Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

...Anyone heard the rumor that Losi's pulling the Mini LST?

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

...Anyone heard the rumor that Losi's pulling the Mini LST?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 09:04 PM
rcmobile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ...Anyone heard the rumor that Losi's pulling the Mini LST?

...has anyone heard if there's any truth to, or has anyone heard at all, the rumor that supposedly Losi is pulling the mini LST out of production and distribution in order to fix design flaws? ...I can imagine they might be prepping a Pro version, but with the exception of the weak gearing issue, seems to me they got the truck right, so I can't think of why they'd recall it...anyone know anything about this rumor?
Old 04-06-2006, 09:16 PM
pardyboy123

Default RE: ...Anyone heard the rumor that Losi's pulling the Mini LST?

first ive heard...
Old 04-06-2006, 09:32 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Or maybe we may just be getting a Mini LSTII. I think Losi would be doing themselves a service by doing this. It has so many problems right now, that people may judge them badly because they had problems with the MLST. It's like Duratrax and the evader rtr. People have a bad experience with the Evader, and think all Duratrax products have a problem or suck.

Recall it, and fix it losi. We want aluminum diff gears, a ball diff in the center, and better hexes and wheels, and better steering system.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:42 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac
Recall it, and fix it losi. We want aluminum diff gears, a ball diff in the center, and better hexes and wheels, and better steering system.
Does that mean you actually purchased a MLST?
Old 04-06-2006, 09:47 PM
-Inverted-

While it would be nice it would definately piss me off, as well as many others. What about us who have spent OUR money to fix THEIR truck. I would say it hasn't been out long enough to do a re-release, but who knows....I would better hope my current hop-ups would work if there is one in the plans.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:05 PM
carmatic1

better yet i hope that they can come out with a kit that changes the current mlst to whatever form it takes when theyre done fixing it
Old 04-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Tolano

i wish they would just start making mini t and mini lst kits, but that is beside the point. other than the crappy tamiya plug and the diff gears, what issues does the truck have?
Old 04-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I dumped mine on Ebay last week... Drivetrain was severely underbuilt for the power/weight of the mini LST pure and simple.

Those gears would work fine in an 18t, a Mini T, and maybe a Mini Inferno, but they were in no means ever designed to handle the power and weight of the truck pure and simple. S'all good tho, my LST is still my fave MT of all time, no hard feelings Losi.

Fortunately for you guys, I have bad luck and worse timing, so as soon as I pack and ship the mLST there will be an all out upgrade kit released and shipped for free. Mini Quake is still my fave 1/18 MT of all time.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:54 AM
bigmike882

They better not do this anytime soon. I just bought a **** load of mlst performance hops (lots of grphite, cvds, wheels tires etc) and I still have to get the mlst. I will be pissed if they do this soon cus I wont be able to get my mlst till about mid may.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Mr. Mugen

called losi yesterday and they informed me that the upgraded gears they sent me where junk too (no kidding) they just sent me a set of the newest update just relaesed. Call em and get em their free! well not really
Old 04-07-2006, 05:05 PM
carmatic1

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

well not really
what do you mean 'well not really' ... are they gonna cost us or are they free? it doesnt matter to me anyway cuz i have to buy it from a shop that ships internationally......
Old 04-07-2006, 06:45 PM
-Inverted-

Dale, I noticed yours on ebay!
I like the little truck, although the only reason I havnt had any problems is beause I havnt ran it in months....
Old 04-07-2006, 07:11 PM
rockdragon

Well! I'm in Hong Kong and little bit upset. I did e-mail team losi long ago for the diff set replacement and no respone. I went to the distributor where I bought my MLST (one of the first lot) and they had no idea what I was talking about. ....

So my MLST has been sitting in the cornor collecting dust waiting for the better diffs. [&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]

Anyone knows anyway I can do other than wait for the MIP to release the ball diff sets.

Old 04-07-2006, 09:10 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

nothing really
Old 04-07-2006, 11:53 PM
CapUSA

Other than the gears, I love the little truck. I don't know what the big deal is. The only other problem is the transmitter/receiver combo. I don't like it because I can't use my good transmitter now unless I go get the crystal to match the color.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:00 AM
-Inverted-

The only other problem is the transmitter/receiver combo. I don't like it because I can't use my good transmitter now unless I go get the crystal to match the color.
What....All you have to do is put the reciever from your transmitter in it. If you have a 27 MHz synthesized TX it will work with the stock RX. Besides, a crystal isnt that expensive...
Old 04-08-2006, 06:39 AM
mycarisaser

Well the drive and center shafts as well as the cups SUCK. I did find on the gpm web site that they have come out with center cvds. its pitcher # 29. I just cant find anyone who sells gpm stuff. I even emailed the dealers off there web site and 2 of them told me to look at integy parts but I cant find any parts one the integy web site for a mlst. Man this stinks
Old 04-08-2006, 11:01 AM
-Inverted-

Integy has TONS of parts for the mini-lst, however I've heard the Integy aluminum is very weak. [link=http://integy.automated-shops.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html?p_catid=96&sid=4wSJJh1UOM6CB4X-45106088728.79]Have fun.[/link]
Old 04-08-2006, 02:01 PM
rschoi_75

Man, this truck was a total waste of money. [:@][:@]

I've dumped almost twice the amount of money into my mlst than my mini quake, and the mini quake is still a world better than the mlst. I'm really disappointed in Losi for its lack of quality and slow response to these problems.

I have been a Losi buyer for almost 6 years now, and this is the first BIG disappointment I've had with any of their products. I'm still willing to give them the benefit of a doubt, but how they handle the mlst issue, will greatly influence my future purchases with them. Its feels like when a good friend screws you over for a quick buck. It always leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:37 PM
mycarisaser

ORIGINAL: pvt_pile

Man, this truck was a total waste of money. [:@][:@]

I've dumped almost twice the amount of money into my mlst than my mini quake, and the mini quake is still a world better than the mlst. I'm really disappointed in Losi for its lack of quality and slow response to these problems.

I have been a Losi buyer for almost 6 years now, and this is the first BIG disappointment I've had with any of their products. I'm still willing to give them the benefit of a doubt, but how they handle the mlst issue, will greatly influence my future purchases with them. Its feels like when a good friend screws you over for a quick buck. It always leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
I am also one of the dissapointed losi fans b/c of the mini lst. I have bought a xxx-t rtr 2, a xxx-t mf1, mf2, a bk2, mini-t ,and mini lst. I also built a jrx2 for a friend b/c of my love for losi stuff. All their stuff that I have gotten have been top notch except for the mlst. I dont cxare who makes the parts to fix it, it just needs to be done b/c the truck has GREAT potential.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:25 PM
-Inverted-

The thing is, once all the problems are fixed it will no-doubt be the best out there.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:34 PM
nedMX

exactly inverted...if losi hadnt of rushed this thing out and choosen a cheap company to produce it then it would be THE best mini around.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:38 PM
carmatic1

that is, once they are fixed... as of when im typing this lots of people still have that aforementioned bad taste in their mouths and theyre just gonna get to hate losi more and more until our problems get fixed, not abandoned for a truck that replaces the mini lst
Old 04-08-2006, 11:41 PM
-Inverted-

exactly inverted...if losi hadnt of rushed this thing out and choosen a cheap company to produce it then it would be THE best mini around.
Losi did the same thing Microsoft did with the XBOX 360, they wanted to get it out before Christmas to make the money, rather then working on it a little longer and perfecting the bugs.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:57 PM
nedMX

its sad that these MFGs put more importantace on making the money than having people happy with the product.

but oh well, losi dosent really care anymore...theyve already got your money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.