Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

my mini lst

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 10:24 PM
trdcorolla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my mini lst

its one mamba and it worked out great.

as for the receiver and transmitter its synthesize FM!!! So cool!

Alright!
Old 11-26-2005, 01:50 AM
grumpn

[>:] Got mine today & it just blew me away. Everywhere ya look on this thing its just BUILT. Chassis is solid. Surprising adjustability for the size. This is going to be a VERY popular truck. Looking forward to a bunch of after market parts. Performance was kick butt. Transmitter ajustability was surprising. This is my first step into RC. Went in to the LHS to get an HPI Savage no less. [X(] Saw some of the store guys playin with the Mini LST & decided it was for me. Like the size. I've looked and read a ton for a year and a half & was really going nitro. The features on the MLST just seem right for now. Got a Prophet plus charger & it does a great and quick job on the battery packs. Tomorrow its out of the basement and outside to see how this puppy flys. Ric
Old 11-26-2005, 10:17 PM
SmashNBash

No, the stock MLST transmitter/receiver is AM Synth. You get channels 1-6.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:56 PM
maxx power
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: SmashNBash

No, the stock MLST transmitter/receiver is AM Synth. You get channels 1-6.

Dude, get your facts straight. It's FM, period, end of story. 27mhz, synthesized, channels 1-6, FM.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:09 AM
bigmike882

omg, that MLST in blue is so friggin sweet looking lol, I think I have to get one now, I waqs thinking about geting the regular size LST, but the MLST looks so much cooler!
Old 11-27-2005, 02:08 AM
trdcorolla

ORIGINAL: bigmike882

omg, that MLST in blue is so friggin sweet looking lol, I think I have to get one now, I waqs thinking about geting the regular size LST, but the MLST looks so much cooler!

Go for it! Great for bashing and from looking at it, perhaps a great racer as well. We'll have to wait and see when I bring it on to a track.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:18 PM
the_skdster

ORIGINAL: trdcorollaGo for it! Great for bashing and from looking at it, perhaps a great racer as well. We'll have to wait and see when I bring it on to a track.
dude, I am sooo getting this truck.
until now, I was going to buy a RC18 MT for $200CND at my LHS.
But now, I've completely changed my mind. too bad my LHS WON'T carry the mini-lst saying they have had bad experiences with Losi stuff.
Guess I'll have to get it at one of the other 10 Hobby stores I have access to.
will get a brushless system in there asap. after I buy a decent charger+extra batts.
and how much did you pay for it exactly? US funds will be alright.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:56 PM
fordmaxxer

grumpn: im glad you like your Mini LST, i sure love mine! lol, but i really need a fast peak charger....having two batterys and the stock charger just takes too long
Im thinking about just getting two Losi mini peak charger's, unless theirs a better solution thats in the same price range?
Old 11-27-2005, 09:35 PM
trdcorolla

Anyway I got the courage to strap in a 7 cell wit the stock mlst esc.

Battery specs...7 cell gp1100 peaked charged with my super brain 969.

*Accelration*

So definately noticed that my acceleration increased from the generic 6 cell it came with. Tires are a definate must perhaps the first to upgrade? Reason I say this is because it really has a hard tie hooking up with the ground it'll peel out then snag some grip and off it goes. Perhaps it would be better to play with it on the dirt?

*Top Speed*

This I saw an increase I'd say its doing about 25? Not sure because Im guessing but this time seemed faster than an rc18t. I really need a radar gun!

Now for what everyone is waiting for....temps

Motor ran a blistering 130
Battery ran a blistering 120
Esc ran a blistering 110.

Oh yeah that reminds me, I think I messed up my alignment and now it won't center properly, anyone have this problem?

Anyone have a good idea on how to mesh a gear properly? I tried the paper method but it seems like its not working. Actually its quite than before but I still hear something thats bother me. If anyone has answers to these two questions you know where to find me.

