Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

mambo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Arizona_JAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mambo?

Hey,

I just purchase a Mini Z for my wife and don't have much of a clue about electric vehicles. Im a nitro guy..I keep reading about this mambo motor that is supposed to be really fast.. What do you guys think.? I would like to put something in there that really halls butt, because I plan on running it some myself...I don't want a ton of problems, like stuff burning up...You guys got any ideas.? What should I get..Please give a complete list. Thanks Arizona_Jay, and wife.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: mambo?

The Mamba-25 is a brushless speed control that is also available as a "power system" that includes a CM20## motor. The ## indicates the specific type of motor, i.e. KV. A brushless motor also requires a brushless speed control Either way, the CM is a lot larger than the Kyosho Mini-Z motor. A better solution would be to use a modified motor that will fit in the Kyosho Mini-Z; however, most "hot" motors will require a FET upgrade or basically a modification to the Kyosho electronics board. By "hot" I also don't mean the Kyosho Xspeed or PN Racing Speedy upgrade motors.

Attached is a "fuzzy" photo comparing a CM2080 brushless motor and several motors that fit the Kyosho Mini-Z, including the stock motor, Kyosho Xspeed, PN Racing Speedy, PN Racing S04, and NMLv3.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86868.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	404092  
Old 02-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Arizona_JAY

Maybe were not talking about the same truck here...I was refering to a hotboddies minizilla.. Any input
Old 02-08-2006, 07:33 PM
ofnaDOMINATION!

Then why didn't you say Minizilla or Zilla? The Mini Z is a Kyosho car, so you will get some strange, to you, answers. The Mamba should fit in the MZilla, though.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:37 PM
-Inverted-

It fits in the minizilla, although wont provide as much torque as other motors, but will have high top end.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:43 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

It's Mini Zilla man. The mini-z is a kyosho 1/28 car that uses a 130 size motor.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:07 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

It's Mini Zilla man. The mini-z is a kyosho 1/28 car that uses a 130 size motor.
'bout an hou and 10 minutes late , pal.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:13 PM
ofnaDOMINATION!

We all figured out he meant the Minizilla when he said "I was refering to the Hot Bodies Minizilla."
Old 02-08-2006, 10:17 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

opps, I kinda hit end after reading his second post
Old 02-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Arizona_JAY

Dang,

You guys are tough in this forum. I'm not up on all your lingo man, I run nitro cars. Sorry I didn't refer to the vehicle by its correct name !QUOT! !QUOT!...Anyways.. Whats some other options that I have? What motor gives great torque and top speed? Whats up with Lipo batteries? Will my Duratrax intell peak mini pulse charger, charge em? Sorry I got a lot of questions, gona have lots more....

Better go read my 1/18th scale terminology, glossary, dictionary, before I catch a beatdown up in here.....
Later,
AZ_JAY