Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

Brand new/Need Advice w/ Mini Inferno 1/18th scale RTR.

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Brand new/Need Advice w/ Mini Inferno 1/18th scale RTR.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 12:58 PM
zmarius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new/Need Advice w/ Mini Inferno 1/18th scale RTR.

Hello;

I've played before w/ cheaper store bought r/c vehicles, electric of course. I bought a brand new Kyosho Mini Inferno RTR off of eBay for $135, so I got a good price I think anyway. So far it works well, but I've done a lot of reading and even from my own experience with it so far, it does need upgrading. For one I'd like to get rid of the plastics, the shocks are kinda cruddy and at one point I accidently hit a small curb and the rod on the front right wheel popped out of the wheel lol, luckily that was easy enough to fix even for a novice like myself.

The stock motor is OK, but not anything amazing. I've looked @ bishop power products and it seems this would be the best upgrade idea? :
http://www.b-p-p.com/proddetail.php?prod=db_wraith
Also, do I need any accomodation parts for this new motor? like spacers?? anything?
But I am not sure, and I need you guys' expertise and advice.

Also, I am awaiting two 8 cell Intellect 1400mah battery packs and a megatech Ac/dc 4-8 cell (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5174&rd=1&rd=1)

Did I get a decent or good charger for those batteries? (It was difficult to find a good quality seeming 8 cell charger for under $50)

Also, where a good place to go for good prices on metallic/aluminum? replacement parts, for one I'd like to get rid of the ugly duckling wheels.

I'll appreciate any help.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:32 PM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brand new/Need Advice w/ Mini Inferno 1/18th scale RTR.

Well the motor you picked out is brushless. In order to run it you will need a bl speed control. If you go that route then you also need and new servo and reciever. The reason is is that the current servo is a 4 wire and you will need a 3 wire to match the new TX/RX you will have. The stock esc/rx is not going to run bl motors. I am not sure what charger you got but as long as you can charge at the desired rate, in your case it will need to charge at 1.4 amp or lower.