Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

need help with a rc18t kit..

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 11:33 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need help with a rc18t kit..

so my buddy bought the kit version of the rc18 and i told him what parts to get from what ive heard. well i heard the hitec hs-81 was the servo to run, i didnt realise it was way bigger than the stocker..
this is my buddies first time assembling a kit so i probably shouldnt have told him to get that servo.. damn.
so what the easiest way to get that servo to fit? he lives in a different state so its hard for me to help him, and ive never owned a rc18.[X(]
so i hear ya gotta grind a little on the chassis and use servo tape to attach it? i did a search, but everyone linked me to one18th.com but that site seems to be down?

anyone got pics for my buddy to look at, he would really appreciate the help.
im gonna give him a link to this thread so he can see what is said.
help a brotha out!
hes building a sweet one by the way, ill get him to post pics when finished. i told him to buy the killer stuff and he did, he got the wraith brushless motor too!
thanks guys!
Old 10-07-2006, 09:14 AM
revopqrs

Default RE: need help with a rc18t kit..

noone?
Old 10-07-2006, 09:20 AM
ChrisJuliano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, i have no idea on how to help you, mines a 56, but you should post pics, it would help
Old 10-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Seek and Destroy

You will need to grind the chassis to get it to fit. If you get it to fit, the servo should last a while. If he hasn't used it yet, return it to the LHS. A good servo for it, is the hitec hs65mg.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:00 PM
revopqrs

hey thanks guys... i feel bad that i told him to buy the 81...[] i heard people sayin it was the hot set up? ohh well, ill tell him to get the 65. thanks!
Old 10-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Seek and Destroy

ORIGINAL: revopqrs

hey thanks guys... i feel bad that i told him to buy the 81...[] i heard people sayin it was the hot set up? ohh well, ill tell him to get the 65. thanks!
If you want it to last longer, get the 65mg, cause it has the metal gears. The 81 is good for a mini-t, but still requires mods to fit into a mini-t.