Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:53 PM
GAU-8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so what is the fix for the leaking LOSI oil filled shocks..? love to do a search, but my internet is still down at home..so i'm on lunch/work computer.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Desert RC

You need to rebuild the shocks...If you take the shock completely apart you will find that the bottom of the shock body unscrews and there is nothing in there, but inside the shock body on the shaft you will find two o-rings on each shock. You need to rebuild the shock now with those o-rings relocated inside the bottom compartment of the shock body where it unsrews. Kinda hard to explain but when you pull it all apart kt will quite evident where the orings were designed to be located but they were assembled haphazardly and incorrect. They shocks are actually constructed VERY well and dont leak once they are re-built. Only problem is that the spring that come with it are WAY too soft and virtually pointless.

If you still are unclear please search the forum of MICRO T website for better rebuild instructions with pics. They are actaully alot of fun to rebuild. Good luck.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:00 PM
KRO

Come on the losi BL system has more bugs than south america.....I agree with him it is a inferior weak product. I have RARELY have heard of someone who had a real plug and play system without problems...if not in the begging then eventually. You have to hit the LOSI EXCELORIN lottery to get a system that works and odds are if you do it wont last. You should not have to buy some thing and take preventative measures to to protect from failure before intallation(like the wire fix). I have came across few parts that need a overhaul like the crap that Losi churned out for BL.

Mamba 25 FTW!!!!
Well , I guess I must have won the lottery then cause mine has countless runs with no problems .

Though when I first installed it the body was hitting the motors wires and bending them , causing them too fatigue and break , Horizon replaced the motor and Its been running great since (I did route the motors wires more carefully though) .

I see TheToys has that 3s LiPo from Losi now , anybody tried it yet ? Mine is already wicked fast now , dont know if I want more speed .....[X(]
Old 10-13-2008, 11:09 PM
speedzy
My Feedback: (1)

hey dont mean to jack the thread or anything if theres some other conversation goin on here but im havin some issues with my Micro Dominator. It all of a sudden starts slipping like crazy when i hit the throttle. So much so that i cant even get to a good speed at all. It goes super slow. And it happened just all of a sudden! Not sure whats wrong with it. I checked the obvious thing right away, the slipper clutch. But i cant even seem to tighten it for some reason. I can turn it slightly but it doesnt do anything. Does it even have a slipper clutch? or is it just a nut that holds on the spur? Other than that im guessing it could be the diffs if its not that. thats the only thing. but i dont really know too much about these cars so im not sure. I might try to return or replace it tomorrow to the LHS but im not sure if im gonna be able too, i got it like a week ago so i might be able too, well see
Old 10-13-2008, 11:15 PM
KRO

Either the spur/pinion mesh has loosened , the spur/pinion gear is loose or stripped , or your diff gear is shot .
Old 10-14-2008, 12:46 AM
speedzy
My Feedback: (1)

ya the spur mesh is still good. Spurs not stripped at all. So im thinkin the diff gear must be shot. man that sucks
Old 10-14-2008, 11:28 AM
dr.bjm

SO I am new to the micro scene and I tried to read it all and find the deal on the aero nuts lipos and charger but it is all spread out. Can someone post up a link to EVERYTHING I would need? The lipos, cheap lipo charger, and the connectors needed to make it work in a micro? THANK YOU.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:47 PM
GAU-8

SHOCK REBUILD DID THE TRICK!! thank you! i am happy again :P
Old 10-16-2008, 02:39 AM
Desert RC

Cool I am glad you got them working....surprised you could understand my crazy instructions. How do you like the rebound on those babies??
Old 10-16-2008, 08:59 AM
KRO

Just bought a set of "The Toyz" oil shocks , anybody else try them ?

[link]http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=10868&cat_name=MICRO%20T[/link]
Old 10-16-2008, 05:44 PM
GAU-8

they are very smooth, and nicely rebounding. i found out one of the issues i had with them was my tightening the shocks to the frames too tight, causing a minor bind between shocks, and the arms they were screwed to. backing off a qtr turn allowed smooth operation for full travel without bind on the inner shaft shock body. they afre awesome now, and soak up the bumps quite well
Old 10-17-2008, 05:14 PM
MTboy

We are proud new owners of a micro T and micro DT. Very cool looking trucks. The shocks look like they need some work but other then that I am happy. Still need to run them so not sure on how they are yet..

