a great mini monster i suggest the Venom Mini Giant. unlike the Kyosho Mini-z Monster the VMG can go offraoding and is a blast to drive.
I already own a VMG. However, unless I missed something the question was regarding which version of the "Kyosho" MMT.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:18 AM
infernalstone

What do you guys recommend for just running around the house chasing my cat Bennie and just plain having fun?
Yea, he's asking about Mini trucks in general. Yes, he did refer to the Mini Z specifically, as you've talked about it. But I digress.

But as for my opinion, I own a Mini-Giant, and I've had a pretty good time with it. While it's no 1/10th scale truck, it's managed to impress me in the nearby state park on more than one occasion with what it could do. I know the Mini-Z has more upgradable parts, but myself, I only have/am going to put Bearings, Batteries, a Fireball motor and Oil Shocks(When they come out.) in mine.

My suggestion? See if your hobby shop has any mini trucks on display/demo. I know mine has the Venom Mini-Giant for demo and I think they still have the Mini Z Monster on demo. If so, that should be what makes your decision easier.