Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Megatech Pro-Pulse Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Haulin Azz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megatech Pro-Pulse Review

This is my review of the Pro-Pulse. I own the truck so i am basing this off the truck

Drivetrain: very strong drivetrain, nice and enclosed

Electronics: nice for RTR, did have some low speed "coging/glitching" form the esc, but the electronics work great in my M18 w/no problems, great reception with the FM radio

Handling: it handles good stock, the springs are a little soft, i fixed that with the mini-t rear springs, blue in front and green in rear

Speed: this is a fast RTR mini, about the same as a stock rc18t. I now have a 5800kv brushless in it w/ko-propo radio, stock electronics from this are now in my m18

Suspension: very forgiving, a-arms are flexible to prevent snapping in a high speed wreck, it is a good choice to upgrade the stock tierods to steel rc18 ones.

Jump Handling: hanldes jumps great, very controlable in the air, does even better with the stiffer rear mini-t shocks.

Durability: strong little truck, bumpers are kinda week stock, but if your a good driver no problem, or make your own like i did outta a 1/10 bumper.

Price: great price on this little truck $99.99

Ability to Handle Brushless Setups: handles brushless great, drivetrain stands up to it very well.

Tires: great stock tires, very grippy, soft compound

This is a great truck and i encourage anyone who wants a mini to get one. Hope this helps, if anyone has any questions please ask. This thing is very fast and fun with the brushless i have in it, Cobalt B brushless motor and [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270061503202]this[/link] esc.

These are my upgrades so far:

- 5800kv brushless system
- 6cell 1500mah batteries
- trinity rear road tires all around
- parma 50's classic pickup body
- Ko-Propo MARS radio system
- custom rear bumper
- rc18 steel tie-rods
- mini-t rear springs, green in rear and blue in front

My upgrades to come:

- aluminum a-arms
- aluminum shock towers
- custom aluminum or lexan battery strap
- custom front bumper
- aluminum shocks
- rc18 diffs (if the stock diffs ever go out)

That is about it, any questions or commits please ask or post. Oh i also tightned the rear diff to withstand the brushless
Old 12-28-2006, 10:47 PM
bluecaka69

Default RE: Megatech Pro-Pulse Review

do you honestly think its worth putting all of that $$$ into it why not buy something else to upgrade just wondering
Old 12-29-2006, 08:45 AM
fastmax

ORIGINAL: bluecaka69

do you honestly think its worth putting all of that $$$ into it why not buy something else to upgrade just wondering
If your going to spend the money on upgrades anyway, why not start out with a less expensive, yet equally durable platform? Then when it's all said and done you actually have less into it.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:39 AM
CadillacDTS2001

or just buy all the hop ups and alleviate the cost the actual plastic vehicle.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Haulin Azz

less expensive platform? this cost $99.99 rtr. I would do the same hopups i am doing to this on a rc18t so i am actually saving money. I have already had my Ko-Propo radio for awhile along with the batteries. This is a very fun truck that i get to do some custom fabrication on, that is what i like to do.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:13 AM
ChrisJuliano

Buy a rc18t factory team, put in the same electronics and you got yourself a better car
Old 12-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Haulin Azz

nah i love this truck, it runs great and has great electronics stock and now. I put its stock electronics including the motor in my m18 that i race on fridays, i am going to race with those electronics, i would not want to race with stock 18t or mini-t electronics cause they suck, glitchs in the mini t and rc18 t esc and radio glitch and throttle sticks wot if you upgrade the motor, i broke so many parts on my old rc18t, i hated it and sold it for $50.00 i will never sell this truck, it is awesome and i get to do some custom fabrication on it.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:23 AM
CadillacDTS2001

man u love radio shack.
i bet you have a X-mod to and zip zaps
Old 12-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Haulin Azz

i hate x-mods and zip-zaps they r junk and they should all be thrwon away. this is not radio shack, it is megatech, it is not a toy peice of crap it is a hobby grade rc that is very fun to drive around, i would rather buy 2 more of these then a rc18t or a mini-t. the mini-t is a pos stock. a receiver and esc together? that is how walmart cars and toys ru us cars are all losi did was put a cover over the pos electronics to make it LOOK hobbygrade
Old 12-29-2006, 11:31 AM
-Inverted-

the mini-t is a pos stock. a receiver and esc together?
Classic symptom of fanboyism, comparing their item to one that has nothing in common.

Dude, the mini-t is over three years old and started the mini craze. There would be no Pro-Pulse without the mini-t. So lets compare something more modern with updated technologies, say a Mini Baja versus a Pro-Pulse. It may be more expensive, but considering there is at least factory support and TONS of aftermarket support for the Mini Baja, you will be able to fix your car when something breaks instead of waiting for radioshack to get in their shipment, which will get sold to you by some pissy emo radioshack employee.

