Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

whats the mini mauler like

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 08:02 PM
bashingozzy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default whats the mini mauler like

hi i was wondering what the mini mauler is like is it worth it what can it do where can it go and whats the speed like
Old 02-16-2006, 10:41 PM
-Inverted-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: whats the mini mauler like

Save your money, its not that great.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:47 PM
gunnut

check out the Team Losi mini LST, I have one and recommend it!
Old 02-17-2006, 12:11 AM
mariodx3

I got two MM for my two boys that are 9 and 10 ...... so do you still want a kids r/c toy? My 9 year old all ready crack one of the shock tower's on his truck. He was driving it off the curb.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:34 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, ask yourself this question - What do you want to do with a mini/micro truck, and how much do you want to spend? If you want something to run in the house or in a limited outdoor space with a relatively smooth surface, maybe some small obstacles, and something cheap and cheerful, the mini mauler is probably right up your alley. If, however, you want something for larger areas like a big indoor space or an average backyard/empty lot(with a relatively smooth surface), something you can jump, something with lots of upgrades, or something with relatively high top speed, then you'd be better off with an RC18T/MT, Mini LST, M18T/MT, Mini Quake, or Mini-T. As for myself, I was looking for something to run in my basement and wound up with an RC18MT. It's a great truck, but it's too fast to meet its full potential in my house, and too small to run well in my backyard lawn very well, so I think I personally would've been better off with the mini mauler. Just my opinion...
Old 03-19-2006, 07:46 PM
garbile

I disagree with the nay-sayers. I have a Mini Mauler and have a ton of fun in the yard/driveway/street. It frequently jumps off the curb and has accumulated many scrapes, but no breaks. And when I decided it wasn't fast enough, I pulled a Thunder Power 730 mah/7.4V Li-Poly battery from my plane and it went completely wild tearing up the grass and wheelying 3-4 feet. The lipo runs for over 30-minutes and neither it nor the motor gets hot to the touch.

The only negative is that it is quickly wearing its tires away on the pavement! That and it about wears my Chihuahua out chasing about the yard.

I'd say it has plenty of bang for the low dollar buck. You shouldn't have to break the bank to give a child a remote control car.