Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OK EXPLAIN TO ME PLZ

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 10:13 PM
djeurofoeva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK EXPLAIN TO ME PLZ

I got my both cars ready mini t and rc18t ready for brushless, now i want flat out the best set up with batteries and motor, , can some one tell me can i run brushless mottor with stock bats for now, or do i need good ones right away,

what should i get / and need

mottor
bats
conectors and and chargers and so on

im new to alectrick and i want to learn. THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Old 02-20-2005, 10:30 PM
homerboi
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: OK EXPLAIN TO ME PLZ

assuming you are using a BL system (which includes the esc that comes with it) and not just the motor, you can use NimH batts such as GP1100s or Kans/CBP 1050s.
if you plan to use just a BL motor, with your own non-BL esc, AND lipos, then you'll need to use a "low-voltage" cutoff device such as [link=https://www.fmadirect.com/site/fma.htm?body=detail&item=1897&section=2]this device[/link] from fmadirect.com.
[8D]
Old 02-20-2005, 10:44 PM
djeurofoeva

no i wanna get it with the speed control, whats the most LiPo cells i can run
Old 02-20-2005, 10:52 PM
travis m

the mamba 800 and gp1100 or lipos
Old 02-20-2005, 11:04 PM
homerboi

a 3 cell, but I recommend only 2. as I ve told others before, with the 8000kV mamba, you'd be lucky to use 50% of its potential and even if you did use more, in a micro, it'll be doing backflips, somersaults and tripping before you could get all that power down from the wheels to the ground. PLUS, you'll definately need to beef up your drivetrain.

alternatively, another BL system you may want to consider - Tekin is coming out with there scorpion, is spring. www.teamtekin.com [8D]

here's [link=http://www.yourmicro.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15215]more info[/link] on the Scorpion.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:07 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

if you plan to use just a BL motor, with your own non-BL esc
Brushless motors can not be used with a non brushless ESC.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:28 AM
homerboi

ORIGINAL: jakjr

if you plan to use just a BL motor, with your own non-BL esc
Brushless motors can not be used with a non brushless ESC.
you are correct...it should have been typed as "if you plan to use just a non BL motor, with your own non-BL esc, AND lipos, then you'll need to use a "low-voltage" cutoff device such as this device from fmadirect.com.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:53 AM
djeurofoeva

ok whats cogging , besides that cogging thing that scorpion sounds good! if only it was here now and i didnt need my rctnt running NOW i would prolly wait
Old 02-21-2005, 01:05 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

cogging is where the batteries cant supply enough current to the motor. or something like that. not quite sure
Old 02-21-2005, 01:16 AM
homerboi

cogging can occur on all "unsensored" BL systems. In layman terms, it's when you accelerate from either a standstill situation or moving situation (like out of a corner or straight away), the motor sputters or stalls momentarily.
its was a major problem with the earlier mambas. CC has corrected it (somewhat), but imo, there are still issues with them. Its recommended that you purchase the optional phx usb link with the system, (IMO, it should be included with the system.), otherwise you could end up sending it back for replacement.

here's more reading, for your research.

[link=http://www.one18th.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15366]link 2[/link]

[link=http://www.one18th.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14617]link 2[/link]

there's alot more, but I think this will suffice, for now...
Old 02-21-2005, 02:00 AM
wide_open247

Quick question, when you charge those lithium batteries how many amps should you charge them at?
Old 02-21-2005, 02:09 AM
djeurofoeva

wow thanks for the info so in other words mamba sucks becouse of cogging[:@] damit how long are the run times with lipos
Old 02-21-2005, 02:38 AM
homerboi

djeurofoeva,

I wouldnt use that term so loosely. CC has a great reputation (from what Ive read and heard) for servicing the cogging problems that arise. What I am saying is your chances of getting a "cogging" unit are high. And many users have justified satisfaction with the mamba by way of CC's customer service to correct their problems or by way of having to purchase the option phx-usb link to correct the problem. If you read the user manual, or any of the advertisements, it states clearly that the phx-usb link is supposed to allow the end-user to "custom tailor" your driving needs/requirements. This is definately NOT the case. IMO, it is being mis-represented and is strictly being used as a tool (that the end-user must BUY), to fix a known problem (ie. the cog issue). If you DONT buy it, and your mamba cogs, then you will have to send it in for a replacement as you cant solve the problem by using only your Tx to program it. Talk to any of the users and they can only set it to one, maybe 2, different "custom settings" for "minimal cogging or no cogging" - any other settings and your mamba will cog. Yes, there are users that have had no cogging at all regardless of the packs they use (good or cheap), the gauge of wire or connectors, etc, but then there are also many users that have gone the full 10 yards with good packs, gauge of wire, deans, etc. and they still cog.