I'll stick to the cool guys at the local hobby shop thank you...
Old 12-29-2006, 11:35 AM
CadillacDTS2001

ORIGINAL: Haulin Azz

i hate x-mods and zip-zaps they r junk and they should all be thrwon away. this is not radio shack, it is megatech, it is not a toy peice of s**t it is a hobby grade rc that is very fun to drive around, i would rather buy 2 more of these then a rc18t or a mini-t. the mini-t is a pos stock. a receiver and esc together? that is how walmart cars and toys ru us cars are all losi did was put a cover over the pos electronics to make it LOOK hobbygrade
if you read a little harder you would notice ever one of radio shack's rc toys are a division of megatch
Old 12-29-2006, 11:35 AM
Haulin Azz

i am not using pro-pulse upgrades, if somtein breaks i will put a rc18t one on. it is not that hard to fabricate out of aluminum. I don't like aftermarket that much, i would rathe make a chassis or shock towers or batt strap.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Haulin Azz

well this is the only good quality one they have put out every thing else in radioshack is a pos besides this
Old 12-29-2006, 11:43 AM
ChrisJuliano

Man, where is mugen? I thought he was going to do a review on these, his reviews would be much more respected in my opinion.

I dont beileve you had a RC18T, i got a rc18t and i driven a pro pulse, the pro pulse is awsome considering its from radio shack, but comparing it to a hobby grade RC18T i would NEVER think about the pro pulse
Old 12-29-2006, 11:47 AM
-Inverted-

i am not using pro-pulse upgrades, if somtein breaks i will put a rc18t one on. it is not that hard to fabricate out of aluminum. I don't like aftermarket that much, i would rathe make a chassis or shock towers or batt strap.
I would love to see you TRY to fabricate something like that out of aluminum. Lets see an A-arm

"if somtein breaks i will put a rc18t one on"

So your going to modify parts to fit on your car, when you could have just purchased a car that they will fit on from the factory.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:06 PM
Haulin Azz

i had a rc18t that i used to race it was a truggy and it was a very nice truck just its electronics suck. I can't fabricate a a-arm yet, but i can do a chassis as long as is it not crazy, and skock towers are not to bad to make. it just takes measurements and time.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:15 PM
ChrisJuliano

Ok, if the electronics suck, why would you care?

your pro pulse already has differnt electronics

not many people keep stock cars, if i took my mamba and novak XXL and put it in a pro pulse im almost sure it couldnt handle it, seeing that it was cheaply made

Like i said, you would be better of getting a team losi or a rc18t, theres no doubt about that
Old 12-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Haulin Azz

it handles my cobalt brushless very well, i put the pro electronics in my m18 cause i needed a good esc, radio. oh and inverted it is not hard to fabricate the chassis, battery strap, of shock towers. I build streetrods, hotrods, and am working on my 1969 Dodge Charger with the 440 magnum right now, so fabricating is not that hard.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Haulin Azz

i didn't have any money to buy better electronics when i had it so i was stuck with bad reception, and the esc sticking wot.[]
Old 12-29-2006, 12:58 PM
-Inverted-

inverted it is not hard to fabricate the chassis, battery strap, of shock towers. I build streetrods, hotrods, and am working on my 1969 Dodge Charger with the 440 magnum right now, so fabricating is not that hard.
You said your 13 years old, I have a hard time beleiving you build hotrods....

Anybody can do battery braces and chassis, you cant do an a-arm because you most likely only have a dremel...
Old 12-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Haulin Azz

ok i am 14 i build hotrods we just finished a 34 ford pickup highboy with a 289 with a tunnel-ram and tube cross members. we have a 1939 lincoln zephyr, 34 ford sedan, 36 ford coupe, lifted 79 ford, and my 69 charger. I most likely only have a dremel? i don't even use a dremel cause the brushes wear out easily. I don't care if you don't beleive me because i don't even know you. you have to use a cnc to do a nice a-arm so i am not even gonna try until i go to my highschool and use their cnc, lathes, mills, and everything else they have.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:13 PM
-Inverted-

you have to use a cnc to do a nice a-arm so i am not even gonna try
I know that, but for someone who claims it's so easy to fabricate out of aluminum you make it sound so simple.

ok i am 14 i build hotrods we just finished
I build WE finished - sounds like you get alot of help from your dad and then take the credit. Lets see some of the work YOU have done...

I don't give a s**t if you don't beleive me
This is the problem with todays society. You shouldn't be using such crude language for being so young...kids can't think of anything better to comeback with so they start cursing lol. Hilarious.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Haulin Azz

take a look at my avatar, i wired that whole truck, no help, did some of the fabricating, and when i finish my charger this summer i will pm you a pic to show you the work i have done because i am doing it all by my self. when i got it it had junk wheels flat tires, engine would not run, exhaust was full of mice nest and other stuff. It now has new wheels and tires, new flowmaster exhaust, engine runs great, and i have a video of it going down my road runnin strong, i have done all of that myself.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:23 PM
-Inverted-

it had junk wheels flat tires, engine would not run, exhaust was full of mice nest and other stuff. It now has new wheels and tires, new flowmaster exhaust, engine runs great, and i have a video of it going down my road runnin strong, i have done all of that myself.
You did what, buy new parts...I can do that.

I see a blue truck in your avatar, that means nothing to me. Lets see some proof that its yours. Stick your pro-pulse on the hood and snap a picture so we can see.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:25 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

I must say it's not easy to fabricate 3d parts even with a mill. Even with a cnc you cant just have the idea and make it....you have to have it well designed before hand. I have access to a lathe, drill press, mill, dremels, saws etc but It's still a learning process. Anything made of sheet is easy but once you get thick and start making precise parts and cutouts it gets tricky.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.