Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Jrgunn5150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Figit090

ORIGINAL: dacaur

you would be better off just buying a new micro-t!! Then I bet you could easily sell the TX for $20 and the chassis for $30-$40 after you take out the RX/ESC board....
he's partially pretty correct... a like new micro-t runs about 50-60 dollars right now on ebay, but i dont know about a rolling chassis. 30 is on the high side i think. i would NOT pay 40 dollars for a full chassis unless it was brand new and the seperate parts bought on ebay added up to anything CLOSE to that. but selling one might yield a decent profit i'm not sure... best way is to check yourself with an ebay account.

does anyone know and have a good description of what a FET is? ebay has "turbo FETs" and I'm wondering what they are, what they do, and if the ones on ebay are worth the average 10 dollars they are asking.... then they mention stacking i think or something...i just have no clue and if somone could sum it up that would be awesome.

Basically they are like little capacitor's, and store a electric charge to be released on demand. Stacking them aloows for quicker burst's, and smoother throttle control.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Figit090

ORIGINAL: Jrgunn5150

ORIGINAL: dacaur

you would be better off just buying a new micro-t!! Then I bet you could easily sell the TX for $20 and the chassis for $30-$40 after you take out the RX/ESC board....
he's partially pretty correct... a like new micro-t runs about 50-60 dollars right now on ebay, but i dont know about a rolling chassis. 30 is on the high side i think. i would NOT pay 40 dollars for a full chassis unless it was brand new and the seperate parts bought on ebay added up to anything CLOSE to that. but selling one might yield a decent profit i'm not sure... best way is to check yourself with an ebay account.

does anyone know and have a good description of what a FET is? ebay has "turbo FETs" and I'm wondering what they are, what they do, and if the ones on ebay are worth the average 10 dollars they are asking.... then they mention stacking i think or something...i just have no clue and if somone could sum it up that would be awesome.

Basically they are like little capacitor's, and store a electric charge to be released on demand. Stacking them aloows for quicker burst's, and smoother throttle control.
oh cool. I probably misinterpreted the whole circuit board to be a FET... so i take it it really was just showing a capacitor soldered to the board that i didnt know was not stock? have you heard of anyone using these? worth the effort?

also, does anyone know what the stock electronics can handle? Say for example a hotter motor, or the 460mAh lipo? what about the losi 150mAh lipo? i'm guessing theres much better runtime with the 460 but it sounds risky since Losi warns against voiding warranty by using anything but Losi's battery, and i dont know enough about lipos and heard blurbs about some sort of pulse or maybe a pattern in the battery's output that could damage the stock components? i'm not sure...

the lipos on ebay with wall warts look like a much better deal than the losi one but quality and damage to the stock parts is concerning me....
Old 09-14-2007, 03:31 PM
dacaur

speaking of lipo's... can anyone tell me how much longer runtime you get with the losi 180mah lipo?
Old 09-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Jrgunn5150

Well as far as LiPo's goes, the one and only benefit to using Losi's is that it has an internal voltage cutoff, preventing anyone from reversing the cells and a possible explosion/fire. I use it for that reason. The stodck electronics probably wont handle more than the 7.8 v a 2-cell put's out though.

As for FET's, the Xmod and Mini-Z guy's do this all the time, and they could tell you better than me how to do it.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:57 PM
dacaur

Here is my first attempt at a micro t body... flourecent orange and light (lime) green.... I did the orange first with a bit of foam.. then coverd it with green... I wish someone made a dodge ram body for this thing....

Old 09-14-2007, 10:55 PM
KRO

dacaur , I get about 15-20 minutes runtime from the 180Mah battery . I tried the 480 Mah battery but for some reason it will not hold a charge , right from the get go .

I would go with the Losi battery and charger , they are a safe bet and a big performance boost for the Micro T .
Old 09-15-2007, 12:36 AM
dacaur

cool... do you take the lipo out to charge it? do the instructions specify if you should take it out? how long does the lipo take to charge?
Old 09-15-2007, 09:17 AM
KRO

No , you do not have to remove it to charge , and it takes about 20-30 minutes to charge ..... Maybe less .....
Old 09-17-2007, 06:19 PM
!burnz

I'm finally swapping the HR threaded axles for the Losi's. The trouble with the HR's is if you tighten them enough so the so-called lock nuts won't fall off you end up locking the wheels in place. Comparing them side-to-side the Losi's aren't threaded down the shaft as far. It looks as though these may work. I'm also installing the 3racing trans. It looks very well made. As I have said before, Killer Hobbies ships quickly, well now I know TheToyz also does. Ordered early Fri and Received them Mon. From WA to TN in 2 business days!
here's a pic of the HR's and the Losi's side-by-side. (Losi on the right)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54517.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	764895  
Old 09-17-2007, 06:31 PM
dacaur