ENJOY!
Old 11-28-2005, 05:18 PM
trdcorolla

here are the bl option that have been tested by Troy at bpp

Hello trd, no problem at all. All of the testing has taken longer than I expected (and breaking the Mini-LST a few times has not helped). Below is what I have done so far, more testing to do this week. Thanks again

-Troy

All tests were done with stock gearing using TP 2000 7.4v & 11.1v li-poly packs. All Mamba Values were left at default w/ 1.02b software. Speeds were measured via GPS via at least two or more top speed passes. The Center diff was locked by slamming hot glue in the spider gears (this method works great as a temp fix until the spools are released) as without this the front tires just sit and spin wasting power and acceleration.

Completely Stock - Top speed 16.3MPH. Acceleration a bit better then the average RTR. Has enough power to pop wheelies if you lock the center diff and traction is perfect.

Stock with 7.4v Li-poly - 17.4MPH. Much better acceleration. Very small increase in top speed.

Warp4 2 Turn - Did Not Test: 28mm can motors will be a difficult fit, requiring a custom motor plate or going crazy with a dremel. Even then there will be little to no room to adjust the gear mesh so the spur/pinions will have to be changed in sets. Also, due to the deep gearing on the Mini-LST this motor would not be a good choice as its Kv is to low. When small spur gears an larger pinions comes out this will change things but until then there are better choices

AON T2415-4900/Mamba 25 - Top Speed: 27.4MPH w/3 cell li-poly, 18.1MPH w/2 cell li-poly. Amazing Torque (10++) and acceleration from this combo. Motor drops right in with zero mods. Top Speed is to close to stock with a 2 cell pack or 6-7 cell nimh. Excellent short track combo. Great throttle feel & control. We just got our shipment of the AON motors and will have them up shortly. Recommend the 3 cell li-poly setup only though as 2 cell/6-7 nimh is to close to stock speed.

Hyperion 5000/Mamba25 - Top Speed 32.4MPH w/3 cell li-poly, 22.1MPH w/2 cell li-poly- Very surprising top speed, Torque (10) & acceleration from this motor especially for a 5000Kv motor indicating these motors have a Kv higher then what the manufacture is listing or they are using different method (like Lehner) to test the Kv. Throttle control is second to none, every tiny movement of the throttle reply's back with a change in speed allowing for incredible control. Does require a quick touch up to the mounting plate with a dremel to fit however due to bearing boss on motor. Highly Recommend this combo with a 3 cell li-poly. 6-7 cell nimh & 2 cell li-poly can be used also for those wishing for only a mild speed increase over stock.

Hyperion 6000/Mamba25 - Testing not complete - Ran out of time on this one but will test shortly.

Mamba 6800/Mamba25 - Top Speed 33.1MPH w/3 cell li-poly, 22.8MPH w/2 cell li-poly - Good Torque (8+) & acceleration. The Mamba actually did very well in this heavy of a setup much to our surprise. While its torque was noticeably down from the Hyperion and AON setups, it still did very well and was impressive for such a small motor. Throttle control did feel a bit strange, after 3/4 throttle applying more throttle did not give back a increase in speed. This in turn made it harder to drive and we found ourselves spinning out more trying to get to top speed more then other combos since the throttle control felt more "touchy". However going through thick grass/sand will bog it down so recommend it mainly for hard surface (asphalt/packed dirt) driving only.

Mamba 8000/Mamba25 - Ran out of time testing, will do it soon.

Lehner 1015/11/Mamba 25 - Broke before top speed could be reached. Twice we shredded the drive shaft pinions with this motor without even trying. I had to sacrifce another Mini-LST kit just to keep the testing going due to this. The Torque and power is so excessive that we cannot reccomend this until upgraded drive shaft pinions These are the pinions that mesh with the differential in the front and back) are out. The motor alone is 149.95 so this will not be a very popular combo but def. one to lust after.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: trdcorolla
AON T2415-4900/Mamba 25 - Top Speed: 27.4MPH w/3 cell li-poly, 18.1MPH w/2 cell li-poly. Amazing Torque (10++) and acceleration from this combo. Motor drops right in with zero mods. Top Speed is to close to stock with a 2 cell pack or 6-7 cell nimh. Excellent short track combo. Great throttle feel & control. We just got our shipment of the AON motors and will have them up shortly. Recommend the 3 cell li-poly setup only though as 2 cell/6-7 nimh is to close to stock speed.
How can some just receive a shipment and then "have them up shortly" or does this mean for sale on his website? It's also my understanding that AON will be and/or is testing a different brushless motor targeted at the MLST.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:18 PM
the_skdster

Anyone got results on run times after battery break-in?
and gotta get me a brushless system soon.
And does it make much of a difference if I use a brushless w nimh or li-poly? torque/speed-wise.
wondering because li-poly chargers are kinda pricy, let alone the packs themselves...