As for lipos, runtimes are definately higher compared to NiMh packs based on similar driving habits.
Just so that you know, the 8000kV will have shorter run times than say the 6800kV or 5400kV. The tradeoff is 8000kV is insanely fast - but then how much power can you really use? and how long will your drivetrain last?

wide_open247,
The maximum charge rate for Lithium Polymer (lipos) cells is 1C. [8D]
Old 02-21-2005, 03:16 AM
djeurofoeva

ok so i have a lot of factors to consider before buying these set ups and its alot more than i expected , i always thought you drop in and play this is alot more complicated than i ever expected i should realy do my homework before investing , is there a bruchless system to mach the cc bl that does not have this bogging thing?
Old 02-21-2005, 07:59 AM
Sao

Well i am using a mamba 8000 on gp1100's with the CC Esc and latest software, my cogging is all but gone, it only does it occasionally now, hardly noticeable
Old 02-21-2005, 11:17 AM
wide_open247

What do you mean by 1C? do you mean 1 amp?
Old 02-21-2005, 11:36 AM
djeurofoeva

ok is there bruched motors that can do the same and isnt there other bl companies that make non cogging motors?
Old 02-21-2005, 11:54 AM
homerboi

ORIGINAL: wide_open247

What do you mean by 1C? do you mean 1 amp?
yes. sorry about that (typo error) - 1Amp max.[8D]
Old 02-21-2005, 11:58 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

you will have so much less work to do to the motor with a brushless. no more new brushes to buy. dont have to worry about stuff getting in them. dont let the idea of cogging scare you away from brushless.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:36 PM
homerboi

ORIGINAL: djeurofoeva

ok so i have a lot of factors to consider before buying these set ups and its alot more than i expected , i always thought you drop in and play this is alot more complicated than i ever expected i should realy do my homework before investing , is there a bruchless system to mach the cc bl that does not have this bogging thing?
For micros, the only other (potential) competitor is Tekin with their soon-to-be-released (April Im guessing) "Scorpion".
As for cogging, only time (and regular users) will tell if its cogless or not. When reviews of the CC Mamba came out, they all touted the mamba was very good, all positive in their reviews....well...you know what happend (don't believe everything you hear or read). Do the research and testing yourself, as I did, before you decide. Same applies for the Tekin Scorpion BL - imo, I'd wait for other users to poll their findings rather than "sponsored" users (slightly biased, imo).
Old 02-21-2005, 12:52 PM
homerboi

ORIGINAL: djeurofoeva

ok is there bruched motors that can do the same and isnt there other bl companies that make non cogging motors?
if you want to go with a brushed setup, then I would recommend you get "radishack's" tuned Pro RK370 motor. he has version1 (very fast) and latest release, version2, even faster.
he's a member on yourmicro and one18th and knows his motors very well. he sells tehm on $bay under the username of "iamachickenduck".
currently, he's sold out, but should have more next week.
you can checkout his posts on both those forums and the comments he's received from (independant) users.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:10 PM
homerboi

ORIGINAL: rustler08

you will have so much less work to do to the motor with a brushless. no more new brushes to buy. dont have to worry about stuff getting in them. dont let the idea of cogging scare you away from brushless.
I agree with rustler08,

"...dont let cogging scare you away from brushless..."
My comments are merely what Ive experienced and tested. As an Engineer, its "in my blood" to play devil's advocate.
That's why I suggest being patient and lets see how the new kid (or should I say old kid, but new start) does.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:22 PM
djeurofoeva

im gonna get castle comp x motor for now and when the scorpion comes out im gonna get that too, and wich ever one is better that will go in my rc18t and the crapier one is gonna go to my minit. lol so cogging is not a such a big deal,

I called castle creations to talk to them and get their opinion on the cogging , The responce was if you should get a bad motor set, we will take care of you but they say they solved the coging problem, and now the bls are smooth and dont need insanly good bats to able to run without cogging. i think some of it was bs what he told me but i still want to go with it and see for my self, i dont know about the usb thing tho the guy sayd its for helping out and making things fasterand easier, instead of being required or needed in order to run cog free when i asked him.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:03 PM
homerboi

Im glad you've decided. [8D]

imo, the phx usb link will provide you with better/easier ability to work out any issues you may possibly have with the mamba. I would advise you to read thru the user manual carefully before hand, so you know 'exactly' what you'll be doing to program the unit. Many users have commented about how you have to listen to the beeps and watch the leds, etc... to understand what's being programmed. Its available to view on their website.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:40 PM
djeurofoeva

definatly and thanks alot for all the info you guys i think it helped me alot in all this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.