Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

Plz help!!!! Keep losing motors in my mini t

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Plz help!!!! Keep losing motors in my mini t

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 09:13 PM
mydartswinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plz help!!!! Keep losing motors in my mini t

I purchased a Mini T about 3 weeks ago. About 5 runs(1 week) after buying the truck, the motor went out in it. Horizon Hobby(Team Losi) sent me a new motor for no charge. Now, about a week(1-2 runs) after I installed that motor, it's out yet again. The first time I had that problem, I checked the diff to see if it was binding, which it wasn't. I then took the diff appart to check for any particles inside the diff, nothing there. I did notice that after I put it back together(I didn't change anything while I was in it, just looked for particles and spun the gears, then put it back together), about half the time when I would spin one wheel, the other would not turn(I'm under the understanding that it should turn the opposite direction). When I got the motor in, it would drive without any issues. This time, I kept an eye on the motor temp and never got it hot. After about the 1st or 2nd pack, the motor locked up. I opened the gear cover and slid the motor away from the spur gear and spun the wheels to check the diff, it moved freely without binding. I then put a freshly charged pack in it and tried to turn the motor. The motor did not move. I manually spun the motor with difficulty. After a couple of turns, it began to turn freely, but won't run under it's own power. Please help, I'm getting tired of the motor issues. BTW, I'm running the Losi Sport 7.2v 1100mah NiMH battery pack. Everything else on the truck is stock. I don't need the truck to go very fast since I will be running it mostly on waxed tile floors so I can keep running when the weather is bad without breaking my XXX-T(which has to much power for the floors). Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:31 PM
sik_tamiya
Banned

Default RE: Plz help!!!! Keep losing motors in my mini t

ok it could be that ur speed controler is getting to hot since ur runiing on waxed floors its prolly burning out... and get a ball diff for 20 buks its a lot easyer and itll be less maintence
Old 03-06-2005, 10:37 PM
sik_tamiya
Banned

hey get on yahoo and ill talk u threw whats going on
Old 03-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Matt G

Wow, bad luck with them eh? I didn't have any problems with mine using 2 cell lipo's or 6 cell ni-mh, but I broke mine in with 1/2 dead AA's for 15 mins. and lubed bushings on both ends. Maybe this will help? I usually break in any brushed motors by running it in a cup of water with 2 sub-c nicads untill water stays somewhat clean then dry with hair dryer and lube it up. Hope it helps, if nothing else break it in with AA's at half throttle for awhile before upping votage and speed.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:43 PM
miniphreak

I didnt blow an engine in mine, but had a similar problem when i turned the wheel on one side it was not turning the wheel on he other side, i am also using a 7.2 volt pack, after some troubleshooting i found that the bushings on one side were a little tight, with mine i put in a bearing set front and rear and it then worked like a charm, the motor did not get as hot, and the car was a heap faster for just a few bucks in bearings....hope this maybe helps...
Old 03-07-2005, 12:07 AM
djeurofoeva

cup of watter what??!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?! [X(]
Old 03-07-2005, 01:28 AM
mydartswinger

thanks for the help guys. i'll invest in those bearings and a better motor and hope that i'm not gonna burn up the esc on these tile floors.