And Guess what?
I should have a mini-LST in my hands RIGHT NOW. 7:59pm
But I was stupid and went to get some McDonald's and got to the store 15mins after (6:15pm) it closed (6:15pm) [:@]
Had to pick up my brother from school, so that added to the lateness.
*goes to beat up 'lil bro*

now I have to drive bacl to the store tomorrow (takes my 1h) and spend the extra $10 on gas.
*wonders if it's a sign*
at first wanted to get the nintendo/mariokart bundle for $170+, then figured I'd get this instead. (149.99)
Old 11-29-2005, 12:03 AM
trdcorolla

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

How can some just receive a shipment and then "have them up shortly" or does this mean for sale on his website? It's also my understanding that AON will be and/or is testing a different brushless motor targeted at the MLST.

What he means by that is, their going to be selling it on bpp and should be up soon for purchase. Anyway I recieved my aon today and will be testing it guys. I'll post what I think and a video perhaps and TNB will try to get a vid of it jumping.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:13 AM
the_skdster

*awaits GODLY video [X(]*
*getting mini-lst tomorow, should have been today. is major pised off*
Old 11-29-2005, 01:38 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

TNB will try to get a vid of it jumping.
Looking forward to it. From the running I have done so far with the MLST, the MLST seems pretty smooth and climbs well. I tried to fit a 3-cell lipo in it tonight, but the fit was too tight unless I extend the posts since the lipo is thicker. Right now, I'm charging several 6-cell battery packs I have that I used with my Mini-T.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:43 PM
trdcorolla

Got my aon!!! Will be testing shortly stay tuned!!!

Does anyone have any experience with the venom speed meter? Thinking of getting it so I can post some definate numbers and not guess.

[link=http://venom-racing.com/products/electronics/vsm/index.htm]Venom Speed Meter[/link]
Old 12-01-2005, 01:52 AM
trdcorolla

Wassup guys, as many of you know I have an aon motor which I installed tonight!!!

First impression by looking at the motor:

Looks small but bigger than a mamba so was a bit skeptic. Quality of the motor to me is great. From what I read in the instruction this bl motor is rebuildable, which I think is AWESOME!!!

Installation:

Installation went on with complete ease! Although the first time I received the motor I thought I needed to buy a different motor connector until I realized that the female plug was covering the male plug.

Performance:

Battery: I used my 7-cell gp1100 which was not fully charged. Equipped with deans and battery is fully cycled for top performance.

1. Acceleration/bottom end: AWESOME!!! Increase in bottom end is definitely noticeable! On a scale of 1-10 I'd give the aons bottom end a 12!!! Yes I said 12! This thing made my mlst scoot quicker than the stock. BEST part about this motor is it made my mlst do semi-WHEELIES on concrete and did wheelies on grass!!! I'm sure if the center diff was locked and if my mlst had better tires than stock it'll be wheelie like crazy! I thought it'd be impossible to do wheelies with the mlst but the aon made it possible! Didn't notice any cogging. I had no problems launching off ramps and landing a respectable distance.

2. Top End: I did notice a definite increase in top end over the stock set up. Top end could be a bit faster maybe 10 mph more. Right now all I have is the stock gearing 23t pinions and a 54 spur gear. Waiting for my lhs to get more parts for my mlst. I've got a 25t pinion, 50t spur gear and a spool on order at my lhs. For now the speed will satisfy me for a while. I will report back when I get my pinions and spur gear if more top end is needed. Changing them should increase the top end but not sure how much though.

Temp:

Mamba speed control stayed cool.

