Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

WALL and LOG damage.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 08:58 PM
m8a1r22t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WALL and LOG damage.

I though you guys might like to what hapens when you hit the corner of a wall and then hit a big log.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83156.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	412358  
Old 02-20-2006, 09:04 PM
gunnut

Default RE: WALL and LOG damage.

ouch, tough break!
[X(]
Old 02-20-2006, 10:09 PM
cant drive

looks like something I'd do. sorry to see that
Old 02-21-2006, 12:42 PM
nitroracer20

I have been wondering what occurs in that situation for a long time. Thanks for sharing!!
Old 02-21-2006, 12:52 PM
acsubie

you need a front end chassis "stiffener"[>:]
Old 02-21-2006, 06:33 PM
Gex_61

these mini-t's can take a beating. with my metal gear servo I have caught many walls and rocks and other objects that have sent my mini-t spinning and flipping without breakage.

You must have hit hard. It's probably all that extra weight from the aluminum. The aluminum wont break but everything attached that isn't aluminum will.[] You've got to love those $6 pieces though.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:38 PM
stadiumfan

before i sold my nitro rustler i did that exact same thing!
Old 02-21-2006, 06:50 PM
CadillacDTS2001

ORIGINAL: Gex_61

these mini-t's can take a beating. with my metal gear servo I have caught many walls and rocks and other objects that have sent my mini-t spinning and flipping without breakage.

You must have hit hard. It's probably all that extra weight from the aluminum. The aluminum wont break but everything attached that isn't aluminum will.[] You've got to love those $6 pieces though.
i took mine of a hous roof at full speed and landed on pavment with out breaking a thing
Old 02-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Gex_61

ORIGINAL: eyekandy19

ORIGINAL: Gex_61

i took mine of a hous roof at full speed and landed on pavment with out breaking a thing
Dang, Did you put a lip on the end or just go strait off.

My worst wreck with my mini-t where I didn't break anything was in Morro Bay. I was camping over there and I took it bashing with me. There was a long dirt walkway, A 7-8 foot drop over rocks and stuff. Then there was a nice paved walkway and a bigger drop off on the other side to the beach. I was going full speed down the dirt walkway and didn't grip the dirt as well as I expected through a turn and started to cartwheel down the first hill. Then when it got to the paved walkway it smaked a big wooden post that was holding a bench up, on the side of the walkway, and stopped.[X(]

That was back when I had the stock servo. After checking the car over not one piece was broken. It was one of the worst beatings i've seen and with almost everything stock besides my baja motor. An elderly guy was watching not far away and had his jaw dropped when I set it down and continued to bash.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:23 PM
CadillacDTS2001

just straight off the house
what i did was go over the a pert of the roof that was lower and i threw it on the roof then drove it to the other side and watched it go then i turnd around and and florred it and then it went so fast it hit the gutter nad then bounced up so it was a little hight then the house and then it came dont on the front end and then i drove it away
Old 02-21-2006, 08:33 PM
m8a1r22t

I am going to get an allumium chassis and some other parts that are allumium and replace all that plastic when I get some more money. I have close to a thousand into right now and I am going to get a $75 chassis from outcast horizon becauase you dont need a chassis stifiner and it eliminates the slop of the steering and they also make a allumium bumper that sticks out in front of the tires.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Gex_61

I like the aluminum bumper it looks cool, I think the one from integy. There is a bigger one that GPM makes, go to www.asiatees.com for aluminum parts and not bad prices.

I'm thinking about getting some of there aluminum wheels. A lot cheaper than integy's.

but the chassis is up to you. I would say get it for looks but it's $75. The stock ones are $6. I have a few just for backups but have not yet broken one. surprisingly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90859.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	413062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21828.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	413063