Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

my nitro rc18 is finished

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 03:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my nitro rc18 is finished

yeah wish i have a vid camera

i am having a problem with the engine dying after say a 2 second burst sometimes,its not too lean,i think it may have something to do with the almost direct connection of the fuel tank to the carb,i will turn the tank around and use a longer piece of fuel pipe and give that a go,also noticed that the exhaust that comes with the engine is not a good fit over the engine exhaust exit port,its a bit sloppy and im wondering if the fuel tank isnt getting any/enough pressure becuause of this,i can block the stinger with my finger while its running and the engine still runs,albeit a bit rougher...any ideas?
i also lightened the clutch shoes a bit as i thought they were dragging a bit at idle,now i think they are too light,the drag has gone but now so has the snap and i think they are slipping a bit,could have been a bit of oil in there as i rushed putting them back together,if not i will make some more,i made them from delrin bar and ive got tons of it lol.

dave
Old 08-22-2005, 12:30 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Hope you get the problems fixed because I would really like to see it run
Old 08-24-2005, 12:52 PM

sorry for late replies,been mucho busy

it was just grease making it slip
just removed the plastic topdeck and replaced with 2 alloy braces,front one bolts to chassis,rear bolts to top of brake post,makes it nice and solid and looks cleaner,centre of truck is much more open now.
its all stripped down since i was making those bits,i MIGHT do some pics of the different parts i made so that ppl can see whats involved.

dave
Old 08-24-2005, 02:13 PM
My Feedback: (5)

would you please do taht not just for me but for others as well if you dont mind
Old 08-24-2005, 05:07 PM

ok guys you now owe me big time

ok i made another page to show the parts i made and a quick build info..hope this helps for anyone wanting a bit more info on the layout..i also removed the topdeck and replaced with gearbox braces,i think it looks much better now.
[link=http://www.fastboy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/nitrobuild.htm]here[/link]
have fun

dave
Old 08-24-2005, 05:14 PM
My Feedback: (-1)

cute lil' engine