Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

MINI T WITHA 540 IN IT!!!!!!! NO JOKE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MINI T WITHA 540 IN IT!!!!!!! NO JOKE!

Aren't we testy - you did not see the post that was deleted and we now have another user on moderated status because of it what he said here in this thread. Sorry if you felt it was towards you Irish but it was not. Sorry you felt it was directed towards you.

Most everyone here knows I like the 540 conversions. I have already done the converted MiniT and I have a 540 Micro RS4 setup. I think it is something cool and different and love the place he mounted his. Mine have not ran because no rock guard and do not want to mess the motor up. I would run it all the time if I mounted where he has it if it did not flip easy. If it flips to easy then I would put it back in regular spot and eventually make a rock guard.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:36 PM
My Feedback: (4)

and i repeat i still think it looks silly and to bulky in a rear motor mounted type of car wich infact wont drive that well either... thats my opinion..
Old 01-05-2005, 06:44 PM

Yeah - it makes the rear of the MiniT Heavy. Mine looks like it is pooping.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26191.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	211082   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68409.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	211083  
Old 01-05-2005, 06:55 PM

just an idle thought that passed through my head as I was readign the thread..

if you are trying to put massively oversized motors into minis (and why not? - to much power is never enough) has anyone considered a front motor RWD design? using a belt to get the power to the back wheels., if you were to get the weight of the motor over the front axel you could probably keep the front end down and have a little more chance of contoling the thing at speed. Probably wouldnt be pretty, but I am not sure that is the point any more.

just a thought.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:03 PM

On other forums people have done this and it was fine in the rear. They did their like mine. Just the motor can gets messed up a bit without a motor guard. If you us a wheelie bar, that helps.

As for the batteries though, you can use smaller batteries. For my Micro RS4 - I have a 13t 540 size motor coming for it. Will be running 8 GP1100 batteries with that motor. They work fine. Just eventually the batteries will die faster than normal.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:06 PM
My Feedback: (1)

just to clarafy soemthing... I didn't kow any 1 elese has done this b4 I didn't. As for the motor with it mounted on top the way I have my battery I think is the reason why it does wheelys, it is really top heavy with that battery like that. I tink if Icould mount the battery lower it would be just fine. Yes the motor does weigh it down but the motor really isent that much higher then the back shocktower so it is still pretty low. I still had a question that I had posted about my motor where it seems to lack alittle when I hit the throttle. could the btrrushes just need to eb cleaned like there not makeing a good contact at certain times? And also ive heards this someplaces that if you drill a hole in the middle of the brushes that wit will be able to contact quciker or soemthing in that nature. I know that ccompanys make brushes with grooves and other things in there brushes to help for certain conditions. What can I do to my brushes to make them work better like grab faster? Nice job studysession and to any 1 else that has read this topic and thought I mighthave copyed there idea or anything like that because I didn't! I just got board and makde it work. BTW any 1 else that has got it to work nice job also!
Old 01-05-2005, 07:15 PM

No one thinks you copied. A lot of people are not going for the 540 conversions as much since the mamba came out. It just delivers so much power in such a little motor.

I personally still love the 540's. I have 2 540 converted Micro RS4's. One is still unassembled as spared if the other breaks since they do not make the kit anymore. I did my 540 MiniT for a magazine article I was writing. I had to put that article on hold while i finished my brushless electric conversion for my Hyper 7 1/8 scale buggy. That will be published either this week or next. So once I am done with one other 1/5 scale project for a friend and then I can get back to my 540 MiniT article. So been to busy.

Now that I have seen how you mounted your motor though - I think I might change mine to see if it performs any better or keeps the motor from getting beat up less. But looks like would need a bidy with a taller rear end to fit it under. You can use a regular 7.2v pack designed for the MiniT instead of your big battery pack. Just make sure you use high quality cells, not cheap ones.

I just think it is cool to see others trying and doing new things. Good job.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:22 PM
My Feedback: (4)

i think its fine to do your own things .. but this really isnt new.. i see on tons of forums people doing 540 convsersion on all 18 scale cars/ i have yet to see one worth a run though.. people say mor epower never enough etc.. but in this case more power in a rear mounted car is just to much you can get just as much poer with 280 and brushless motors with decent batteries withough being top heavy or just as it is... anyways just my 2 cents and opinion...

Old 01-05-2005, 07:56 PM

I respect your opion and understand totaly where your coming from and this is pretty much for show and the hole* d@mn you put that big of motor in it?* lol

Study: I have a losi 7.2 pack I don't think I can use that with a lrp sport esc can I?
Old 01-05-2005, 08:16 PM

On my MiniT battery packs i use Deans plugs. On my 540 size ESC's I also use Deans plugs. They work fine. Just eventually the batteries will die.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:43 AM

I still have my question about my 15 turn motor. When I hit the gas the motor kind of stalls really quickly. Could it have anything to do with my brushes or what?
Old 01-06-2005, 11:06 AM

It is something to check - but I usually run all brushless. So I am not best to answer on that one. It would not hurt to replace or clean the brushless. Maybe clean the comm as well.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:12 PM

ok ill give that a try! btw that cad site you had listed on the micro rs4 fame design would I be able to make a part out of that and would work with the cad you have?
Old 01-06-2005, 06:17 PM

Yes it will work - Will send you a PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:23 AM

well I got the motor to run soem what better but I out the stock setup back in because the thing with going threw tranny gears so fast and I don't have the money to get a ball diff yet, so its back to the baja motor
Old 01-08-2005, 04:24 AM

As for tranny gears - You can take a standard size spur and drill out the center to mount on the MiniT. Someone did an article where they put a 540 Lehner 5300 Basic brushless motor in their MiniT and that is what they did to get better quality spur gears gears.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:28 PM

no its not the spur gear its the 3 spider gears in the tranny... they keep dieing on me lol
Old 01-08-2005, 04:37 PM

Oh -