The losi's appear to be MUCH higher quality... It looks like the threads on the losi's are machined, vs the threads on the Hot racing are just threaded with a die... machining is much more accurate since once you set the machine up all of them will be identical... Doing with a die like the HR axles (appear to be) you just cannot get the exact thread length you need... thats why some people have no trouble with the HR axles, and some do.... they aren't all identical.... Im definatly going to order a set of the losi's now that I see them! Thanks
Old 09-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Figit090

yeah the losi shafts definitely look better... i'm sure the machined tip or at least the machined part just below the threads serves as something for the nut to but up against... looks like that would work much better!
Old 09-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Lumpmister

yeah the losi shafts definitely look better... i'm sure the machined tip or at least the machined part just below the threads serves as something for the nut to but up against... looks like that would work much better!
I just installed the Losi threaded axles on mine and it works awesome! Sooo much better than the crappy e-clips!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Jrgunn5150

I'm happy with my Losi axles, the nut's are yet to be determined though.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:15 PM
!burnz

I just found out a no-no. Don't use the smaller pinion with the lipo. I even loosened up the slipper a little. Looks like a new diff is in order.[&o] It got my side gears on my diff. Not too bad. The diff lasted several months. I did run it for quite a while though, and the wheels stayed on. Glad I bought the losi axles. One and a half runs with the HR's and I would have lost a nut.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 PM
KRO

Did you put a shim on the diff ? I didnt change the pinion for a long time after I bought the LiPo battery and my diff was fine , I did shim it though ....
Old 09-18-2007, 11:58 PM
!burnz

What did you shim it with. Any particular side or both?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:43 AM
KRO

I belive it was a 4mm i.d. Ofna clutch shim ? I put one on just one side , a shim on both sides was too much .
Old 09-19-2007, 01:47 AM
!burnz

Thanks, KRO
Do you put it between the side gears and the bearing?

I'm almost done with my mini body. I will have a micro-mini.[>:]
Old 09-19-2007, 11:07 AM
KRO

Thanks, KRO
Do you put it between the side gears and the bearing?
Yes , I had too because I put in the 3 Racing gearbox , havent had a problem since and it has MANY runs on it and is still butter smooth ....
Old 09-20-2007, 12:04 PM
!burnz

Finished my micro-mini. I think it needs a wing and stiffer springs in the rear.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60178.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	766584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86287.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	766585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pv53024.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	766586  
Old 09-20-2007, 12:15 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look what's new

1/36 Micro-Desert Truck RTR(LOSB0233)

From the desert sand to the palm of your hand!

Complete RTR, everything included
Extended chassis for increased stability and scale looks
Fully independent suspension with friction dampers
Differential-equipped transmission with adjustable slipper
Powerful micro-motor for quick acceleration and great speed
Digital proportional electronic speed control with reverse
Losi 27MHz AM radio system included
Micro-Desert Grip tires mounted on chrome Micro bead lock-style wheels
Portable charger included (powered by included alkaline batteries)
Ni-MH battery pack installed
Includes 8 AA alkaline batteries for charger
Includes 8 AA heavy-duty batteries for transmitter

Overview
Designed with the same award-winning features as the Micro-T™, the Micro-Desert Truck™ offers desert racing style in a micro truck that’s just under 6 inches long (about an inch longer than the Micro-T). Packed with a Ni-MH battery, independent suspension, differential-equipped transmission and 27MHz Losi AM radio system, the Micro-Desert Truck has the speed and handling to tackle nearly everything you can throw at it. Take it with you anywhere you go and satisfy your RC cravings with the Micro-Desert Truck.

Product Specifications
Type: 2WD Desert Truck RTR
Scale: 1/36
Length: 5.7 in (114mm)
Width: 3.5 in (89mm)
Wheelbase: 3.5 in (89mm)
Weight: 4.0 oz (112g)
Chassis: Extended composite tub
Suspension: Independent
Drive Train: 3-gear transmission w gear diff and slipper
Tire Type: Micro-Desert Grip tires mounted on black micro bead lock-style wheels
Motor or Engine: Micro electric
Speed Control: Electronic, fully proportional forward/reverse
Radio: Losi 27MHz AM pistol
Servos: Sub-micro
Batteries: 4.8V 150mAh NiMH (included)
Charger: Peak (included)
Wheel Size: 0.75 in (19mm) diameter
Kit/RTR: RTR
Shock Type: Coil-over friction dampers
Body: Factory-decorated Desert Truck
Ball Bearings: BB equipped transmission

Needed to complete
Nothing! Everything is included.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:45 PM
!burnz

Be nice if it has a bigger battery tray than the micro-t.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Nafets

I wonder if those wheels will fit on a Micro-T? They look like they would. I bet a T would look bad ass with the DT wheels!
Old 09-20-2007, 09:06 PM
dacaur

So im wondering... to me to looks like just an extended chassis and front bumper.... I would be willing to bet that you could just buy the new chassis and wheels/tires and swap everything over...... I cant wait!!
Old 09-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Figit090

yeah that's my first impression as well. looks like a cool upgrade! not really HUGE...i'd love to see 4wd or larger ground clearance, but i bet this and flipped wheels would rock...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.