OPPS!!!
Fixed now...lol
Old 10-17-2008, 05:29 PM
madmax22

ORIGINAL: speedzy

ya the spur mesh is still good. Spurs not stripped at all. So im thinkin the diff gear must be shot. man that sucks
yea your diff is shot.

gratz MTboy but if you got mini's go to the mini-t forum!
Old 10-18-2008, 10:27 PM
nibbler125

im saving up to get one only 35 bucks to go
Old 10-19-2008, 08:13 AM
MTboy

ORIGINAL: nibbler125

im saving up to get one only 35 bucks to go
Good times are not far.. Good luck and let us know.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:13 AM
mikemcnair

ORIGINAL: KRO

Come on the losi BL system has more bugs than south america
I see TheToys has that 3s LiPo from Losi now , anybody tried it yet ? Mine is already wicked fast now , dont know if I want more speed .....[X(]

the Xcelorin system is indeed buggy, but after motor #2, ESC #3, and Rx #3, i am finally running flawlessly.

also, the 3s lipo won't fit the T, just the DT chassis due to size IIRC.

i am back ladies been a while, but i was building 1:1 cars, finally fired up the Micro last night for the first time in months, good times. :thumbup:
Old 10-19-2008, 12:21 PM
madmax22

they need to make more micro BL systems, like mamba, novak, LRP, trinity ect ect.... the losi ones do indeed have many problems but i think is one or 2 or 3 or 4 of the compaines i listed get a micro-t BL setup out there i think it will be awesome. Wasnt orion supposed to come out with one??? what happned to that???
Old 10-19-2008, 04:35 PM
MTboy

Anyone have any info on hooking up a power supply to the stock charger? Can't seem to find it again..lol I have a couple different power supplies laying around and would like to find out if one will work and how to do this mod..
Old 10-20-2008, 12:31 AM
mikemcnair

ORIGINAL: MTboy

Anyone have any info on hooking up a power supply to the stock charger? Can't seem to find it again..lol I have a couple different power supplies laying around and would like to find out if one will work and how to do this mod..
go lipo, and get rid of the stock charger, it sux.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:52 PM
MTboy

Agree but why spend money on lipo and charger when I can do this mod and spend the money on other things for it.. Like bearings, screw axels and things. Plus it's not just one I'm buying for. I have to buy two of everything so it's alittle more to get and save for..

Where do you get the little screws from? On the DT the battery door screws, one broke off inside the metal thing that connects to the top. On the T the one screw is stripped and will have to drill out so I will need to get some screws and one of those metal things it screws to.. Where can I find this?
Old 10-20-2008, 09:35 PM
GAU-8

STILL down on my home internet so at work /lunch again. anyways i spent a little bit of time on a blank body. i was able to make a recessesed lighting area for the LOSI DT light kit.

what i did was cut off the post (?) that holds the metal skids in place on my blade 400. essentially a tube. i cut the tube lengthwise to make it a "C" shape from a side profile. there is a small screw hole on each post to hold the landing gear rail to the strut. this hole i opened up and inserted the light. (which is on the back part of the "C") the open end of the "C" i applied epoxy to , and glued to the body. (before doing so i scored the inside of the lexan body where the lights go, to look like reflectors on the glass) then masked them off. for the tail lights i painted the inside of the "C" body red to have depth. if i can find a way to upload photos here at work, i will do so soon
Old 10-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Desert RC

a screw set is like 2-3 bucks on most sites to fix any probs. The lipo Mike was mentioning is the number one easy most speed upgrade....you will def see a big difference. I bought 6 lipos for under $40 at aero-nuts but I had a chrager, They do sell the chargers on there site. You wont be dissapointed with this upgrade. Then get the BB motor, BB's, threaded axels ect ect ect.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:40 AM
mikemcnair

ORIGINAL: Desert RC

a screw set is like 2-3 bucks on most sites to fix any probs. The lipo Mike was mentioning is the number one easy most speed upgrade....you will def see a big difference.

bingo. lipo and BB is FAST. and not that bad pricing. this dude has great products, and great prices!!! http://www.diyminituner.com/servlet/Categories

contact him for a micro t batt/charger. i think it is 30 bones.

contact www.thetoyz.com for the screws. RJ is the man, and ships fast as hell!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 02:46 PM
KRO

The Aero-Nuts LiPo's are the best deal going IMO , they are well worth the 5.00 each , and you can get a better charger than the Losi wall charger (they have balance taps).

[link=http://www.aero-nuts.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_56&products_id=433]Aero-Nuts LiPo's[/link]
Old 10-21-2008, 03:16 PM
mikemcnair

the diyminituner ones are 230 mah. not THAT big of a diff, but it's a wee bit faster

the auro-nuts ones are the best deal overall, hands down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.