I didn't have my temp gun with me while running it but upon feeling the motor can it did feel hot but I was able to hold my finger on the can for about 7 seconds before removing my finger.

I'll do more testing as soon as I get more parts. As of now my mlst is clicking I believe the center diff is blown good thing I have my stock mini-t diff gear. Off to repair my mlst and get it ready for costco!!!
Old 12-01-2005, 02:11 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Off to repair my mlst and get it ready for costco!!!
I hope that is to run the MLST in the parking lot and not as a source of travel.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:09 AM
stevenchao

...Off to repair my mlst and get it ready for costco!!!
Naw, not traveling TNB. He is working contact for Costco after hours to help collect all the empty carts on the lot with his mlst

hmmm, it actually would be intersting to have some sort of tractor pull contest, or an iron man contest (duration/tour/drag/offroad/tractor pull/high jump/long jump/free style with the same car in a given weekend.... leaving out swiming of course)

Peace,
Steven Chao,
AON Electric
Old 12-01-2005, 04:32 AM
trdcorolla

Sorry I meant to say run it in the parking lot.

Steven maybe I should definately try pulling some carts at costco. The aon motor has so much torque! Its an idea.

Anyway now that I super glued the center diff, my mlst now wheelies on DEMAND!!! How awesome is that!!! Now that it wheelies on demand maybe top end also improved? Wont find out until tomorrow because its 11:30pm right now.

Laters!
Old 12-01-2005, 05:08 PM
the_skdster

trd
Anyway now that I super glued the center diff, my mlst now wheelies on DEMAND!!!
seriously, you couldn't wait until the spool came out?
but then again, I would have done the same if it weren't for the fact that I'm running fully stock and is to poor to replace glued limit-slip diff If I ever need one again.

*would my stock running on stock batts pull wheelies if I s-glued the center diff? wonders out loud*
Old 12-01-2005, 05:31 PM
trdcorolla

ORIGINAL: the_skdster

trd
Anyway now that I super glued the center diff, my mlst now wheelies on DEMAND!!!
seriously, you couldn't wait until the spool came out?
but then again, I would have done the same if it weren't for the fact that I'm running fully stock and is to poor to replace glued limit-slip diff If I ever need one again.

*would my stock running on stock batts pull wheelies if I s-glued the center diff? wonders out loud*
Actually I hadn't plan on doing this but the aon has ALOT of torque it stripped the center diff. So I thought to myself why not glue it and see what happens, its already broke right?

So I did and now it WHEELIES, so I'm definately picking up a spool.

That reminds me I tried soldering an 8 cell configuration and it'll require dremeling of one post on the battery holder. Didn't want to do that so I stuck it out with 7. I'll see if I can get around this without dremeling it.

Can't wait to get more pinions so I can unleash the AONS FULL potential!!

Btw I"m not rich either.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:59 PM
trdcorolla

UPDATE

As most of you know I'm in the process of testing the AON motor in the mlst. Well there has been some new development. Last night I locked the center diff because it was stripped. After that it started wheeling like crazy and on demand too! But today I was playing with it, with the little juice my pack had left from last night and all of sudden I hear clicking noises!!! [:@]

I thought I stripped the center diff again so I took it apart and it held up perfect, it was the rear diff that was messed up. The gear that looks like a bevel gear got stripped!!! LOSI or anyone please make a metal gear for this.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for a bl motor for their mlst and want AWESOME torque in mind, I'd suggest the AON motor. Great in the torque department. Thats the only reason as of now why I recommend it. Lock your center diff and watch your mlst wheelie on demand. As soon as I get some speed runs with higher pinions tooth count and lower spur gear count I'll inform all of its performance. For bashing purposes I'd give the motor a 10 out of 10, takes you where ever you want to go with no problems! Now I just gotta test its speed. Stay tuned!!!

ALRIGHT!
Old 12-02-2005, 12:10 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

so I guess Losi made the center diff slip for a reason. To protect the other diff's
Old 12-02-2005, 03:22 AM
trdcorolla

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

so I guess Losi made the center diff slip for a reason. To protect the other diff's

Thats how it seems!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.