Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Motors for Mini Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 12:42 AM
spoiler42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motors for Mini Z

Hi
I recently purchased a Mini-z MR01 chassis and i would like to know if the Tamiya mini 4WD motors (plasma, atomic tuned, etc) are compatible with the mini-z.
I know they will fit as they are the same size, but i mean will the mini-z ESC be able to withstand the additional amps without frying ??
thanks
Old 11-30-2004, 01:16 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Motors for Mini Z

Upgrade the FETs.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:24 AM
spoiler42

This may be a stupid question, but what are FETs exactly ???
how do u do that ?
Old 11-30-2004, 01:42 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

The FETs are small chips on the PCB. The old ones need to be removed and other ones stacked and soldered. The same holds true when adding some of the optional turbos--removing the old FETs and soldering the connections. If you mess up the soldering, you could damage the FETs, PCB, etc. And if you don't want to try it, either have someone knowledgeable solder them for you or stick to something like the Kyosho X-Speed (50T) or PN Racing Speedy practice motor (52T).
Old 12-01-2004, 09:43 PM
spoiler42

Ok, i guess i will stick tot he simple option like adding the Xspeed motor. I just had a bunch of those Tamiya ones lying around, i thought i would give them a try but i did not want to risk frying the ESC. thanks
Old 02-28-2005, 09:18 PM
BitHed

...the highest you can really go is a TAMIYA Torque Tuned...you can put that into a bb can too and be reasonably ok...anything HIGHER up the food chain than a Torque and you might get burnt...The BEST turbo upgrade for the mini Z platform is called a Whoa Nelly out of Australia...you could just about strap a gasoline V8 onto your board and it will be ok with a nelly...
Old 02-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

What's up BitHed?
Old 02-28-2005, 10:45 PM
BitHed

...Hey TNB...it was the cat and the Z thing that gave you away Thought I had better move up into here and play wwith the BIG boys for a change...My dad hangs out in the boat section Its a family thing Dood how you been anyway? PanicToys is HELLUVA busy...Its tough work Dominating the World
Old 03-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

I'm fine and the hairy kids are fine. Since I own a lot of other R/Cs besides just Zs, I spend time over here at RCU though not as much as I used to. Over all, it's a pretty good forum. From your post it seems that not only is PanicToys busy, but that someone is into watching Aston Powers or James Bond.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:51 PM
kh15

im gonna upgrade the fets on my mr-02 but i was wondering when you upgrade the fets is it like buying a lower turn capable speedo for say a 1/10th car in terms that it can handle lower wound motor but not more batterys?